Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: MONDAY MINORS THREAD 6/26 ... GCL FINALLY opens!

Called Up to the Major Leagues ixiXSolidXixi's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts
    kevinfmh24Con Dios y my santos pronto estaré de regreso hacer lo que tanto amo y deseo jugar que es mi juego llamado béisbol

Kevin Maitan instagram
    With god and my saints soon will be back to do what i love most and wish to play my game name Baseball.

I am sorry for the translation.
    I guess he is hurt or something. I may go today to the game. To check if i can go in and watch a few innings.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BV0tyugFNkc/

There is the link just in case.

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    766 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    From 75 wins to WS just by moving Freeman to 3b. Impressive pozzying!!
    Yea...that is tough

Acuna would be what, 20? With basically only one season in the minors. He could come up like Swanson and struggle bc he has never seen a quality slider or change up. What do you think he'd hit at 20 (lots of control given up too but maybe u can extend success he only got 100k)? 250/300/450?

If we are talking crazy and ff can play 3b at minus 10 or better....I'm still trading Adams. Kemp to 1b in the off season. Dustin Peterson to lf if his power comes back. Markakis keeps Acuna seat warm until all star break.

Maybe that team could flirt with the wildcard if the other non bats team totally tank and we get extra bs wins. But that's asking a lot. If you say Swanson, folty, Newcombe and Tehran play up to their true talent then you have to think flowers goes down. Albies might not hit as well as Phillips.

It's a tough sell

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ2dollas View Post
    Yea...that is tough

Acuna would be what, 20? With basically only one season in the minors. He could come up like Swanson and struggle bc he has never seen a quality slider or change up. What do you think he'd hit at 20 (lots of control given up too but maybe u can extend success he only got 100k)? 250/300/450?

If we are talking crazy and ff can play 3b at minus 10 or better....I'm still trading Adams. Kemp to 1b in the off season. Dustin Peterson to lf if his power comes back. Markakis keeps Acuna seat warm until all star break.

Maybe that team could flirt with the wildcard if the other non bats team totally tank and we get extra bs wins. But that's asking a lot. If you say Swanson, folty, Newcombe and Tehran play up to their true talent then you have to think flowers goes down. Albies might not hit as well as Phillips.

It's a tough sell
    My statement was not about 2018 but more of a near future possibility. That is why I excluded Kemp/Flowers in my core lineup. If Freeman takes well to 3B then you have to strongly consider extending Adams. This is not the first time that he has produced when given a good chunk of AB's albeit at not this absurd level. When you start looking at 2019 and beyond when Albies/Acuna/Allard/Newcomb/Soroka/Folty all have more experience that is the makings of a hell of a core. Depending on how fast Albies/Acuna develop you might even be talking about playoffs next season.

The core is there - I'm not sure how anyone can deny that at this point. Freeman could end up being the perfect stop gap guy until Maitan is ready. Then you shift him back to first base. It's much easier to get a masher at first than third. If you look at guys like Bour/Morrison/Adams/Smoak/Moreland/etc... the league is littered with players that can be plugged in and expected to produce. Looking at a potential lineup of:

Albies
    Swanson
    Freeman
    LF Slugger
    Adams/first base slugger
    Acuna
    Inciarte
    Catcher

That has massive potential to be a top 5-10 offense in the majors and not just the NL. We are real close and dangerously close to contention if Freeman could actually play third.
    Natural Immunity Croc

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,151 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    My statement was not about 2018 but more of a near future possibility. That is why I excluded Kemp/Flowers in my core lineup. If Freeman takes well to 3B then you have to strongly consider extending Adams. This is not the first time that he has produced when given a good chunk of AB's albeit at not this absurd level. When you start looking at 2019 and beyond when Albies/Acuna/Allard/Newcomb/Soroka/Folty all have more experience that is the makings of a hell of a core. Depending on how fast Albies/Acuna develop you might even be talking about playoffs next season.

The core is there - I'm not sure how anyone can deny that at this point. Freeman could end up being the perfect stop gap guy until Maitan is ready. Then you shift him back to first base. It's much easier to get a masher at first than third. If you look at guys like Bour/Morrison/Adams/Smoak/Moreland/etc... the league is littered with players that can be plugged in and expected to produce. Looking at a potential lineup of:

Albies
    Swanson
    Freeman
    LF Slugger
    Adams/first base slugger
    Acuna
    Inciarte
    Catcher

That has massive potential to be a top 5-10 offense in the majors and not just the NL. We are real close and dangerously close to contention if Freeman could actually play third.
    He can't.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,701 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Southcack77 View Post
    He can't.
    Can't jed lowrie play 3b? Wonder what it would take to acquire him. He has 1 more year on contract

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Can't jed lowrie play 3b? Wonder what it would take to acquire him. He has 1 more year on contract
    this is the one healthy season he'll ever have.
    srod will be back this season and around for next year.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,044 Posts
    This is why I'm annoyed that the Braves even mentioned the idea of Freeman at 3B.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to smootness For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (06-27-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts
    Is not more easy give another try to Adams at the left field and platoon him with someone else and get a third base.

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,362 Posts
    In the bigger picture it really doesn't matter. Let the team have fun with this. No one is asking FF to do something he doesn't want to do. Who cares if it fails in a big fiery crash.. This season is about chemistry building and assessing future pieces to the team. If you want to put Adams at 2B and Kemp at 1B so you can put D-Pete in LF.. I don't care.. Just have fun and enjoy the ride. sometimes it is about seeing the largest ball of twine on your way to Walley World..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,896 Posts
    Hebert hitting a cool .500 on the month.

Also gunned Rutherford and picked a guy off first.
    Ivermectin Man

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    766 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    Hebert hitting a cool .500 on the month.

Also gunned Rutherford and picked a guy off first.
    If Herbert hits a little he's a major league player. Seems to be a big time catcher. There seems to be some potential in the bat. Catchers are funny and go slow sometimes and he had the major injury.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,730 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ixiXSolidXixi View Post
    Is not more easy give another try to Adams at the left field and platoon him with someone else and get a third base.

bring Kemp in as a defensive replacement.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    If Herbert hits a little he's a major league player. Seems to be a big time catcher. There seems to be some potential in the bat. Catchers are funny and go slow sometimes and he had the major injury.
    Carson Kelly was a poor hitter for years but was strong defensively and always had some potential. He's hit really well this year and is plenty young. Catchers are very weird with offensive development sometimes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Herbert is showing a little bit of pop in his bat, which for me is the thing to look at this early in his development offensively. Some decent power and advanced catching skills. That's not a bad tool set to work with.

Where's My Cup of Coffee?
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    221 Posts
    pretty good night on the farm.

TD having a rough go of it though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts
    So i am here at the world wide sports and i am not a 100% sure if they will let me comes in to watch the game. I will let you know in a few!!

GCL Braves game.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ixiXSolidXixi For This Useful Post:

CJ9 (06-27-2017), Super (06-27-2017)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post

Albies
    Swanson
    Freeman
    LF Slugger
    Adams/first base slugger
    Acuna
    Inciarte
    Catcher

Yes, we all know the potential lineup. Listing it for the 54th time doesn't make it any better.

The Artist Formally Known as

Ventura's Stolen Bases

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    213 Posts
    He was also promoted after like 0 at bats due to the injury.