Page 11 of 583 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111511 ... LastLast

Thread: Russia Collusion Scandal (aka A Leftist fantasy)

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    I maintain that the Dems can't really "win" again until they let go of the Russia thing, or at least actually come up with some meaningful plans, platforms, etc., to stand on that actually mean something to most Americans and put the Russia thing on the back burner. If the "smoking guns" come out then fine, but right now that and their being in denial about the real reasons they lost in 2016 are holding them back from ever really winning again and for the life of me I can't figure out why the Repubs ridicule and otherwise make fun of them for their stance. I mean, the Repubs don't have to do anything (right now) to win again in 2018 as long as the Dems keep it up with this strategy. If the Repubs were smart they would at least pretend to cower in fear and beg the Dems to stop talking about Russia before you find something that will destroy us, yada, yada, yada so they would keep doing it (reverse psychology I guess).

Remember how when Dems wanted to impeach W because Iraq was a lie? What would they have gotten if they had successfully done so? That's right, President Cheney without the "acting" part in front of his name? Good idea? You tell me. What happens if they successfully impeach Trump? You know as well as I do that when politicians start talking about impeachment it makes a sympathetic martyr figure out of their intended victim. Look at how Bill's numbers kept going up every time the Repubs of the 1990s even used the word "impeach". Do you really want President Pence? Right now IMO the religious right is making major league hypocritical Scribes and Pharisee level aholes of themselves by not only going along with Trump, but actively supporting him, even though I suspect more than a few do so while holding their noses. Imagine how they could get behind a really religious sounding guy like Pence with (whatever passes for with them these days) a semi clear conscience in 2020. A damaged Trump would be way easier for them to beat than a uber religious martyr taking the place of a supposed quasi religious martyr in 2020.

Answer me this, do the Dems really even know what they want to accomplish? Have they thought any of this crap through? Was 2016 just a hiccup of cluelessness that they will recover from in 2018 and 2020 or are they returning to the Shangri-La of cluelessness they lived in during the 1980s?
    ^^^^^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    " actually come up with some meaningful plans, platforms, etc., to stand on that actually mean something "

like fighting for health care or something ?
    Last I checked in the minority in both Houses of Congress (D) and without the White House have stalled all (R) plans to strip ACA.
    I would call that meaningful.

Please see Sen Sanders endorsement for MD Governor race from yesterday where he clearly spells out (D) goals

Started watching True Detective this week and as Det Rustin Cohle so aptly put, "just because you don't see it doesn't mean it is not there"
    Last edited by 57Brave; 07-13-2017 at 11:08 AM.
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,757 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    " actually come up with some meaningful plans, platforms, etc., to stand on that actually mean something "

like fighting for health care or something ?
    Last I checked in the minority in both Houses of Congress (D) and without the White House have stalled all (R) plans to strip ACA.
    I would call that meaningful.

Please see Sen Sanders endorsement for MD Governor race from yesterday where he clearly spells out (D) goals

Started watching True Detective this week and as Det Rustin Cohle so aptly put, "just because you don't see it doesn't mean it is not there"
    Do you guys remember when you lambasted republican congress for voting against everything Obama was doing?

Now you're cheering the exact same process?

Can you remember that the next time we're reversed?

And can we ever get past this 2-party "team" mentality?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Not a fair assessment. The only thing (R) has proposed of consequence since January is TrumpCare

I am cheering for Susan Collins and Dan Heller

No, I can't remember the next time

No we have been operating on 2-party "team" mentality since the beginning of this noble experiment. It is kind of woven into the fabric of who we are.
    Hamilton represented his interests and Jefferson his

You can look it up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,757 Posts
    At least you admit you're a sheep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Does that mean in your eyes today my credibility is sagging ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts

Ari Berman‏Verified account @AriBerman

Ari Berman Retweeted Cory Booker

Booker introducing "Anti-Voter Suppression Act" to repeal Trump exec order creating 'election integrity' commission

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,757 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    Does that mean in your eyes today my credibility is sagging ?
    still waiting for you to answer the question I asked you 5 different times.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Russia is not a threat to our liberty. Our own government is a threat to our liberty, by passing things like the Patriot Act and NDAA.

