Page 2 of 583 FirstFirst 12341252102502 ... LastLast

Thread: Russia Collusion Scandal (aka A Leftist fantasy)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Michael Cohen‏ @speechboy71 2m2 minutes ago

I'm struggling to come up with a reaction to these emails. It's so mind-bogglingly stupid it just beggars the imagination

4 replies 1 retweet 18 likes
    Michael Cohen‏ @speechboy71 1m1 minute ago

How can people be this dumb? Better question: how the hell did 62 million people vote for them?

I mean, this is treason, right? How else can this be described?

And if Trump knew - and I have to assume he did - then he committed treason also. JFC we are so far down the rabbit hole right now.

Last edited by 57Brave; 07-11-2017 at 11:49 AM.
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    who cares about treason when you are making the best deals to make america great again by propping up your family name and giving tax cuts to rich people by taking insurance away from people that need it while playing golf every weekend?
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

3. The Following User Says Thank You to goldfly For This Useful Post:

Runnin (07-11-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    June 16th, 2015: Donald Trump announces his candidacy for President of the United States.

Circa Summer 2015: The US government alleges that Russian hackers first gain access to DNC computer networks.

Circa August 2015: Trump staff arranges first meeting between Trump and General Flynn, according to Flynn’s account in an August 2016 interview with The Washington Post. “I got a phone call from his team. They asked if he would be willing meet with Mr. Trump and I did. … In late summer 2015.”

August 8th, 2015: Roger Stone leaves formal role in Trump campaign. Whether he quits or was fired is disputed. Stone will continue as a key, albeit informal advisor, for the remainder of the campaign.

December 10th, 2015: Michael Flynn attends conference and banquet in Moscow to celebrate the 10th anniversary of RT (formerly Russia today). Flynn is seated next to Russian President Vladimir Putin at the concluding banquet.

March 19th, 2016: Hackers successfully hack into Clinton campaign Chairman John Podesta’s email.

March 21st, 2016: In a meeting with The Washington Post editorial board, Trump provides a list of five foreign policy advisors. The list includes Carter Page but not Michael Flynn. The list is Walid Phares, Carter Page, George Papadopoulos, Joe Schmitz, and ret. Lt. Gen. Keith Kellogg.

March 28th, 2016: Trump campaign hires Paul Manafort to oversee delegate operations for campaign. Manafort becomes the dominant figure running the campaign by late April and takes over as campaign manager on June 21st with the firing of campaign manager Corey Lewandowski.

February-April 2016: Flynn advisory relationship with Trump appears to have solidified over the Spring of 2016. In late January Flynn is mentioned as an advisor who has “regular interactions” with Trump. There are similar mentions in February and March. Yet as late as mid-March, Flynn appeared to downplay his ties to Trump. By May Flynn is routinely listed as an advisor and by late May is even being mooted as a possible vice presidential pick.

April 2016: DNC network administrators first notice suspicious activity on Committee computer networks in late April, 2016, according to The Washington Post. The DNC retains the services of network security firm Crowdstrike which expels hackers from the DNC computer network. Crowdstrike tells The Washington Post it believes hackers had been operating inside the DNC networks since the Summer of 2015.

April 19th, 2016: “DCLeaks.com” url/address registered.

May 3rd, 2016: Donald J. Trump becomes becomes presumptive nominee after Ted Cruz and John Kasich withdraw from race.

May 26th, 2016: Donald J. Trump officially secure majority of GOP delegates, officially clinching the nomination of the Republican party.

June 8th, 2016: First tweet posted to “DCLeaks” Twitter account.

June 9th, 2016: Donald Trump, Jr., Jared Kushner and Paul Manafort meet with Natalia Veselnitskaya. Trump agreed to take the meeting after being told by Trump associate Rob Goldstone that Veselnitskaya had damaging information about Hillary Clinton which came from a Russian government operation to help his father Donald J. Trump.

