Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 6/24 GDT: Milwaukee Brewers (40-36) vs Atlanta Braves (35-38)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,730 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    It's actually the gloating that makes making Braves games tougher to watch.

Let's be honest, the "nega-braves" have been much more right than the posi-braves.... but every time there is a glimmer of good news, the posi-braves come here to gloat, which brings out the nega-braves to point to an uncomfortable reality.

thethe, the 2015 team was HORRIBLE to watch. Last year - while slightly better, was HORRIBLE to watch. Watching bad baseball is no fun. To argue otherwise is just nonsense... If we're lucky, this year's team will Finnish as good as the 2014 team, which you just described as horrible to watch.

I'm happy the team is playing better. I really really hope we turn it around and become really good, because the reason I'm negative is because I hate watching my team suck.

Its not about being right or wrong. Being a Posi-Brave doesnt mean I think they will be good it means I hope they do. I am not sorry that I get excited when the Braves do well or a Braves player is exceeding expectations.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cajunrevenge For This Useful Post:

chopdrew (06-25-2017), mfree80 (06-25-2017), Tapate50 (06-25-2017), TomahawkCult (06-25-2017), VirginiaBrave (06-25-2017)

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    Its not about being right or wrong. Being a Posi-Brave doesnt mean I think they will be good it means I hope they do. I am not sorry that I get excited when the Braves do well or a Braves player is exceeding expectations.
    Nor should you be. But you're not one of the people who come on here to mock the negabraves anytime something good happens. That's what brings them out.

I want us to win too. Seriously, I am enjoying this winning streak. But I don't think it will continue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,536 Posts
    is there one poster around here who has not enjoyed the team's play the last couple weeks?
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,701 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    is there one poster around here who has not enjoyed the team's play the last couple weeks?
    thewupk seems to point to July every time spirits get high. Get the feeling he can't wait to see us fall apart. I could be completely misreading him though

Where's My Cup of Coffee?
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    thewupk seems to point to July every time spirits get high. Get the feeling he can't wait to see us fall apart. I could be completely misreading him though
    He's just an ultra realist and stats guy. We've played the easiest schedule in baseball so far, and have most of our harder opponents in the second half, and he is being realistic about that. It's really nice to see us playing well (particularly offensively, as that makes it fun since you are never truly out of a game), but realistically we are beating up on really bad teams for the most part. The good news is that should result in us being middle of the pack as long as it continues, which would be a nice improvement going into next year.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to auyushu For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (06-25-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,536 Posts
    I'm not a mind-reader, but I would guess he would be happy if the team went on a tear in July.

I have a bet with you about Swanson. Every time he does something good at the plate my chances of losing that bet go up. But I've been rooting for him to get a hit in every key at bat. Now the at bats that come at the end of a blowout are a different story.

My point is I don't think anyone is rooting against the Braves just so one of their predictions will come true.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,701 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by auyushu View Post
    He's just an ultra realist and stats guy. We've played the easiest schedule in baseball so far, and have most of our harder opponents in the second half, and he is being realistic about that. It's really nice to see us playing well (particularly offensively, as that makes it fun since you are never truly out of a game), but realistically we are beating up on really bad teams for the most part. The good news is that should result in us being middle of the pack as long as it continues, which would be a nice improvement going into next year.
    23 games so far in June...
    4-1 vs winning teams (both 1st place teams)
    10-8 vs losing teams

Results don't support what you suggest

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,701 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    I'm not a mind-reader, but I would guess he would be happy if the team went on a tear in July.

I have a bet with you about Swanson. Every time he does something good at the plate my chances of losing that bet go up. But I've been rooting for him to get a hit in every key at bat. Now the at bats that come at the end of a blowout are a different story.

My point is I don't think anyone is rooting against the Braves just so one of their predictions will come true.
    Meet enscheff... he'd love KEMvP to go 0 for the year to gloat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,536 Posts
    Meet enscheff... he'd love KEMvP to go 0 for the year to gloat
    I would guess he would rather have Kemp prove him wrong if it helped get the team into the playoffs.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,536 Posts
    10-8 vs losing teams

Those are small sample flukes. Every year you can point to a team having a great record against a team that's really good and a lousy record against a team that sucks.

The point that various people have made that our record in June is likely to be better than our record in July is a valid one. It might not happen because we're talking about probabilities here. But that would not invalidate the point.

"I am your retribution."

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,362 Posts
    We should have a July win total contest. Winner gets a free years memebershio to chop country. I hate looking on mobile. Can someone post July schedule.

Without looking I bet we win 37 games in July.

Where's My Cup of Coffee?
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts
    10-8 vs losing teams

Clearly we will win 4 out of every 5 games the rest of the way against teams with winning records, because of those awesome results this month. We've owned the Nats this year so far, which is great, but they are really the only good team we've played in the first half outside of the Astros.

We start off the second half with 6 games against the Dbacks, 7 against the Dodgers, 3 against the Cubs, and 4 against the Phils. If we make it through that stretch with a winning record I'll be very pleasantly surprised and we'll have a really solid chance to have a winning record.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,701 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by auyushu View Post

Clearly we will win 4 out of every 5 games the rest of the way against teams with winning records, because of those awesome results this month. We've owned the Nats this year so far, which is great, but they are really the only good team we've played in the first half outside of the Astros.

We start off the second half with 6 games against the Dbacks, 7 against the Dodgers, 3 against the Cubs, and 4 against the Phils. If we make it through that stretch with a winning record I'll be very pleasantly surprised and we'll have a really solid chance to have a winning record.
    Yeah, never said it would continue. Just saying that our little surge isn't just beating up on bad teams.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,536 Posts
    Yeah, never said it would continue. Just saying that our little surge isn't just beating up on bad teams.
    Given the quote you were responding to, it seemed you thought your numbers were refuting his point.

"I am your retribution."

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,854 Posts
    I'm glad the Braves have been winning a few games lately. However some people seem to get upset when not everybody is rah-rah about the team. I thought the Braves were a mid to upper 70's win team with average pitching and a bottom third offense. So far it looks like I was off on two of those predictions. Still you've even heard this talk from the broadcast booth about how much better this team is than last years team. I feel that record is a little inflated due to the schedule the team has had. If the Braves are still flirting with .500 after July I'll be very impressed.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thewupk For This Useful Post:

Garmel (06-25-2017), WaitingFor2017 (06-25-2017)