Page 223 of 583 FirstFirst ... 123173213221222223224225233273323 ... LastLast
Results 4,441 to 4,460 of 11642

Thread: Russia Collusion Scandal (aka A Leftist fantasy)

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    I'm not sure what lengths as we have no face or corroboration of the counter narrative.

Maybe wait this one out till it's real real?
    "Nader’s account is considered key evidence — but not the only evidence — about what transpired in Seychelles, according to people familiar with the matter."

Sounds like there is some corroboration for the witness's story. It appears that it's Prince who is telling the fairytale.

Your skepticism about the import of it is quite reasonable, but your insistence on courtroom evidentiary standards for this--while you're otherwise pushing infowars stuff--is kinda funny.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,536 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    "Nader’s account is considered key evidence — but not the only evidence — about what transpired in Seychelles, according to people familiar with the matter."

Sounds like there is some corroboration for the witness's story. It appears that it's Prince who is telling the fairytale.

Your skepticism about the import of it is quite reasonable, but your insistence on courtroom evidentiary standards for this--while you're otherwise pushing infowars stuff--is kinda funny.
    The Seychelles back channel has been reported way before Nader's name surfaced. What Nader can provide is corroboration and additional details.

A back channel could be innocuous.

But there are reasons to believe it might not have been:

1) Erik Prince Superstar lying about what happened

2) Mueller's subpoena and subsequent questioning of Nader

3) The parties involved. The UAE has a lot of money. Many members of Trump's team appear to have had an interest in self-dealing and self-enrichment. So there is a financial angle that could explain 1 and 2 above

4) There is also the angle concerning the need for secretive communications with the Russians. There is an innocuous cover story (working together with respect to Syria and Iran). Maybe that is all. But given Prince's lies and all else we know about the Russians and the Trump campaign it might be nefarious rather than innocuous.

More than ever, there is a compelling public interest in having Mueller complete his work in a thorough and professional manner.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts

You are inferring that from context when in reality that statement is neutral and could corroboration for either side of the story.

I'm pushing the side of REAL evidence. It is clear who is in hypothetical land.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    The Seychelles back channel has been reported way before Nader's name surfaced. What Nader can provide is corroboration and additional details.

A back channel could be innocuous.

But there are reasons to believe it might not have been:

1) Erik Prince Superstar lying about what happened

2) Mueller's subpoena and subsequent questioning of Nader

3) The parties involved. The UAE has a lot of money. Many members of Trump's team appear to have had an interest in self-dealing and self-enrichment. So there is a financial angle that could explain 1 and 2 above

4) There is also the angle concerning the need for secretive communications with the Russians. There is an innocuous cover story (working together with respect to Syria and Iran). Maybe that is all. But given Prince's lies and all else we know about the Russians and the Trump campaign it might be nefarious rather than innocuous.

More than ever, there is a compelling public interest in having Mueller complete his work in a thorough and professional manner.
    More than ever because an incoming president was acting like a real president? This is absurd. An initial communication with a foreign power is a standard diplomatic move of an incoming president. I can't believe this is the next piece of 'big' news.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,536 Posts
    On another matter, looks like Elliot Broidy was hoping to get some help from Rachel Brand to make the 1MDB scandal investigation go away for his Malaysian friends.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,536 Posts
    More than ever because an incoming president was acting like a real president? This is absurd. An initial communication with a foreign power is a standard diplomatic move of an incoming president. I can't believe this is the next piece of 'big' news.
    Not absurd at all. There is a chance it was all prim and proper. But I think not likely. We will find out in due course.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Standard diplomatic moves are done in a standard diplomat way and do not raise red flags.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    Standard diplomatic moves are done in a standard diplomat way and do not raise red flags.
    I'm sure the left and media (one in the same) would have accepted that at the time.
    Natural Immunity Croc

9. The Following User Says Thank You to thethe For This Useful Post:

Jaw (03-08-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    I'm still not sure why they needed a backchannel to communicate with the Kremlin, particularly just a week or so before Trump assumed office. What could be so sensitive that it couldn't be done through official channels, and couldn't wait until the transition was over? It's very much like Kushner's meeting the the VEB guy and his request to use the Russian embassy for a secure channel to the Kremlin. The idea that it was about cooperation against ISIS just doesn't sound credible in that context.

It's worth asking some questions about George Nader, too. When he was interviewed by the FBI, he was presented with a subpoena for testimony and warrants for his electronics. What's the implication of a warrant in this case?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    I'm sure the reaction from the media would have been perfectly tame had communications with the Kremlin been announced. Business needed to get done to clean up the middle east that was reaching a boiling point. And based on where we are now those discussions were highly successful.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    You are inferring that from context when in reality that statement is neutral and could corroboration for either side of the story.

I'm pushing the side of REAL evidence. It is clear who is in hypothetical land.
    Could you explain to me how is it neutral?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    I'm sure the left and media (one in the same) would have accepted that at the time.
    Yes, Trump is a disaster and it's all the liberal media's fault.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Could you explain to me how is it neutral?
    You're the one who claimed it wasn't. Where is your explanation?
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    Yes, Trump is a disaster and it's all the liberal media's fault.
    Such a disaster.

Booming economy with real job growth
    Stabilization of the middle east
    Denuclearization discussion with north Korea
    Locking up criminal illegals

Man...what a disaster. I know, rachel maddow talks about how bad he is everyday. Results say otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Lol
    I picture Runnin like the guy who made those Britney Spears videos. LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    You're the one who claimed it wasn't. Where is your explanation?

Well, per the article, investigators have witness testimony and corroborating evidence that the meeting was prearranged. You have Prince saying the meeting was happenstance. Both stories can't be true, can they?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Well, per the article, investigators have witness testimony and corroborating evidence that the meeting was prearranged. You have Prince saying the meeting was happenstance. Both stories can't be true, can they?
    They just said the witness has testimony about what transpired. That could go in either direction. You inferring it's corroboration that prince lied is an inference.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    They just said the witness has testimony about what transpired. That could go in either direction. You inferring it's corroboration that prince lied is an inference.
    At this point I'm wondering if you bothered to read the article.

So "A witness cooperating with Mueller has told investigators the meeting was set up in advance" and "according to people familiar with the Seychelles meeting, [Prince] presented himself as an unofficial envoy for Trump" are neutral statements that do not contradict "Prince told lawmakers — and the news media — that his Seychelles meeting with Kirill Dmitriev, the head of a Russian government-controlled wealth fund, was an unplanned, unimportant encounter that came about by chance".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    So as I mentioned to nsacpi, you're hanging your hat onto an unamed witness? Where have we seen this before. And if this unamed witness turns out to be bogus the story goes away but the impact of the story remains in that it further riles up the base for midterms and special elections.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,536 Posts
    its possible that Mueller has questioned Nader multiple times so he can corroborate Erik Prince Superstar's account of an innocuous meeting with a Russian at a bar in the Seychelles....possible

"I am your retribution."