June 12th, 2016: Julian Assange first announces that Wikileaks has Clinton emails which are soon to be released. “Wikileaks has a very big year ahead … We have emails related to Hillary Clinton which are pending publication.”

June 14, 2016: Washington Post publishes first account of hacking of the DNC computer networks, allegedly by hackers working on behalf of the Russian government.

June 15th, 2016: “Guccifer 2.0”, later identified by US government officials and other private sector analysts as a fictive persona created by Russian intelligence operatives, contacts The Smoking Gun to take credit for hacking the DNC.

June 27th, 2016: First hacked DNC emails posted to “DCLeaks” website.

July 11th-12th, 2016: Trump campaign officials intervene to remove language calling for providing Ukraine with lethal aid against Russian intervention is Crimea and eastern Ukraine. It is, reportedly, the only significant Trump campaign intervention in the platform in which the Trump campaign has allowed activists a free hand.

July 12th, 2016: Official publication date, The Field of Fight by Michael Flynn and Michael Ledeen.

July 22, 2016: Wikileaks releases first tranche of DNC emails dating from January 2015 to May 2016.

July 27th, 2016: Donald Trump asks Russia to hack Clinton’s email to find 33,000 alleged lost emails: “Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you can find the 33,000 emails that are missing. I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press.”

August 1st, 2016: Trump campaign chair Paul Manafort denies Trump campaign changed GOP platform on Russia and Ukraine.

August 8th, 2016: Trump Advisor Roger Stone tells Southwest Broward Republican Organization “I actually have communicated with Assange. I believe the next tranche of his documents pertain to the Clinton Foundation but there’s no telling what the October surprise may be.”

August 14th, 2016: The New York Times publishes story detailing handwritten ledgers showing “$12.7 million in undisclosed cash payments designated for Mr. Manafort from Mr. Yanukovych’s pro-Russian political party from 2007 to 2012, according to Ukraine’s newly formed National Anti-Corruption Bureau.”

August 17th, 2016: Nominee Donald Trump receives his first intelligence briefing with Gen. Michael Flynn and Gov. Chris Christie in attendance.

August 19, 2016: Paul Manafort resigns from Trump campaign.

August 21, 2016: Trump advisor Roger Stone tweets: “Trust me, it will soon [sic] the Podesta’s time in the barrel.”

September 26th, 2016: Trump Russia-Europe Policy Advisor Carter Page steps down from campaign while disputing allegations that he engaged in private communications with Russian government officials. A Yahoo News article from three days earlier reported that US intelligence officials were probing whether he met privately with Russian officials in Moscow in July, including an alleged meeting with close Putin ally Igor Sechin, Chairman of Russian oil company Rosneft.

September 26th, 2016: At first presidential debate, Donald Trump casts doubt on Russian role in hacking campaign: “It could be Russia, but it could also be China. It could also be lots of other people. It also could be somebody sitting on their bed that weighs 400 pounds.”

October 7, 2016: A “Joint Statement from the Department of Homeland Security and Office of the Director of National Intelligence” officially accuses the Russian government of being behind hacking of the DNC “to interfere with the US election process.”

October 7, 2016: Wikileaks releases first batch of Podesta emails – one hour after release of Access Hollywood Trump tape.

October 12th, 2016: Stone says he has been in contact with Assange through an intermediary.

October 30th, 2016: In response to FBI Director James Comey’s letter to Congress about new developments in the Clinton email server probe, Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid writes a public letter to Comey in which he claims: “In my communications with you and other top officials in the national security community, it has become clear that you possess explosive information about close ties and coordination between Donald Trump, his top advisors, and the Russian government.”

December 9th, 2016: Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) hand delivers a selection of memos (aka ‘the Steele dossier’) to FBI Director James Comey.

December 29th, 2016: President Barack Obama outlines a wave a sanctions and expulsions of Russian diplomat in response to Russian efforts to interfere in the 2016 election.

December 29th, 2016: Russian presidential spokesman Dmitry Peskov vows retaliation for sanctions.

