Page 328 of 583 FirstFirst ... 228278318326327328329330338378428 ... LastLast
Results 6,541 to 6,560 of 11642

Thread: Russia Collusion Scandal (aka A Leftist fantasy)

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    I don't know if I ever posted this story from the March, 2018, issue of The Atlantic, but it's a really in-depth look at Manafort along with his buds Roger Stone and Lee Atwater. Really insightful piece.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...ustler/550925/

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 50PoundHead For This Useful Post:

Runnin (11-30-2018)

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Rump View Post
    Not internetting properly there old-timer.
    Eh?

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts
    I love going back to this video to see Hannity's meltdown in the first 10 minutes and Donald's comments on the tarmac about Manafort being a good man.

Forever Fredi

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    I think it is important to understand this. The campaign even to the very end never looked like it would succeed in electing him president. Winning the presidency was an unexpected and problematic development. Problematic in the sense that it made it more difficult and in some cases impossible to realize the gains from certain projects that were cooking in 2016. The questions about Russia became extremely inconvenient in the summer of 2016 and Trump had to disavow any interest in the Moscow project. Up until that point he, Sater and Cohen (and I'm sure others) were very much interested in receiving whatever largesse the Russians were willing to dole out. The really interesting question is what the Russians thought they were getting in return.
    Trump, in his professional life, surrounded himself with grifters and crooks. Why would anyone think any different after he was elected President. Look no further than the scam artist he appointed as interim AG. He’s corrupt to the core, and the people in his orbit are either playing the sycophant to get in on the grift, or playing the sycophant because they see Trump as a mark. He’s entitled, corrupt, and stupid. Hell of a trifecta.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    It's like Christmas morning in here

7. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

Runnin (11-30-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    witch hunt on Christmas morning

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    why do you say that ?
    we are watching our country implode
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    The really interesting question is what the Russians thought they were getting in return.
    $50 million penthouse in Trump Tower Moscow.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    imagine thinking you are for the constitution and freedom and non corruption

and the day it seems it might be possible a witch is hiding out at 1600

you make a comment like this: "It's like Christmas morning in here"
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    imagine thinking you are for the constitution and freedom and non corruption

and the day it seems it might be possible a witch is hiding out at 1600

you make a comment like this: "It's like Christmas morning in here"
    I can't wait to one day go back into the old pages of this thread and screenshot the comments from thethe and sturg about the dossier being phony and "I WAS PROMISED COLLUSION" from the last year and have them be actual memes in the meme and quote thread.
    Forever Fredi

13. The Following User Says Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

goldfly (11-30-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    I have no idea who this writer is but was very suspicious of 2016 Congressional (R) that flipped to Trump after vowing to block him at every turn.
    Paul Ryan and Lindsey Graham specifically.

Let's also bear in mind Devin Nunes seat at the table these past 2 years

‘Most of the GOP leadership has been compromised’ by Russian money: Trump biographer
    Noor Al-Sibai
    29 Nov 2018 at 16:31 ET

A biographer who detailed the relationship between Donald Trump and the Russian mob explained that Russia’s financial links to the United States extend far beyond the president.

Craig Unger, author of House of Trump, House of Putin: The Untold Story of Donald Trump and the Russian Mafia, wrote in a Reddit AMA that one of the biggest surprise in his book is how Trump has been compromised “for decades.”

“Trump was first compromised by the Russians in the Eighties back in the days of the Soviet Union and the Cold War,” Unger wrote. “In 1984, my book shows, the Russian Mafia first began to use Trump real estate to launder money and it continued for decades and may have accounted for billions of dollars flowing to Trump.”

In 1998, he added, Trump took out full-page ads in the New York Times and the Washington Post after his first trip to Russia that touted “a foreign policy that was very anti-NATO.”

In the 90’s, Unger wrote, Russians began sending money to Rep. Tom DeLay (R-TX), a longtime congressman who later became House Majority Leader. He also suggested that the mafia was sending money to other Republicans as well.

“I believe most of the GOP leadership has been compromised by” Russian money, the author added. “The Republican Senatorial Campaign Committee run by Mitch McConnell got millions from [Soviet-born businessman] Leonard Blavatnik.”

“As for the endgame,” Unger concluded, “I think it is already [beginning] to unravel.”

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    I can't wait to one day go back into the old pages of this thread and screenshot the comments from thethe and sturg about the dossier being phony and "I WAS PROMISED COLLUSION" from the last year and have them be actual memes in the meme and quote thread.
    In defense of Tikiboi and thethe You are being kind by not naming the handful of others.
    Speaking of one particularly long winded poster that hasn't to this day ( in the 5 or so years we have been doing the back and forth thing ) read one historical tea leaf correctly
    He knows who he is

Time some funny stuff
    Last edited by 57Brave; 11-30-2018 at 05:47 AM.

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    seeing this bandied about the internet this morning

Well, here we are.

Our flight risk-iest “president” ever is in Argentina—without an ankle monitor—just as Mueller seems to be laying out the endgame.

Will the Secret Service stop him if he seeks to defect? Would we want them to?

In my wildest conspiratorial musings never - ever even considered a US President a flight risk
    Until this morning.
    What is more far fetched Vince Foster speculation, Seth Rich , child sex rings out the basement of a pizza parlor or ...