But y'all don't care about that.

Y'all don't care about drone strikes killing 90% innocent people.

Y'all care about Russia!

Talk about brainwashed. The NYT and CNN are doing a very good job
    Progressivism is a threat to our liberty. Continue to grow a central government and control how people think.

Russia will never impact my day to day life.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Progressivism is a threat to our liberty. Continue to grow a central government and control how people think.

Unless they help get a progressive candidate elected, I guess.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

CK86 (07-13-2017), jpx7 (07-13-2017), Runnin (07-13-2017), zitothebrave (07-13-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Matthew Yglesias‏Verified account @mattyglesias 6m6 minutes ago

It's weird that Jr. and the White House lied repeatedly about this innocent meeting and now Republicans all trust him about what went down.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to 57Brave For This Useful Post:

CK86 (07-13-2017)

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts

"For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to goldfly For This Useful Post:

CK86 (07-13-2017), Runnin (07-13-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post

And can we ever get past this 2-party "team" mentality?
    Sen. Susan Collins‏Verified account @SenatorCollins

Still deep cuts to Medicaid in Senate bill. Will vote no on MTP. Ready to work w/ GOP & Dem colleagues to fix flaws in ACA

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Fredi View Post
    You were/still a birther.
    I never claimed to be a birther

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    I never claimed to be a birther
    How do you rate the probabilities of:

1) Barack Obama having been born in Kenya and facilitating a cover-up to hide it.

AND

2) Donald Trump's campaign coordinating with Russians during the election.

I LOVE IT!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (07-13-2017)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    CNN Report: Millions Of American Voters May Have Colluded To Elect Trump

U.S.—A new, exclusive CNN investigative report revealed Thursday that millions of American voters may have potentially colluded with the Trump campaign to elect Donald Trump as President of the United States.

While Russia has been accused of interfering in the election, the breaking report indicates that the collusion may have extended to a significant portion of the U.S. population—“as many as 60 million citizens, and possibly even more.”

“The conspiracy goes much deeper than anyone expected,” Jake Tapper said on his news segment The Politics Lead. “We’re talking tens of millions of people involved in this secret plot to make sure Hillary didn’t make it into the White House and to prop up Donald Trump as the winner.”

The CNN report does not accuse anyone of hacking or rigging the vote, but rather suggests that those colluding with the real estate mogul in the far-reaching scheme may have simply walked into voting booths and cast their vote for Donald Trump, giving him the electoral college victory.

“It’s far more sinister than we thought,” a visibly disturbed Tapper said.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to BedellBrave For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (07-13-2017)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts

Cool

:-)

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Former Democratic National Committee chair Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz introduced amendments that would seek to strip Donald Trump son-in-law Jared Kushner of his security clearance.
    The former DNC chair and Florida Democrat ran the organization when it got hacked in an intrusion that the intelligence community concluded was orchestrated by the Kremlin. The disclosures that ensued proved embarrassing to Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton, and ultimately led to Wasserman Schultz stepping down from her post.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,757 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    Former Democratic National Committee chair Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz introduced amendments that would seek to strip Donald Trump son-in-law Jared Kushner of his security clearance.
    The former DNC chair and Florida Democrat ran the organization when it got hacked in an intrusion that the intelligence community concluded was orchestrated by the Kremlin. The disclosures that ensued proved embarrassing to Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton, and ultimately led to Wasserman Schultz stepping down from her post.
    Never forget... the reason DJT won is what was exposed of the crook HRC... not any rigging.

That's the unfortunate truth that the left refuses to acknowledge

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,829 Posts
    I don't believe that liberal/progressives believe in freedom. Or maybe we just define freedom differently.
    Lol.

I disagree with sturg, but he at least has a (mostly) coherent platform. You, however, seem to be just a reactionary—but I'd love to read your "definitions".
    Last edited by jpx7; 07-13-2017 at 08:38 PM.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."