Page 206 of 583 FirstFirst ... 106156196204205206207208216256306 ... LastLast
Results 4,101 to 4,120 of 11642

Thread: Russia Collusion Scandal (aka A Leftist fantasy)

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    The House Intelligence Committee.
    Remind me again of its partisan composition?

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    Remind me again of its partisan composition?
    Nothing I've read indicates that it was forced out today, against Schiff's will.

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,023 Posts
    End of the memo:

Finally, Peter Strzok and Lisa Page's text messages are irrelevant to the FISA application. The Majority gratuitously includes reference to Strzok and Page at the end of their memorandum, in an effort to imply that political bias infected the FBl's investigation and FISA applications. In fact, neither Strzok nor Page served as affiants on the applications, which were the product of extensive and senior DOJ and FBI review. In demonizing both career professionals, the Majority accuses them of "orchestrating leaks to the media" a serious charge; omits inconvenient text messages, in which they critiqued a wide range of other officials and candidates from both parties; does not disclose that FBI Deputy Director McCabe testified to the Committee that he had no idea what Page and Strzok were referring to in their "insurance policy" texts; and ignores Strzok's acknowledged role in preparing a public declaration, by then Director Comey, about former Secretary Clinton's "extreme carelessness" in handling classified information, which greatly damaged Clinton's public reputation in the days just prior to the presidential election.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesnumberone View Post
    If you want to talk about in the bag, here's a nice little quote from you:

"We were promised a categorical disassembly of the Republican memo. This literally does nothing of the sort, not even if you squint." Since you are apparently the king of objectivity, perhaps you can explain, in detail, how you come up with that assertion.

I assume you mean a political 180. I've thought Trump was full of **** from day one. Did not think he would be this terrible and did not pay enough attention to his background. Never cared for Hillary and there were a couple of Republicans I would have supported over her. I also don't think she murders people, and I don't believe she was in cahoots with the FBI to derail Trump (which is far more bat**** than my and others' belief that the ultimate goal with the memo was to tarnish the FBI and Justice Department so badly that it would get rid of Rosenstein — either by prompting his resignation or outright firing him — and in effect, Mueller. I still believe our two-party system is broken. I cannot support the Republican Party any longer and am skeptical of the Democratic Party in general. I regret bashing people for taking a lesser-of-two-evils approach in 2016. My vote was pretty much useless.
    How does that quote illustrate, in any way, that I'm in the bag?

I'm not out here spitting in the wind about Rosenstein being fired and Miss America 2013.

As for what you say about the election and the evolution of your politics, I suspect you aren't the only one who feels the process sold them short. I said 360 because I feel like you've been all over the board in terms of who/what you support. Where you are at now seems like a product of Trump distaste more than anything else. Which is understandable, but also disheartening.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Nothing I've read indicates that it was forced out today, against Schiff's will.
    What's wrong with Sat.? Under cover of latest indictments and in time for Sunday shows.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/24/u...atic-memo.html

NYTimes' Five Takeaways:

1. The F.B.I. used only a small part of the information provided by Mr. Steele.
    2. The surveillance court knew that Mr. Steele’s clients had a political motive.
    3. The Yahoo News article was not used to corroborate Mr. Steele.
    4. Republican-appointed judges approved the surveillance of Mr. Page.
    5. The wiretap of Mr. Page generated useful intelligence.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    What's wrong with Sat.? Under cover of latest indictments and in time for Sunday shows.
    Not much time to book, for starters. Everybody who's anybody gets out of DC/NYC on the weekends unless they have pre-scheduled obligations.

If it was a big story you would have seen it teed up. The weekend news cycle is sleepy.

Also, gun control is going to be the hot topic tomorrow, not the indictments.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,023 Posts
    How does that quote illustrate, in any way, that I'm in the bag?

I'm not out here spitting in the wind about Rosenstein being fired and Miss America 2013.

As for what you say about the election and the evolution of your politics, I suspect you aren't the only one who feels the process sold them short. I said 360 because I feel like you've been all over the board in terms of who/what you support. Where you are at now seems like a product of Trump distaste more than anything else. Which is understandable, but also disheartening.
    Because you can find plenty of places where the Nunes memo is rebuffed, where inconsistencies, inaccuracies and misrepresentations are pointed out. It spells out what some of us already thought: that the Nunes memo was just political ****ery to rile up a base and discredit the entire Russian investigation.