Question / clue , where is Barron?
    Is he and Melania in Argentina as well ?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to 57Brave For This Useful Post:

Runnin (11-30-2018)

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts
    Funniest thing I’ve read all morning so far was MAGA thumpers and QAnon crowd on Twitter thinking Individual 1 is actually Hillary.
    Forever Fredi

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    I have no idea who this writer is but was very suspicious of 2016 Congressional (R) that flipped to Trump after vowing to block him at every turn.
    Paul Ryan and Lindsey Graham specifically.

Let's also bear in mind Devin Nunes seat at the table these past 2 years

‘Most of the GOP leadership has been compromised’ by Russian money: Trump biographer
    Noor Al-Sibai
    29 Nov 2018 at 16:31 ET

A biographer who detailed the relationship between Donald Trump and the Russian mob explained that Russia’s financial links to the United States extend far beyond the president.

Craig Unger, author of House of Trump, House of Putin: The Untold Story of Donald Trump and the Russian Mafia, wrote in a Reddit AMA that one of the biggest surprise in his book is how Trump has been compromised “for decades.”

“Trump was first compromised by the Russians in the Eighties back in the days of the Soviet Union and the Cold War,” Unger wrote. “In 1984, my book shows, the Russian Mafia first began to use Trump real estate to launder money and it continued for decades and may have accounted for billions of dollars flowing to Trump.”

In 1998, he added, Trump took out full-page ads in the New York Times and the Washington Post after his first trip to Russia that touted “a foreign policy that was very anti-NATO.”

In the 90’s, Unger wrote, Russians began sending money to Rep. Tom DeLay (R-TX), a longtime congressman who later became House Majority Leader. He also suggested that the mafia was sending money to other Republicans as well.

“I believe most of the GOP leadership has been compromised by” Russian money, the author added. “The Republican Senatorial Campaign Committee run by Mitch McConnell got millions from [Soviet-born businessman] Leonard Blavatnik.”

“As for the endgame,” Unger concluded, “I think it is already [beginning] to unravel.”
    I've always found this charge to be very plausible. I still don't think it reaches the level of impeachment seeing these aren't high crimes and misdemeanors against the state.

I do find it amusing that both sides use the foreign contributions to candidates line a lot. I can remember Republicans going nuts when Al Gore had a fundraiser at a Buddhist temple and was purported to have taken (and maybe he did take) money from the Chinese.

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    In defense of Tikiboi and thethe You are being kind by not naming the handful of others.
    Speaking of one particularly long winded poster that hasn't to this day ( in the 5 or so years we have been doing the back and forth thing ) read one historical tea leaf correctly
    He knows who he is

Time some funny stuff
    In fairness to the others...

Hawk works/has worked in politics. He knows how the game is played. I don’t take his posts as serious because I know most of them are bordering trolling.

Krg never actually contributes to discussion unless it involves taking jabs at Avenatti (which we found out the guy who tried to pay off a woman to lie about Mueller sexually harassing her was also the guy jumping out in front of the recent Avenatti story). The only other time he posts is to quote someone else who is defending Trump using whataboutism with Obama and consistently makes the point any anti-Trumpers are too blind to Obama to have any objectivity. He’s never actually responded or refuted anything regarding Trump. Just kind of shows up like a wild Pokémon encounter. So in a way I can respect that Krg seems to know his boundaries and only seems to troll

thethe spent months and months trying to disprove the legitimacy of the dossier as well as push the deep state thing. I remember one of his posts specifically where he said “If you guys can’t see the blatantly obvious deep state connection I give up”. That’s how much in the tank he has been in for Trump. The Nunes memo and all the other PR stunts he bought into that Trump and his cronies were selling.

Sturg has spent so much time and energy for his hatred of the left that he’s unwittingly become an ardent Trump supporter especially in this collusion case. Whether mocking the investigation or just outright ignoring how awful of a person and President Trump has been because of his “results on the field”.

If you recall, when Flynn first flipped at least thethe was open to the idea there was some fire to the smoke. But then went back into the MAGA zone. sturg is the guy that continues to pretend to play the both sides card but truly is oblivious to how his posts shape him more and more to be a de facto Trump guy without realizing it. That’s not even really getting into him pushing the Seth Rich thing hard on here as well as his defending Trump on Charlottesville.
    Forever Fredi

22. The Following User Says Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

DaneHill (11-30-2018)

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts
    weso has pretty much called out Trump on stuff while only praising things he politically agrees with just as Jaw has. Such as tax cuts and judges. They’ve both been pretty consistent on that. As far as I can remember (and I’m happy to be corrected), neither one of them as vehemently, or even casually, come out and said the Mueller investigation is a waste or a deep state conspiracy like thethe and sturg have done on here. Sturg because he truly despises liberals and thethe because he’s so far psychologically in the MAGA zone that it’s become expected.

I’ve seen Jaw and weso have actual political disagreements on here with some in the middle and left. For sturg if you don’t step over and agree with him you’re just a leftist that has lost their mind or you don’t belong on the same 8D intellectual chess playing field he and Trump are on.
    Forever Fredi

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

DaneHill (11-30-2018), goldfly (11-30-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,537 Posts
    the "i was promised collusion" line seems to have gone into hibernation
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    Lol