December 29th, 2016: Incoming National Security Michael Flynn has multiple phone conversations with Russian Sergey Kislyak. It is later reported that the calls covered US sanctions and suggestions that Obama’s punitive actions could be undone in a matter of weeks. Trump administration officials had repeatedly denied that the conversations involved more than pleasantries and logistics about future meetings.

December 29th-30th, 2016: Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov announces preliminary plans to expel American diplomats.

December 30th, 2016: Russian President Vladimir Putin says he will not retaliate against sanctions and expulsions but await presidency of Donald Trump.

January 19th, 2017: The New York Times reports that the FBI is leading an interagency task force probing ties between Russia and three close Trump associates: Paul Manafort, Carter Page and Roger Stone.

January 26th, 2017: Acting Attorney General Sally Yates and a senior intelligence official visit to White House Counsel Donald McGahn to deliver the message that National Security Advisor Flynn has deceived the Vice President about the subject matter of his calls and may be subject to Russian blackmail.

February 13th, 2017: Michael Flynn resigns as National Security Advisor.
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to goldfly For This Useful Post:

57Brave (07-11-2017), CK86 (07-12-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to goldfly For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (07-11-2017), nsacpi (07-11-2017), Runnin (07-11-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to goldfly For This Useful Post:

Julio3000 (07-11-2017), Runnin (07-11-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Brian Stelter‏Verified account @brianstelter 3h3 hours ago
    Replying to @brianstelter @DonaldJTrumpJr

Confirmed from an NYT source: "We were preparing to publish" story -- Don Jr. camp "asked for more time" to comment "and then pre-empted us"

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 57Brave For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (07-11-2017), Runnin (07-11-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    the backstory on Ms Veselniskaya and the Trumps

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...ump-s-business
    Last edited by nsacpi; 07-11-2017 at 03:04 PM.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,830 Posts
    Though I've often, over the past half-year or so, been critical of the Democrat's (and news media's) over-focus on This Russia Issue, and likewise felt it was a kind of canard to distract from more important issues (the epic party-wide failure of both vision and organization, on the one side; actual deleterious policy—hell, the spectre of the AHCA still hangs over us—on the other side), I will say that it's finally at the point now that I'll give it one (out of five) bags of popcorn.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Do I understand you right that you were troubled (in the John McCain/Ben Sasse sense) by possible appearances of conflict of interest at Clinton Foundation promoted by Wikileaks fed by Russian propagandists yet find mounting evidence ( a years worth) of Russian involvement in our election at all levels,federal,state and local ------
    a distraction ?

The Democrats have a vision.
    An environmental vision
    An economic vision
    An education vision
    A universal health care vision
    etc etc etc

What they don't have is voters capable of keeping their collective eye on the ball

Had people not bought into Wiki whirlwind a year ago, we would not be fighting to have an EPA stocked with scientists or worrying about the National Park system becoming an arm of Mobile-Exxon but fighting to keep HRC from getting impeached over Benghazi

Which would be worlds better than the mess we are in today

15. The Following User Says Thank You to 57Brave For This Useful Post:

VirginiaBrave (07-11-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,830 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    Do I understand you right that you were troubled (in the John McCain/Ben Sasse sense) by possible appearances of conflict of interest at Clinton Foundation promoted by Wikileaks fed by Russian propagandists yet find mounting evidence ( a years worth) of Russian involvement in our election at all levels,federal,state and local ------
    a distraction ?
    I wasn't especially "troubled" by the Clinton Foundation (I was much more discouraged by her long history of neoliberal corporatist policies, heavy reliance on corporate funding, and general corporate ties), but I also didn't dismiss it as a total non-issue, as you did. I am genuinely more troubled by almost everything Trump has done or says he plans to; but I think derailing other, more substantial organizational energies onto This Russia Issue is, by and large, a wasteful fool's errand, when weighed against things like the AHCA, the Muslim-targeting "not a ban" ban, or the criminally under-discussed posture with respect to federally-administered land conservation (not to mention against the fact that, even in the I'm With Her wet dreams, the best case immediate upshot is Mike Pence as POTUS).

