Page 87 of 93 FirstFirst ... 37778586878889 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,740 of 1858

Thread: Affordable Care Act

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpx7 View Post
    I guess I'm just hoping the fallout is that this "forces" the other end of the bridge to be built from ACA to single-payer.
    I don't like the idea of single payer, but I've come to realize that we'll never go back to less government in healthcare than we have now.

So bring it on. I don't want it, but ACA is so awful that I'm ready to try it (and I believe that was always the intent of ACA). ACA coverage has already wiped out my savings so what do I have left to lose?
    Last edited by Jaw; 10-13-2017 at 11:23 PM.

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,830 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    "my leg up"

Get the **** out of here. I grew up eating saltiness and Campbell's soup for dinner. Graduated college with over 120k in debt.

Sorry I didn't feel sorry for myself and beg the government for help
    Yes, please continue to hide behind that sanctimonious badge of "I've never asked for help, I've never need help, and so nobody else deserves help"—as if even those first two predicating clauses are true.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    Ezra Klein‏Verified account @ezraklein 6h6 hours ago
    More
    Trump's new policy will increase premiums by 20%, cost the government $194 billion, increase the deficit, destabilize insurance markets, and increase the number of uninsured Americans. There is nothing it makes better; it's pure policy nihilism.
    If we have learned one incontrovertible fact about ACA, it is that budgetary "projections" have no basis in reality.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,780 Posts
    Yes, please continue to hide behind that sanctimonious badge of "I've never asked for help, I've never need help, and so nobody else deserves help"—as if even those first two predicating clauses are true.
    I simply don't understand why the left likes to demonize people who work hard as "sanctimonious"

57 is allowed to accuse me of having a leg up on no evidence at all.

He's worried about premiums all the sudden... where was he when ACA was implemented? When I told him my premiums were increasing, he says it's because I don't understand and don't know how to navigate healthcare.

Now all the sudden I have a leg up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,780 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    I don't like the idea of single payer, but I've come to realize that we'll never go back to less government in healthcare than we have now.

So bring it on. I don't want it, but ACA is so awful that I'm ready to try it (and I believe that was always the intent of ACA). ACA coverage has already wiped out my savings so what do I have left to lose?
    ACA was so bad... and the only answer the left will bring to the table is to double down.

Was the plan all along. The sheep were once again emotionally manipulated

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,830 Posts
    I simply don't understand why the left likes to demonize people who work hard as "sanctimonious"

57 is allowed to accuse me of having a leg up on no evidence at all.

He's worried about premiums all the sudden... where was he when ACA was implemented? When I told him my premiums were increasing, he says it's because I don't understand and don't know how to navigate healthcare.

I'm not "demonizing" you. And I'm not criticizing you because you "work hard"—I'm criticizing you because you want to use that as an excuse to not help others. I applaud your hard work, and your success despite starting with a "leg down"; but I don't think you should hold that against fellow citizens who haven't realized the successes you have, despite whatever odds you faced.

As for the specifics of the ACA ... I don't know what to tell you. You know full well I've been a critic of that law since it was implemented—even if we disagree on what the answer to those failings is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,780 Posts
    I'm not "demonizing" you. And I'm not criticizing you because you "work hard"—I'm criticizing you because you want to use that as an excuse to not help others. I applaud your hard work, and your success despite starting with a "leg down"; but I don't think you should hold that against fellow citizens who haven't realized the successes you have, despite whatever odds you faced.

As for the specifics of the ACA ... I don't know what to tell you. You know full well I've been a critic of that law since it was implemented—even if we disagree on what the answer to those failings is.
    Why do you default that I don't support "helping others"

If ACA is a disaster, and I support eliminating the disaster, that is by definition a desire to help others.

The left wanting to double down on failed policy is exactly the opposite.

We have different definitions of helping people. I'd prefer to help others help themselves, while you and 57 insist on the state baby sitting cradle to crave, no matter the cost in liberty to others.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

thethe (10-14-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,830 Posts

We have different definitions of helping people. I'd prefer to help others help themselves, while you and 57 insist on the state baby sitting cradle to crave, no matter the cost in liberty to others.
    I do not believe that single-payer is "doubling-down" on the "failed policy" of the ACA. It is fundamentally different policy.

Moreover, I do not believe that single-payer is "baby-sitting" nor a great "cost [to] the liberty of others".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Obamacare not failing enough for Trump's narrative, so he's trying to kick the legs out from under it.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,780 Posts
    Can someone tell me their issues with the EO specifically?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,780 Posts
    Pages 12-16 (and beyond) show 57 having zero. Concerns about rising heal premiums. In fact, he blamed the people themselves for not understanding the law.

