Page 173 of 583 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173174175183223273 ... LastLast
Results 3,441 to 3,460 of 11642

Thread: Russia Collusion Scandal (aka A Leftist fantasy)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    also treason ... emoluments clause ...

At some point one begins to lose track.
    QFT

That's right. And don't forget the sexual assault claims. He bragged about it.

I think losing track is something he's counting on.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,025 Posts
    Lol looks like I was right about Nunes and the lackeys using the Papa D was drunk defense. Nunes said there's no evidence Papa ever even met Trump.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesnumberone View Post
    Lol looks like I was right about Nunes and the lackeys using the Papa D was drunk defense. Nunes said there's no evidence Papa ever even met Trump.
    A denial about something that doesn't matter.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts
    Apparently there's a second dossier on Trump that was compiled by activist Cody Shearer and given to the FBI in October of 2016. It is apparently still being investigated today.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    I don't understand, because I don't see anything obfuscatory (or even potentially obfuscatory) in Jr.'s comments at all. He's almost painfully direct.

Anyways, it sounds a little bit like you are preparing yourself for disappointment.

A competent investigation is going to bear out any wrongdoing - and I've been assured that the wrongdoing is abundantly evident, "obvious", and glaring.
    "things going on at the highest levels of government", "this would be going on today", etc.

I won't listen to it again. Too painful. The Trump family IQ and vocabulary certainly works in their favor. They aren't articulate enough to get away from their pernicious spiel.

You're right that I don't think much action against Trump will come of the investigation, but I could be wrong. Today's govt officials don't have the will/inclination to make the hard call and then deal with the unpleasantness that would follow. But I believe Trump is guilty of so many office disqualifying offenses it's makes one dizzy to think about. And yes, it is obvious, just like their daily BS.

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    I'd think if Don the Younger was so eager to see things concluded he'd have answered the committee's questions about his conversation with his pops re the Trump Tower meeting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Trump now calling Dem lawmakers treasonous for not standing and applauding him at the SOTU. He must be feeling the walls closing in on him. I wonder why that word is bouncing around in his head.

We shouldn't forget that in the speech he asked Congress to give him and his Cabinet the power to fire (purge) his political enemies.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesnumberone View Post
    Either these guys aren't very smart or they think there're no ramifications for outright lying. Or both

“As far as we can tell, Papadopoulos never even had met with the president,” Nunes said.

Last edited by Runnin; 02-06-2018 at 12:27 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Runnin For This Useful Post:

CK86 (02-06-2018)

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,762 Posts
    THere's also a good possibility Trump doesn't know anyone in that room and it was strictly a photo-op to make it look like he had a handle on foreign policy experience. Likely he also didn't have any clue what was being said in the room and just sat there shaking his head, similar to the immigration sit-down where he agreed with everything and then contradicted himself again then agreed again.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Fredi View Post
    THere's also a good possibility Trump doesn't know anyone in that room and it was strictly a photo-op to make it look like he had a handle on foreign policy experience. Likely he also didn't have any clue what was being said in the room and just sat there shaking his head, similar to the immigration sit-down where he agreed with everything and then contradicted himself again then agreed again.
    That's probably close to the truth. It gives him plausible deniability for any position or unpleasant fact. He can claim to know more or less about anything and who the hell knows?

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,025 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    Either these guys aren't very smart or they think there're no ramifications for outright lying. Or both

“As far as we can tell, Papadopoulos never even had met with the president,” Nunes said.

Helped write one of if not his first big foreign policy campaign speeches. Met with Reince during the inauguration. It's either a lie or stunning ignorance on Trump's part.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Fredi View Post
    I have recently learned the value of wearing a scowl silently when in a meeting I am unprepared for. It works very well.
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,421 Posts
    Michael Gerson
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Gerson

The cowardice among Republicans is staggering

With the blessing of Republican leaders, the lickspittle wing of the GOP is now firmly in charge. The existence of reckless partisans such as Nunes is hardly surprising. The nearly uniform cowardice among elected Republicans is staggering. One is left wishing that Obamacare covered spine transplants. The Republican-led Congress is now an adjunct of the White House. The White House is now an adjunct of Trump’s chaotic will...

The way Ryan is headed, history offers two possible verdicts: Either he enabled an autocrat, or he was intimidated by a fool.
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,421 Posts
    Jennifer Rubin
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jennif...n_(journalist)

Trump’s lapdogs now accept the labeling of opponents as ‘treasonous’

Some Republicans will ignore the remarks; others will scream at the media for covering them. Others will rationalize it. As of this writing, there has been little pushback from the GOP. Republicans’ refusal to call out the most base language, the language of dictators, confirms their capitulation — political and moral — to Trump. (These are the same people who insist Republicans cannot be tarred with a broad brush in 2018 because they don’t share Trump’s racist, xenophobic and anti-democratic views.)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Remember all those times you complained about Pelosi not standing up to Obama?

Yeah, me neither.
    Go get him!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,421 Posts
    Are you comparing Paul Ryan's spine to Nancy Pelosi's?
    Would love to know when Pelosi folded like a cheap suit for Obama.
    History tells a different story

One does not lead a diversified caucus for 20 ish years being a malleable tool

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    The entire country saw what happened to Stupak when he tried to stand up to Obama, including Pelosi. The Reid/Pelosi/Obama triumvirate was in lock step for the entirety of their reign. There was never again a Democrat equivalent to the GOP's trouble makers like Susan Collins or John McCain.

"Diversified caucus"? Maybe in skin color, and I guess that's the shallow definition of "diverse" that you use, but there are few enough of them showing any diversity of thought.
    Go get him!

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    The entire country saw what happened to Stupak when he tried to stand up to Obama, including Pelosi. The Reid/Pelosi/Obama triumvirate was in lock step for the entirety of their reign. There was never again a Democrat equivalent to the GOP's trouble makers like Susan Collins or John McCain.

"Diversified caucus"? Maybe in skin color, and I guess that's the shallow definition of "diverse" that you use, but there are few enough of them showing any diversity of thought.
    I think this may be mistaken on a number of levels, but to focus on one aspect: that "reign" was two years long. Once they lost the majority, they weren't in the legislative driver's seat, so their troublemakers (Joe Lieberman, Ben Nelson during the ACA debate) weren't in the position that, say, Collins or McCain are in now of being key votes for getting/losing a majority or supermajority on a bill. Let's be real here . . . none of those GOP "troublemakers" peeled off then when they were the minority party fighting legislation that was specifically designed to give them ideological cover.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

Jaw (02-07-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,421 Posts
    Nor did Pelosi aid and abet the Obama Administration allude investigation of as serious a matter as facing the Trump Administration.

Which is the point you attempt to cloud.
    Remind me the history of recent (R) Speakers. To make it easy let's use Gingrich going forward.

Back to the Trump / Ryan Era

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,421 Posts
    The FBI is investigating whether a top Russian banker with ties to the Kremlin illegally funneled money to the National Rifle Association to help Donald Trump win the presidency, two sources familiar with the matter have told McClatchy.

Read more here: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/nati...#storylink=cpy

It is illegal to use foreign money to influence federal elections.