The Democrats have a vision.
    An environmental vision
    An economic vision
    An education vision
    A universal health care vision
    etc etc etc

What they don't have is voters capable of keeping their collective eye on the ball
    Lol. "Democrats cannot fail; they can only be failed."

Reflective of the party norms, one of their golden boys (Senator Booker) still supports charter schools, and just had to be shamed into suspending big pharma donations to his campaign. I wouldn't call that "an education vision", and I would moreover call their "universal health care vision" very suspect—and looking more suspect, considering they can't even get their noses out of the corporate coffers long enough to pass single-payer in California, holding both the governor's mansion and a legislative super-majority (though, counter-balancing that, I'm encouraged by Senator Merkley coming out strong for single-payer nationally).

Had people not bought into Wiki whirlwind a year ago, we would not be fighting to have an EPA stocked with scientists or worrying about the National Park system becoming an arm of Mobile-Exxon but fighting to keep HRC from getting impeached over Benghazi

Which would be worlds better than the mess we are in today
    Sure, the Clinton campaign didn't contribute to its own demise. It's just Assange & the Bernie Bros we have to blame for Mrs Clinton's epic failure to beat Andrew Dice Clay in a Suit and Orange Wig in a national election.
    Last edited by jpx7; 07-11-2017 at 04:04 PM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to jpx7 For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (07-12-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Slate article on timeline of denials.

June 3, 2016: Trump Jr. receives an email offering “information that would incriminate Hillary” as “part of Russia and its government’s support for Mr. Trump.”

June 8: Trump Jr. forwards the email thread to Kushner and Manafort.

June 9: Date of the meeting. Trump Jr. now says the information offered was not of interest and that the meeting focused on the lawyer’s desire to change adoption-related sanctions against Russia.

June 15: The Democratic National Committee’s Trump opposition research file is released online. The software firm CrowdStrike releases an analysis indicating that the DNC had been hacked by “Russian intelligence-related adversaries.”

July 22: On the eve of the Democratic National Convention, WikiLeaks releases hacked DNC emails.

July 24: Trump Jr. tells CNN’s Jake Tapper that the Clinton campaign’s suggestion that Russia was trying to intervene in the election on behalf of Trump is “disgusting” and “phony.”

It just goes to show you their exact moral compass. They’ll say anything to be able to win this. I mean this is time and time again, lie after lie. … It’s disgusting. It’s so phony. … These lies and the perpetuating of that kind of nonsense to try to gain some political capital is just outrageous.

The ignorance, the incompetence, the naivety.
    Last edited by Runnin; 07-11-2017 at 08:38 PM.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    So Donald colluded, and than it was Jared and now it's Donald jr. Whose next? Baron?

The only person really on the take from Russia is hillary

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    Slate article on timeline of denials.

June 3, 2016: Trump Jr. receives an email offering “information that would incriminate Hillary” as “part of Russia and its government’s support for Mr. Trump.”

June 8: Trump Jr. forwards the email thread to Kushner and Manafort.

June 9: Date of the meeting. Trump Jr. now says the information offered was not of interest and that the meeting focused on the lawyer’s desire to change adoption-related sanctions against Russia.

June 15: The Democratic National Committee’s Trump opposition research file is released online. The software firm CrowdStrike releases an analysis indicating that the DNC had been hacked by “Russian intelligence-related adversaries.”

July 22: On the eve of the Democratic National Convention, WikiLeaks releases hacked DNC emails.

July 24: Trump Jr. tells CNN’s Jake Tapper that the Clinton campaign’s suggestion that Russia was trying to intervene in the election on behalf of Trump is “disgusting” and “phony.”

It just goes to show you their exact moral compass. They’ll say anything to be able to win this. I mean this is time and time again, lie after lie. … It’s disgusting. It’s so phony. … These lies and the perpetuating of that kind of nonsense to try to gain some political capital is just outrageous.