And now, raising rates are the end of the world to him..

Weird, I know

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Why do you default that I don't support "helping others"

If ACA is a disaster, and I support eliminating the disaster, that is by definition a desire to help others.

If someone were on fire and your solution was to wrap them in chains and throw them in the ocean, you would indeed be "helping" them with the disaster of being on fire.

I'm not sure how the status quo ante helps others help themselves. You'd make quality health coverage less accessible to more people. For all that you've expressed status quo ante as your preference, you've never really addressed why it's better, unless you're solely leaning on "more liberty." Is that the sum of it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,780 Posts
    Depending what you mean by status quo, I don't support that. I'd like to completely remove government from health care and have a true free market health system. I'd like a pay as you go health system and to have insurance markets for catastrophic events only.

But if my choice is single payer vs walking back ACA... then yeah count me in on the status quo side.

Nobody has been willing to tell me why prices keep going up despite more government efforts to bring them down.I'd be curious to your thoughts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    people who work hard

Most people work hard
    You aren't unique, except your taking every opportunity to pat yourself on the back for doing what people do . Let me fix that, what adults do.
    Adulting is hard

playing the victim has become your MO.
    no matter the topic
    Not a good look
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Depending what you mean by status quo, I don't support that. I'd like to completely remove government from health care and have a true free market health system. I'd like a pay as you go health system and to have insurance markets for catastrophic events only.

But if my choice is single payer vs walking back ACA... then yeah count me in on the status quo side.

Nobody has been willing to tell me why prices keep going up despite more government efforts to bring them down.I'd be curious to your thoughts
    you can not remove government from health care. This country would collapse economically --- if not go into full blown revolution.
    Like most other things, everyone is a Libertarian until their house is 10' under water.
    Let's all hope you never have to learn the hard way why government is involved in health care.

Read a story this morning by a woman who's 5 year old will lose care for type 1 diabetes this coming January due to the policy you favor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,780 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    Most people work hard
    You aren't unique, except your taking every opportunity to pat yourself on the back for doing what people do . Let me fix that, what adults do.
    Adulting is hard

playing the victim has become your MO.
    no matter the topic
    Not a good look
    You accused me of only being successful because of my "leg up"

And I say **** you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,780 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    you can not remove government from health care. This country would collapse economically --- if not go into full blown revolution.
    Like most other things, everyone is a Libertarian until their house is 10' under water.
    Let's all hope you never have to learn the hard way why government is involved in health care.

Read a story this morning by a woman who's 5 year old will lose care for type 1 diabetes this coming January due to the policy you favor
    I need you to tell me WHY costs keep going up despite more investment, more subsidies, and more gov't control.

I'll patiently await your answer that will never come.

But please link me to another emotion story... funny you weren't concerned about people losing their HC when ACA came... go back and read this very thread on how you reacted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,729 Posts
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to cajunrevenge For This Useful Post:

sturg33 (10-14-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    You accused me of only being successful because of my "leg up"

And I say **** you
    You had the same "leg up" I had, Julio had, gold had and it would cover just about everyone that posts here.
    If you go back and read, the rest of the comment expressed my surprise you don't see that.

Again, your sense of victim hood (entitlement ?? ) is lame
    Last edited by 57Brave; 10-14-2017 at 04:17 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    I need you to tell me WHY costs keep going up despite more investment, more subsidies, and more gov't control.

I'll patiently await your answer that will never come.

But please link me to another emotion story... funny you weren't concerned about people losing their HC when ACA came... go back and read this very thread on how you reacted.
    I would first say the states not having to enroll in Medicaid (?) expansion was a factor and would add insurance companies taking advantage where I feel certain they made promises that weren't kept. Plus insurance goes up. Car insurance, house insurance, the insurance on my instruments ... everything. Another discussion fo another day

I later wrote I hope you never are one of those "emotion stories". That **** is real. This is not a 3 AM dorm room discussion or an abstraction of the perils of "government" this is a law that saved peoples lives

People that never had access to affordable HC were able to have affordable HC so naturally the insurance rolls increased. Last number I heard was 20M. So have no idea what your are talking about people losing HC.

As before I will tell you, if your 79% number was a real issue, rampant, you and your friends would have been on Fox every night or testifying before congress the multitudes of times it came up for repeal.

CBO estimated 20-30M will go without. For no reason
    Alexander / Murray ?

I don't think you ever put that 79% number in context. What were your premiums before ACA and what October of 2013 when you first floated that number.

and what did you have to give up by paying those higher premiums? Like did you miss meals or couldn't afford cloths any longer ?
    Just asking
    Last edited by 57Brave; 10-14-2017 at 04:28 PM.