Page 3 of 583 FirstFirst 123451353103503 ... LastLast

Thread: Russia Collusion Scandal (aka A Leftist fantasy)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Humpty Dumpty wanted a wall

Humpty Dumpty had a great fall

All Putin's horses and all Putin's men

Couldn't put Humpty together again
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,830 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    This (the email) is a nothing burger and you know it. Or at least I hope you do.
    Can we not?
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jpx7 For This Useful Post:

Julio3000 (07-12-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    This (the email) is a nothing burger and you know it. Or at least I hope you do.
    Nothing burger might end up being Reince's epitaph.

"I am your retribution."

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpx7 View Post
    Can we not?
    Sorry.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    I wonder how much time liberals spend googling russian conspiracy stuff hoping to find the next juicy nugget.

57 posted in another thread that the only reason we have a Trump presidency is because Putin wanted it... I asked what exactly happened to cause the Trump victory, but have yet to hear a reason

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Sorry for being able to keep it in my pants over an innocuous email between Donald Trump Jr. and this guy:

Your desperation reeks.

I'm not of the belief that there's nothing to the Russian angle, but when you guys continually trot out the same recycled conspiratorial, toothless bitter fluff it gets old.

Desperate? For what? I'm just enjoying the reality show.

While I don't think much is gonna happen to him, for the record I think he's probably the most corrupt and guilty President we've ever had and his win is absolutely illegitimate. At this moment, that is the ONLY thing he cares about, protecting the win. If politics were still as rough and tumble as he claimed he longed for on the campaign trail, he and his whole crew would be deep in the soup, if not history months ago.

I can only imagine how the Fox News crowd would be reacting were it a Democrat.
    Last edited by Runnin; 07-12-2017 at 12:22 AM.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Runnin For This Useful Post:

VirginiaBrave (07-12-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Stephen Colbert Apologizes to Eric Trump: “We Always Thought You Were the Dumb One”

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    at the very very least

this email and meeting shows by his own admission they were down to collusion with the Russians

but like all the rest of the smoke, yeah, i'm sure it's nothing and just all a made up story like all the other russian interactions that this administration has lied about and they are getting lawyers over
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

11. The Following User Says Thank You to goldfly For This Useful Post:

CK86 (07-12-2017)

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    this email and meeting shows by his own admission they were down to collusion with the Russians
    Huge reach.

But you know that, because you aren't simple.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post

While I don't think much is gonna happen to him, for the record I think he's probably the most corrupt and guilty President we've ever had and his win is absolutely illegitimate. At this moment, that is the ONLY thing he cares about, protecting the win. If politics were still as rough and tumble as he claimed he longed for on the campaign trail, he and his whole crew would be deep in the soup, if not history months ago.

Desperate to substantiate a year's worth of conspiracy theories?

This is the Joe Arpaio going to Hawaii stage of the fantasy.

I agree with you about the Fox News crowd, but you are behaving just as bad as they are with the tit for tat mentality.
    Last edited by Hawk; 07-12-2017 at 02:32 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts

We saw that reaction with Hillary with much more conclusive evidence that she was corrupt.the interesting question is would the dems care if this was a Democrat and we saw that by not really caring about HRC and the DNC.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Desperate to substantiate a year's worth of conspiracy theories?

This is the Joe Arpaio going to Hawaii stage of the fantasy.

I agree with you about the Fox News crowd, but you are behaving just as bad as they are with the tit for tat mentality.
    There are always theories when there is this much smoke coming out of every window, but the speculation is over and the verdict is in:
    the Trump campaign and now administration is far more corrupt and incompetent than anyone could have ever imagined.

Are you saying that collusion has still not been shown or that collusion is not a problem? To me it's clear that Jr. was perfectly
    okay with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    We saw that reaction with Hillary with much more conclusive evidence that she was corrupt.the interesting question is would the dems care if this was a Democrat and we saw that by not really caring about HRC and the DNC.
    Are you talking about all those times she was sued for being a crook and a fraud?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    I wonder how much time liberals spend googling russian conspiracy stuff hoping to find the next juicy nugget.

57 posted in another thread that the only reason we have a Trump presidency is because Putin wanted it... I asked what exactly happened to cause the Trump victory, but have yet to hear a reason
    As I suspect you very well know...the real issues are 1) the targeting of our democratic process by a foreign country and 2) the willingness indeed the eagerness of the Trump campaign to accept assistance from that country. The interference need not be effective for 1 to be a major issue and for 2 to be a yuge political scandal.

In addition, the investigation into the above has encountered serious and possibly illegal political obstruction and may yield evidence of tangentially-related but nevertheless serious crimes by people close to the presidency including its current occupant.

Avert your eyes if you wish with red herrings, but these matters are not going away.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 07-12-2017 at 06:46 AM.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Had Trump taken Obama's advise and not hired Michael Flynn

Just sayin'
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Are you talking about all those times she was sued for being a crook and a fraud?

Not sure there are a lot of people lining up to talk about what a good person trump is. I find it amusing though that Dems willfully turned a blind eye to the Clinton issues (both bill and hillary) are now warriors to stop trump.

Everyone will turn a blind eye to the people they support. Just call it like it is.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Not sure there are a lot of people lining up to talk about what a good person trump is. I find it amusing though that Dems willfully turned a blind eye to the Clinton issues (both bill and hillary) are now warriors to stop trump.

Everyone will turn a blind eye to the people they support. Just call it like it is.
    Your over-generalizations are troubling. It's dumb to lump all Dems in together. "Everyone" did NOT turn a blind eye to Hillary. The fact is that a lot of people, including every Dem on this board that I'm aware of, were uncomfortable with Hillary because of the choices she had made over the years, etc. A lot of independents were too; that's a big reason she lost.

Hillary and her husband both had to face legal scrutiny and the charges were found wanting. Bill was impeached and found innocent. That fact greatly diminishes your charge that there was clear evidence that she was corrupt.

We shall see how well Pumpkinead holds up under close examination and all our pre-speculation will be for naught.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    I wonder which one of these is less likely:

1) Jr. did not tell daddy about the meeting with the nice Russian girl.

2) Manafort agreed to go to a meeting about adoptions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts

Looking back over the last weeks’ worth of news from Trump-friendly sources can be fun. There’s Sunday’s New York Post extravagantly rolling their eyes beneath the headline “The Times ‘exposé’ on Donald Trump Jr. is a big yawn.” And Wednesday’s Post taking a much drier approach on “Why Trump Jr released damning Russia emails.”

It’s not even necessary to walk the timeline back all the way to Sunday. On Tuesday morning, Washington Post conservative writer Ed Rogers went with “The media’s mass hysteria over ‘collusion’ is out of control.” He stuck with that title in a substantially revised noon update. And a 2 PM update. Only … by the time he got there, the disconnect between title, the opening paragraphs on said “media hysteria” and the rest of the piece was pretty severe.

After seeing today’s email exchange dump from Trump Jr., it is easy to see that the meeting should have never happened. Period.

I double down on the idea that this meeting was a rookie, amateur mistake. Even the lackey should not have taken this meeting. It was bad judgment, but not collaboration with the Russians.

The “rookie mistake” excuse is exactly the reason that the lawyer for the guy in the room with decades of hardcore political experience had to rush forward yesterday to say that his client didn’t actually read the invite to the meeting he was attending. Donald Trump Jr. has moved from he attended no meetings with Russians, to the meeting was just about adoption, to it was just opposition research, and landed on “it was before Russia-mania.”

But the story that everyone involved is settling on now is founded on one idea—the idea that the meeting didn’t lead to anything—and there’s no reason to think that’s any more true than every other abandoned position.

The Washington Post gives a quick run through ...

Trump Jr. has changed his story four times since then, most recently in Tuesday's tweet, which was a response to the Times's having obtained emails that show he agreed to meet the Russian lawyer after being offered “some official documents and information that would incriminate Hillary and her dealings with Russia and would be very useful to your father.”

While everything else about Trump Jr’s description of the meeting changes from one iteration to the next, the ending remains pretty similar—it was a short meeting, it didn’t produce meaningful information, and “there was no follow up.”

However, everything else that Donald Trump Jr. has said about the meeting has turned out to be a lie. So … why should any of that be true?

The other point that Trump Jr, along with the cast of lawyers, brings up every time is that the meeting was brief—20 to 30 minutes. That certainly doesn’t seem like enough time to relay a stack of juicy Clinton gossip. And the brevity is presented as equivalent to “not important.”

However, even the shorter of those two times is plenty of time to relay a simple message: This is a big deal, we have the goods, and you need to handle this more carefully.

It seems unlikely that attorney Natalia Veselnitskaya paid another visit to Trump Tower (though if she did, we’ll likely know very soon). But Veselnitskaya had plenty of opportunity to pass along details on how more information would be forthcoming. And she had the man in the room—Paul Manafort—with years of experience in taking secret information from Moscow.

And the other guy in the room, Jared Kushner, would be the guy who desperately sought a new communication channel with Moscow after the election.

As the Washington Post reiterates …

The progression of Trump Jr.'s position can be summarized like this:

I never represented the campaign in a meeting with a Russian.
    Actually, I did, but the meeting was about adoption.
    Well, the pretext of the meeting was incriminating information about Clinton, but we didn't actually get any.
    This kind of meeting is totally normal.
    The meeting didn't seem like such a bad idea at the time because the media wasn't focused on Russia yet.

The one tiny nail on which Trump Jr is hanging what’s left of his story—and the only thing that’s protecting Kushner and Manafort—is the idea that this meeting was trivial and didn’t lead to anything else.

Don’t believe it
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    As I suspect you very well know...the real issues are 1) the targeting of our democratic process by a foreign country and 2) the willingness indeed the eagerness of the Trump campaign to accept assistance from that country. The interference need not be effective for 1 to be a major issue and for 2 to be a yuge political scandal.

In addition, the investigation into the above has encountered serious and possibly illegal political obstruction and may yield evidence of tangentially-related but nevertheless serious crimes by people close to the presidency including its current occupant.

Avert your eyes if you wish with red herrings, but these matters are not going away.
    I'm so sick of seeing that the Russians caused Trump to win... not just heare, but all over the internet.

Nobody knows how or why, but they are sure of it!