Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Braves Catching Future (PART ONE)

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    376 Posts
    Looking at possible depth charts for next year, you could have Ajax and Cumberland more than likely slated for AA. That seems redundant to me. You got Herbert in High A and Lugbauer if they keep him at catcher as well. Then of course you have Conteras and Abe Guti at Rome.
    Much like we saw Ventura as expendable with the CF depth I can see Cumberland being expendable as well.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chico View Post
    Looking at possible depth charts for next year, you could have Ajax and Cumberland more than likely slated for AA. That seems redundant to me. You got Herbert in High A and Lugbauer if they keep him at catcher as well. Then of course you have Conteras and Abe Guti at Rome.
    Much like we saw Ventura as expendable with the CF depth I can see Cumberland being expendable as well.
    Not really sure I see us trading any Catchers until someone begins to separate themselves from the group. Every one in our system has enough legitimate questions about them - to this point - that it's tough to say our "Catcher Of The Future" is actually in our system at this point. That could well change by the end of the season, but I think it's pretty hard to point to one and say "that's our guy" today.

We can always use more 1Bs, and some of these kids are athletic enough that a conversion to LF might not be out of the question for them - plus the DH will be coming to the NL in the not-so-distant future as well.
    Last edited by clvclv; 08-06-2017 at 11:16 AM.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?