User Tag List

Page 386 of 402 FirstFirst ... 286336376384385386387388396 ... LastLast
Results 7,701 to 7,720 of 8022

Thread: Russia Collusion Scandal (aka A Leftist fantasy)

  1. #7701
    Shift Leader thethe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    31,952
    Thanks
    3,646
    Thanked 3,620 Times in 2,648 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Oh I don't care about who conservative people have to say about this. The Trump campaign in some aspect of existence colluded with Russia. I'm not gonna say that Trump did it, knew about it, etc. that's up for the investigation. But what I do know is that Russia hacked the DNC, wikileaks is an intelligence asset of the Russians, every dump of the emails coincided with a major blow to Trump's approval numbers. Again, I'm not saying the man had anything to do about it. I'm not privy to that information. That will likely come out via the Mueller investigation. What does spook me about Trump is that he's posturing and threatening the investigation rather than letting it happen. If he was innocent I'd think he'd want it to go down. Which likely mean he or someone he loves is likely to be implicated. It will probably be his son or son-in-law. You'd think what he'd want if he cared about America would be a swift end to this investigation as it continues what the goal of the Russians was which was to undermine American confidence in it's political system. If anything since Trump took office he's done more to undermine that than anything.
    And what should Trump think when he was presented with a fake dossier by the FBI which was later leaked?

  2. #7702
    Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    DANGERZONE
    Posts
    17,035
    Thanks
    1,055
    Thanked 2,797 Times in 1,965 Posts
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    And what should Trump think when he was presented with a fake dossier by the FBI which was later leaked?
    He can think what he want.

    What the core issue here is that people aren't grasping what the steele document was. It was a findings that the FBI would then investigate. It wasn't an indictment. Can you give me a source of when the FBI presented Trump with the Dossier?
    AJ does all the other things just as well if not better than Mac - zbhargrove

    I don't think Nolan Ryan should be a poster child for mechanics - SAV

  3. #7703
    Expects Yuge Games nsacpi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    21,348
    Thanks
    1,521
    Thanked 7,540 Times in 4,702 Posts
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Ming the Great knows what's coming.
    “It's a shame the White House has become an adult day care center. Someone obviously missed their shift this morning.” Senator Bob Corker

  4. #7704
    A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    14,092
    Thanks
    6,299
    Thanked 9,404 Times in 4,913 Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    “Take the L”
    I dunno. His health has apparently already deteriorated so very badly...poor guy’s in a wheelchair.

    But, first you said he wasn’t going to be charged. Then you said he wasn’t going to be convicted. So, hurrah for you and rich-guy justice, I guess?

  5. #7705
    It's OVER 5,000! Runnin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    7,509
    Thanks
    3,036
    Thanked 2,201 Times in 1,501 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    I dunno. His health has apparently already deteriorated so very badly...poor guy’s in a wheelchair.

    But, first you said he wasn’t going to be charged. Then you said he wasn’t going to be convicted. So, hurrah for you and rich-guy justice, I guess?
    Or faking it in a wheelchair. He was strutting around no problem one year ago. I don't buy it.
    FF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

  6. #7706
    Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    10,497
    Thanks
    4,341
    Thanked 4,302 Times in 2,444 Posts
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    I dunno. His health has apparently already deteriorated so very badly...poor guy’s in a wheelchair.

    But, first you said he wasn’t going to be charged. Then you said he wasn’t going to be convicted. So, hurrah for you and rich-guy justice, I guess?
    The Julio special: gross mischaracterization and a desperate pivot.

  7. #7707
    A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    14,092
    Thanks
    6,299
    Thanked 9,404 Times in 4,913 Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My point at the time was that he was under pressure to make a deal to cooperate because he was facing the possibility of dying in jail. This was the premise that you mocked. The fact that he took a deal to cooperate after the first trial and pleaded guilty to all the charges rather proves this. I was, in this case, pretty much spot on about the way it turned out. Your contention was that he’d beat the charges or get a slap on the wrist. So, I’m not sure why you’re crowing over this as some sort of vindication.

  8. #7708
    Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

    Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Individual-1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    School of Hard Cox
    Posts
    16,950
    Thanks
    6,617
    Thanked 6,562 Times in 3,751 Posts
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The Trump Tower meeting was such a big uneventful nothingburger that all the people involved have forgotten it even took place.
    Forever Fredi


  9. #7709
    Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    10,497
    Thanks
    4,341
    Thanked 4,302 Times in 2,444 Posts
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    My point at the time was that he was under pressure to make a deal to cooperate because he was facing the possibility of dying in jail. This was the premise that you mocked. The fact that he took a deal to cooperate after the first trial and pleaded guilty to all the charges rather proves this. I was, in this case, pretty much spot on about the way it turned out. Your contention was that he’d beat the charges or get a slap on the wrist. So, I’m not sure why you’re crowing over this as some sort of vindication.
    Your original point was that the charges against Manafort were so serious and so substantive that they would unequivocally result in him dying in jail. I ridiculed your take, in part because your using it to prop up the broader '"RUSSIA!" narrative was transparent -- and ludicrous, besides -- but also because it went against everything we know about prosecutions (in general) and white collar crime.

    Your interpretation of the charges, both in terms of immediate legal ramifications as well as the broader Trump-related context, was wrong and I explained why ... and suggested what reality I thought would eventually evolve.

