Page 315 of 583 FirstFirst ... 215265305313314315316317325365415 ... LastLast
Results 6,281 to 6,300 of 11642

Thread: Russia Collusion Scandal (aka A Leftist fantasy)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    she supports someone who is racist. she was ok enough with it.
    my mom also voted for trump. she is at least a little bit racist.
    i think we should all re-evaluate who we think of as racist. one doesn't have to wear a white costume to be racist.
    IMO a lot of older white people are *at least a little* racist.
    racism is mostly not loud and forward.
    my mother isn't white and I would say her racial views have become more enlightened as she has gotten older...i think under your definition pretty much all of us would be a little racist
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    It's apparent to me Mueller doesn't haven't any thing on Trump.

I find this to be a curious choice of words, permutations of which you’ve repeated a lot. Regardless of what you think about the ultimate result of the Mueller investigation, virtually NOTHING is apparent or obvious. You may very well be correct in your suspicion, but it’s based on supposition, not “apparent” facts.

Two mistakes you’ve consistently made about the investigation are assuming that its length is likely to indicate a lack of substance, and that everything that the relevant parties know is already in the public domain. So while you may end up being right in a stopped-clock kind of way, I don’t really give a lot of weight to your opinion because your reasoning process seems really shoddy.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

bravesnumberone (09-14-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    A couple observations:

1) Manafartov until the last two days resisted mightily efforts to get him to cooperate with Mueller's investigation

2) Trump seemed to take great comfort in the fact that Manafartov was not flipping

I'll let everyone draw their conclusions from those two observations.

Either everyone has been acting irrationally or this is a very big deal.

"I am your retribution."

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

bravesnumberone (09-14-2018), The Chosen One (09-14-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Well... I don't support Trump.

And Ron Paul is not a racist.

But don't let that stop the familar cries of "EVERYONE I DONT AGREE WITH IS A RACIST!!!!"

@julio
    I’d prefer not to contribute to this discussion, but since you tagged me, I’ll say this:

What’s that Avenue Q song? “Everybody’s a Little Bit Racist”? About right, IMO. I don’t exempt myself from that. I think there are people who strive to be self-aware, reflective, and critical about it, and I try to be one of those people

I’m not going to call you a racist. I’m not going to call Ron Paul a racist. I am going to say that, in my experience, people who lean heavily on the “reverse racism” trollery schtick are usually racist AF.

Ron Paul undoubtedly swims in some pretty toxic waters. I’m not sure I really get the hypersensitivity about allegations of racism where he’s concerned.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

bravesnumberone (09-14-2018), nsacpi (09-14-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    A couple observations:

1) Manafartov until the last two days resisted mightily efforts to get him to cooperate with Mueller's investigation

2) Trump seemed to take great comfort in the fact that Manafartov was not flipping

I'll let everyone draw their conclusions from those two observations.

Either everyone has been acting irrationally or this is a very big deal.
    I’m trying not to read too much into it, but Trump’s statements about Manafort have been really dicey and seem to telegraph...something. I’m not sure what, but something that would seem to indicate inculpatory knowledge.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    I’d prefer not to contribute to this discussion, but since you tagged me, I’ll say this:

What’s that Avenue Q song? “Everybody’s a Little Bit Racist”? About right, IMO. I don’t exempt myself from that. I think there are people who strive to be self-aware, reflective, and critical about it, and I try to be one of those people

I’m not going to call you a racist. I’m not going to call Ron Paul a racist. I am going to say that, in my experience, people who lean heavily on the “reverse racism” trollery schtick are usually racist AF.

Ron Paul undoubtedly swims in some pretty toxic waters. I’m not sure I really get the hypersensitivity about allegations of racism where he’s concerned.
    The song should be "everyone who disagrees with me is a racist"

We have this conversation every week bc every week there's a new accusation of racism from nothing other than me saying I don't think the guy will be taken down for collusion

What I practice is identifying double standards and hypocrisy. I don't see why racism is the worst thing ever... Unless it's practiced against white people, in which case lol

Ron Paul has decades of a voting record and public comments. By all means, anyone would surely be able to point out the blatant racism if it's there. If all you have is a newsletter that he didn't write, then you don't have much.

And before you go to the "but the newsletter"... Logic would say if he was bold enough to freely write that then, then there must be tons of other examples

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Off topic question.

Manafaort has been in like 5 admins. Do we think he was clean until Trump?

Assuming not, don't we think there are.pribably hundreds of Manaforts?

Our government is a cesspool

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    314 Posts
    Here's my thing and most of you are going to take offense to but I do not care. There was and is no measure that any sane person could say Trump is fit for this job. He is a human piece of fill in the blank that has no quality about him that seems decent. He will do anything, say anything, or whatever else that allows him to skirt any responsibility going all the way back to draft dodging Vietnam. Anybody that voted for him bears responsibility for this mess. And don't try to sell me that a mess doesn't exist. As a trained journalist if I hear a story or tale from three different directions I tend to believe it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Off topic question.

Yeah. But Trump is in a class of his own. As he himself is fond of pointing out.

I think to say that our political class is not the greatest misses out on what a special kind of corrupt moron Trump is.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    Yeah. But Trump is in a class of his own. As he himself is fond of pointing out.

I think to say that our political class is not the greatest misses out on what a special kind of corrupt moron Trump is.
    But did Trump make Manaforts corrupt? I think that's naive

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBrave View Post
    Here's my thing and most of you are going to take offense to but I do not care. There was and is no measure that any sane person could say Trump is fit for this job. He is a human piece of fill in the blank that has no quality about him that seems decent. He will do anything, say anything, or whatever else that allows him to skirt any responsibility going all the way back to draft dodging Vietnam. Anybody that voted for him bears responsibility for this mess. And don't try to sell me that a mess doesn't exist. As a trained journalist if I hear a story or tale from three different directions I tend to believe it.
    I agree 100%. Most Trump voters and defenders don't strike me as very reflective. But I think the ones who are have a great deal of soul searching to do.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    But did Trump make Manaforts corrupt? I think that's naive
    No he didn't make Manafort corrupt.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    The song should be "everyone who disagrees with me is a racist"

We have this conversation every week bc every week there's a new accusation of racism from nothing other than me saying I don't think the guy will be taken down for collusion

What I practice is identifying double standards and hypocrisy. I don't see why racism is the worst thing ever... Unless it's practiced against white people, in which case lol

Ron Paul has decades of a voting record and public comments. By all means, anyone would surely be able to point out the blatant racism if it's there. If all you have is a newsletter that he didn't write, then you don't have much.

And before you go to the "but the newsletter"... Logic would say if he was bold enough to freely write that then, then there must be tons of other examples
    Well, fortunately we’re not all bound by your definition of hypocrisy and double standards. That you choose to exclusively highlight “double standards” that involve white man, it’s pretty clear where your bread is buttered.

And LOL at dismissing the newsletters. Who even cares if he wrote them (though it’s never been conclusively proven that he didn’t). They were published under his name, for his personal profit. You’re consistently head-in-sand about the overlap between Paul-ites and neo-confederates, white nationalists, etc. That doesn’t make you a racist, but it makes your hypersensitivity about accusations of racism ring a tad false. Ron Paul swims in that ****, and always has. So, frankly, do you. How many times have you posted Stefan Molyneaux links/tweets in here? It’s not up to me to accuse you of racism, it’s up to you to do some self-reflection.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Off topic question.

Yeah, he had a long career in US politics, but I dunno how many people stateside hired him after he spent a couple of decades working for Ferdinand Marcos, Mobutu Sese Seko, Jonas Savimbi, and Viktor Yanukovych. I can certainly think of one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Paul believe in states right and individual liberty, which the left has equated to racism

That's really all there is to it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Can you point to one vote or statement he has made that is racism?

Just one.

He's been in the public arena for 40 years. I can find examples of trump and Obama in 2 seconds

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Can you point to one vote or statement he has made that is racism?

Just one.

He's been in the public arena for 40 years. I can find examples of trump and Obama in 2 seconds
    I don’t really care to debate it within your established, and frankly cult-ish, rules.

He did tweet a shockingly racist and anti-Semitic cartoon, like, three months ago. I mean, truly ****ing disgusting. But, yannow, it was a staffer who posted it, not the man himself. Along with the newsletters, this puts me in mind of the classic Onion piece “Why Do All These Homosexuals Keep Sucking My Cock?”

Why does Ron Paul keep associating with and hiring virulent racists, anti-Semites, and homophobes? Methinks the lady doth protest too much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    I don’t really care to debate it within your established, and frankly cult-ish, rules.

He did tweet a shockingly racist and anti-Semitic cartoon, like, three months ago. I mean, truly ****ing disgusting. But, yannow, it was a staffer who posted it, not the man himself. Along with the newsletters, this puts me in mind of the classic Onion piece “Why Do All These Homosexuals Keep Sucking My Cock?”

Why does Ron Paul keep associating with and hiring virulent racists, anti-Semites, and homophobes? Methinks the lady doth protest too much.
    Lol with the cartoon.

Again, I didn't even notice the faces until a website circled them and said "look at the faces"

So Julio's logic says "look how Ron Paul is so racist. He posted this blatant racist photo, then when shown the faces, he pulled it down because he's so racist!"

So guy is bold enough to post blatant racist picture on purpose, but not bold enough to keep it up?

Y'all would be a lot healthier if your default position wasn't that person has to prove they are not racist

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Julio is the most racist poster on this sub-forum.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Even more racist than that guy who says “blacks”