I became increasingly disenchanted with the Republican Party since the election of Obama and especially since his second term. No doubt its conduct during the Trump presidency has made it much worse.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,023 Posts
    @matthewamiller

The end result of this entire Nunes escapade is Steele looks more credible, the Trump campaign looks more culpable, and the FBI looks more responsible. Well done, Devin

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Not much time to book, for starters. Everybody who's anybody gets out of DC/NYC on the weekends unless they have pre-scheduled obligations.

If it was a big story you would have seen it teed up. The weekend news cycle is sleepy.

Also, gun control is going to be the hot topic tomorrow, not the indictments.
    That's about right. It was redundant anyway, as the self-disqualifying Nunes memo quickly revealed itself to be partisan garbage.
    Last edited by Runnin; 02-25-2018 at 02:22 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,023 Posts

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    That's about right. It was redundant as the self-disqualifying Nunes memo quickly revealed itself to be partisan garbage.
    And this is not partisan garbage, too? Honestly, did you even read it?

That because the FISC warrants were processed by judges appointed by Republican Presidents (although this is inaccurate, because FISC judges are appointed by the Chief Justice) they are more legit?

That the fact the warrants were renewed means the intelligence collected was good? Hah?

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesnumberone View Post
    Because you can find plenty of places where the Nunes memo is rebuffed, where inconsistencies, inaccuracies and misrepresentations are pointed out. It spells out what some of us already thought: that the Nunes memo was just political ****ery to rile up a base and discredit the entire Russian investigation.

I became increasingly disenchanted with the Republican Party since the election of Obama and especially since his second term. No doubt its conduct during the Trump presidency has made it much worse.
    It (the Nunes memo) raised important questions about the FISC process and the legitimacy of the dossier. The Schiff document then kind of ironically tries to downplay the importance of the dossier (which flies in the face of the conspiratorialists) in the FISC process and doesn't actually disspel the FISC questions. Rebuff is the fair characterization. But a categorical disassembly it is simply not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    And this is not partisan garbage, too? Honestly, did you even read it?

That because the FISC warrants were processed by judges appointed by Republican Presidents (although this is inaccurate, because FISC judges are appointed by the Chief Justice) they are more legit?

That the fact the warrants were renewed means the intelligence collected was good? Hah?
    Yes, all but the footnotes. I think it being in essence a rebuttal to a partisan attack makes it forgivingly partisan.
    Last edited by Runnin; 02-25-2018 at 02:35 AM.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    As long as we can agree that both documents were pieces of partisan propaganda I'm over here thumbs up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    will you remind us why this wasn't a joint document in the first place
    as has been tradition

take your time

a partisan document --- you make me laugh
    Last edited by 57Brave; 02-25-2018 at 04:53 AM.
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Did the fbi neglect to tell the court the DNC and HRC campaigned paid for dossier?

Yes they did.

Did they tell the court that the yahoo article was sourced by Steele himself?

No they didn't.

Did the court make their decision on a collection of evidence that included said Dossier?

Yes they did.

All this memo did was corroborate everything the critics of this whole FISC process have been screaming about. Anyone who thinks this memo helps the Democrat's is insane.

And finally, I'll ask this question again. All this talk about Carter page....where are his charges? If the intelligence was so compelling how come he is walking free? Why did it take until septemeber, after the inclusion of the dossiser, to get a warrant?

Second finally, unless I missed it the dem memo did not refute McCabes testimony. That's mind of a big deal isn't it since he basically stated that there was no way they were getting a warrant without the Dossier?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    What's even more confusing is how McCabe's testimony is used as a fn reference and yet no mention of the claim from Republican members of the house intelligence committee that he said the dossier was key to obtaining the warrant. Quite the omission if it was a blatantly false statement as was said when the Republican memo was released.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Ryan Knight #BoycottNRA‏ @ProudResister

Donald Trump: “Russia is a hoax.”

Mueller Probe:
    — 75 Charges Filed

— 13 Russians Charged

— 4 Trump Advisers Charged

— 3 Trump Advisers Pled Guilty

— 3 Trump Advisers Cooperating

— 1 Fake President Under Investigation

#TrumpRussiaConspiracy
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Election interference and collusion are two different things. Maybe you are unaware of this fact as your echo chamber doesn't want their sheep to know that.

Trump is under investigation?