    And it did.

  10. #7710
    A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    14,092
    Thanks
    6,299
    Thanked 9,404 Times in 4,913 Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Your original point was that the charges against Manafort were so serious and so substantive that they would unequivocally result in him dying in jail. I ridiculed your take, in part because your using it to prop up the broader '"RUSSIA!" narrative was transparent -- and ludicrous, besides -- but also because it went against everything we know about prosecutions (in general) and white collar crime.

    Your interpretation of the charges, both in terms of immediate legal ramifications as well as the broader Trump-related context, was wrong and I explained why ... and suggested what reality I thought would eventually evolve.

    And it did.
    My point was that the charges were serious enough, and well-documented enough, that there was too much of a chance to risk dying in jail if he didn’t make a deal. Which he did. You said you thought he’d beat it or get a slap on the wrist...which is not totally unreasonable, just a misreading of the strength of the case against him. And you were correct about the judge’s willingness to circumvent the sentencing guidelines, though 4 years is hardly a slap on the wrist. He’s still got another sentencing to go. He could end up with no additional time, or up to 10 additional years. If anything close to the latter, I’m really not sure how this adds up to vindication of your point of view.

  11. #7711
    Shift Leader thethe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    31,952
    Thanks
    3,646
    Thanked 3,620 Times in 2,648 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    And we find out for sure what we already know. Insurance policy was the russia investigation to erase a democratically elected president.

  12. #7712
    Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    DANGERZONE
    Posts
    17,035
    Thanks
    1,055
    Thanked 2,797 Times in 1,965 Posts
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    And we find out for sure what we already know. Insurance policy was the russia investigation to erase a democratically elected president.
    Well, technically he wasn't democratically elected as he he didn't have the most votes.
    AJ does all the other things just as well if not better than Mac - zbhargrove

    I don't think Nolan Ryan should be a poster child for mechanics - SAV

  13. #7713
    if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    8,360
    Thanks
    3,041
    Thanked 2,421 Times in 1,559 Posts
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    And we find out for sure what we already know. Insurance policy was the russia investigation to erase a democratically elected president.
    man didn't a majority of republican votes in the primary nor the majority of the votes in the election

    so, i would suggest a better term than "democratically" elected
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin. It is a very great mistake to imagine that the object of loyalty is the authority and interest of one individual man, however dignified by the applause or enriched by the success of popular actions.” Samuel Adams

    "In times of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" George Orwell

  14. #7714
    Expects Yuge Games nsacpi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    21,348
    Thanks
    1,521
    Thanked 7,540 Times in 4,702 Posts
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to congratulate Pavel Manafartov on his breaking John Mitchell's record for longest jail sentence given to a former manager of a successful presidential campaign.

    And also wish him good luck in his research efforts on comparative conditions in the New York state prison system and the federal prison system. Perhaps soon old friend Roger Stone will join him as research assistant.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 03-13-2019 at 03:05 PM.
    “It's a shame the White House has become an adult day care center. Someone obviously missed their shift this morning.” Senator Bob Corker

  15. #7715
    It's OVER 5,000! 57Brave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    12,880
    Thanks
    1,278
    Thanked 1,390 Times in 1,011 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rantt Media
    ‏ @RanttMedia
    1h1 hour ago

    Manafort is the first of Trump's inner circle to receive state charges.

    This is out of Trump's obstructive reach—he can’t fire the investigators.

    The charges are similar to what Trump is accused of.

    Manhattan DA: “No one is beyond the law in New York…"
    “Reject the logic that says someone else’s gain necessitates my loss, and that my gain must come at the cost of another person.”

  16. #7716
    Shift Leader thethe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    31,952
    Thanks
    3,646
    Thanked 3,620 Times in 2,648 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We are just going to ignore the Lisa Paige testimony right?

    Asking for a friend.

  17. #7717
    **NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,538
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked 397 Times in 319 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    We are just going to ignore the Lisa Paige testimony right?

    Asking for a friend.
    Yes. It doesn’t matter. Obama isn’t in the White House. I believe that will be 57’s stance

  18. #7718
    Shift Leader thethe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    31,952
    Thanks
    3,646
    Thanked 3,620 Times in 2,648 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Im just not sure what else we need to corroborate the corruptness of the ptiot administration and thos whole sham of an investigation. Wonder what it feels like to wake up every day and know you were taken and believed one of the biggest conspiracy theories of all time.

  19. #7719
    Shift Leader thethe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    31,952
    Thanks
    3,646
    Thanked 3,620 Times in 2,648 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

  20. #7720
    It's OVER 5,000! 57Brave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    12,880
    Thanks
    1,278
    Thanked 1,390 Times in 1,011 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    shot in the dark --- wonder if this was the first and only time the Justice Department passed down to the FBI the opinion that there was no there --- there.

    Wondering aloud here but perhaps it was like Comey said that there was no basis for a case.


    The reports linked here are all Fox -- is that correct ?
    Fox aint having such a good week either
    So

    Who do they bring up ?
    Hillary.


    Were you guys birn yesterday - Or just missed the past 25 years ?
    “Reject the logic that says someone else’s gain necessitates my loss, and that my gain must come at the cost of another person.”

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •