Thread: GDT 9/23/13: Brewers (Estrada) @ Braves (Minor) 7:10 PM

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Why do some people feel the need to explain this game as "us mailing it in" or us not caring? Last year and this year proved to me this team doesn't give up. Sometimes you just have a bad game. When we were down 10-0 to the Nationals last year and came back to win I have never been proven wrong so badly. Plenty of games this year we've been proven wrong.

Team had a bad day at the office. Just because we got shutout does not indicate we mailed it in. Sometimes you have to tip your cap. When Freddy had two good starts against Mia and Wsh im sure the other teams were saying the same thing. How are we getting held down by a washed up 8 era pitcher? Its baseball.
    Forever Fredi

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,003 Posts
    I don't think I would classify it that way at all. Team just celebrated a division championship and had a tough night at home. The bothersome things extend beyond just this game tonight. We've struggled a lot this year at producing runs with runners on base and less than two out and relied a ton on the long ball. Thanks to some fantastic pitching, we've been able to get away with it more often than not, but we've got to produce more consistently in those situations starting next week.

As long as we could do that, I could care less about a loss to the Brewers in late September.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,003 Posts
    And the night wasn't a complete downer. The Nats officially got eliminated.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bravesnumberone For This Useful Post:

Dalyn (09-24-2013)

Approaching Buddy Hernandez Territory
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesnumberone View Post
    And the night wasn't a complete downer. The Nats officially got eliminated.
    At the expense of losing to the Cards and having St. Louis get a game closer to us. I would have preferred Washington to win, because they weren't going anywhere anyway.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to tvsportscaster For This Useful Post:

Braves1976 (09-24-2013)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,003 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tvsportscaster View Post
    At the expense of losing to the Cards and having St. Louis get a game closer to us. I would have preferred Washington to win, because they weren't going anywhere anyway.
    Sorry, I'll remain happy as hell the Nats are done. If we can't hold onto homefield with all home games against the Brewers and Phillies, then that's our problem.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    Happy Nats elimination day everyone. I hear ESPN is flying their flags at half mast and are in a state of mourning.

Spring Training Invitee
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    They're not done yet! Bud Selig and the boys at ESPN still have 6 days to figure out some loophole to get them in...maybe grade tampering or illegal "pay for play"???? Maybe add 2 additional wild card teams before Sunday "for the betterment of the MLB fanbase"!

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,941 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tvsportscaster View Post
    True, but by the same token we shouldn't go out and put in a half-hearted attempt against the Brewers.

Glad the Nats are out of the running. There's just something about that team (maybe it's the hard core fan base) that rubs me the wrong way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    For me its the media slobbering all over them that rubbed me the wrong way. They had one good year where virtually everything that could go right did. The braves have been competitve for nearly 25 years straight and its a forgone conclusion to the media that the one year wonders would win the division. There is nothing bad the nats have faced this year the braves haven't. Theres no luck involved with this.

I love that the nats fans think if anyone I ther than Davey Johnson was their manager they would have won the division. I bet they make the same excuse next year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    For me its the media slobbering all over them that rubbed me the wrong way. They had one good year where virtually everything that could go right did. The braves have been competitve for nearly 25 years straight and its a forgone conclusion to the media that the one year wonders would win the division. There is nothing bad the nats have faced this year the braves haven't. Theres no luck involved with this.

I love that the nats fans think if anyone I ther than Davey Johnson was their manager they would have won the division. I bet they make the same excuse next year.