The ignorance, the incompetence, the naivety.
    Clinton supporters want to talk about Morals?

I'd gladly take a guy who wants to win over a serial woman abuser and his wife who covers that stuff up.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Lol. You guys are thirsty as ****.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    "A Conspiracy of Dunces" by Ross Douthat

Here is a good rule of thumb for dealing with Donald Trump: Everyone who gives him the benefit of the doubt eventually regrets it.

This was true of clients and contractors and creditors throughout his business career. It was true of the sycophants and opportunists before whom he dangled cabinet appointments during the campaign and then, oh, never mind. It has been true of his cabinet members and spokesmen, whose attempts to defend and explain their boss’s conduct are gleefully undercut by the boss himself. And it should be true — for the sake of their souls, I sincerely hope it’s true — of the Republican leaders whose reputations for probity and principle he has stomped all over since winning their party’s nomination.

And now it’s true of me.

The benefit of the doubt I extended to Trump was limited, but on a rather important subject: I thought that direct collusion between his inner circle and Russian officialdom during the 2016 campaign was relatively unlikely and the odds of ever finding proof of such a conspiracy vanishingly low. A lot of weirdness around Trump and Russia, I argued, had a more normal explanation — he had made business deals with Russians, he still harbors a 1980s-era vision of superpower cooperation, and as a foreign-policy neophyte he clutched the idea of détente like a security blanket even as the Russians separately made moves to help him win.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    As Sarah Vowell taught us 10 years ago, everything in American life can be found / described by the Godfather.

How did Fredo react to his capabilities being marginalized and passed over by his younger brother ?

Is Jr the flip we all knew was coming ?

Fredo Corleone: I'm your older brother, Mike (Ivanka/Jared) , and I was stepped over!
    Michael Corleone: That's the way Pop wanted it.
    Fredo Corleone: It ain't the way I wanted it! I can handle things! I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
    One important difference: There is no Michael in the Trump family.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Lol. You guys are thirsty as ****.
    And you, so hypercriticial of every foreign police move Obama made, now only indifferent to the bumbler in chief.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    One important difference: There is no Michael in the Trump family.
    Maybe Barron is taking charge this very moment.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Runnin For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (07-11-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,830 Posts
    "A Conspiracy of Dunces" by Ross Douthat

Here is a good rule of thumb for dealing with Donald Trump: Everyone who gives him the benefit of the doubt eventually regrets it.

This was true of clients and contractors and creditors throughout his business career. It was true of the sycophants and opportunists before whom he dangled cabinet appointments during the campaign and then, oh, never mind. It has been true of his cabinet members and spokesmen, whose attempts to defend and explain their boss’s conduct are gleefully undercut by the boss himself. And it should be true — for the sake of their souls, I sincerely hope it’s true — of the Republican leaders whose reputations for probity and principle he has stomped all over since winning their party’s nomination.

And now it’s true of me.

The benefit of the doubt I extended to Trump was limited, but on a rather important subject: I thought that direct collusion between his inner circle and Russian officialdom during the 2016 campaign was relatively unlikely and the odds of ever finding proof of such a conspiracy vanishingly low. A lot of weirdness around Trump and Russia, I argued, had a more normal explanation — he had made business deals with Russians, he still harbors a 1980s-era vision of superpower cooperation, and as a foreign-policy neophyte he clutched the idea of détente like a security blanket even as the Russians separately made moves to help him win.
    Lol.

Good title for the piece, though.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    And you, so hypercriticial of every foreign police move Obama made, now only indifferent to the bumbler in chief.
    Sorry for being able to keep it in my pants over an innocuous email between Donald Trump Jr. and this guy:

Your desperation reeks.

I'm not of the belief that there's nothing to the Russian angle, but when you guys continually trot out the same recycled conspiratorial, toothless bitter fluff it gets old.

This (the email) is a nothing burger and you know it. Or at least I hope you do.