Page 426 of 583 FirstFirst ... 326376416424425426427428436476526 ... LastLast
Results 8,501 to 8,520 of 11642

Thread: Russia Collusion Scandal (aka A Leftist fantasy)

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AerchAngel View Post
    impeachment will never happen. Voting him out is on the table.
    Impeachment can happen at any given point. Dems have the numbers, they're waiting for the polls to swing a clear direction to have a shot at conviction which almost certainly won't happen in the Republican controlled Senate. My theory is it waits to happen as close to 2020 election as possible, not for Trump, but as a means to try and get vulnerable rep senators out.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    certainly won't happen in the Republican controlled Senate..
    Mitch, the truest enemy to the the republic
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Got the Call to Lynchburg
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    The title of this thread is spot on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    "The Mueller report isn’t just a reckoning about our recent history; it’s also a warning about the future. Unless he’s held accountable, the president may show even more disregard for the laws of the land and the obligations of his office."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    President Trump on Thursday denied that in June 2017 he instructed his then-White House counsel Don McGahn to fire special counsel Robert Mueller. That contradicts key passages of the Mueller report, in which Mr. McGahn recounted that Mr. Trump twice instructed him to have the special counsel removed, and then later asked him to deny media reports about those orders.

Here are Mr. Trump’s comments, followed by the passages from the Mueller report that discuss the matter.

President Trump, as tweeted Thursday morning:
    “As has been incorrectly reported by the Fake News Media, I never told then White House Counsel Don McGahn to fire Robert Mueller, even though I had the legal right to do so. If I wanted to fire Mueller, I didn’t need McGahn to do it, I could have done it myself. Nevertheless, Mueller was NOT fired and was respectfully allowed to finish his work on what I, and many others, say was an illegal investigation (there was no crime), headed by a Trump hater who was highly conflicted, and a group of 18 VERY ANGRY Democrats. DRAIN THE SWAMP! Despite the fact that the Mueller Report was “composed” by Trump Haters and Angry Democrats, who had unlimited funds and human resources, the end result was No Collusion, No Obstruction. Amazing!”

The Mueller report, Volume II, pages 85-87:
    “On Saturday, June 17, 2017, the President called McGahn and directed him to have the Special Counsel removed. McGahn was at home and the President was at Camp David. In interviews with this Office, McGahn recalled that the President called him at home twice and on both occasions directed him to call Rosenstein and say that Mueller had conflicts that precluded him from serving as Special Counsel.

“On the first call, McGahn recalled that the President said something like, ‘You gotta do this. You gotta call Rod.’ McGahn said he told the President that he would see what he could do. McGahn was perturbed by the call and did not intend to act on the request. He and other advisors believed the asserted conflicts were ‘silly’ and ‘not real,’ and they had previously communicated that view to the President. McGahn also had made clear to the President that the White House Counsel’s Office should not be involved in any effort to press the issue of conflicts.

“McGahn was concerned about having any role in asking the Acting Attorney General to fire the Special Counsel because he had grown up in the Reagan era and wanted to be more like Judge Robert Bork and not ‘Saturday Night Massacre Bork.’ McGahn considered the President’s request to be an inflection point and he wanted to hit the brakes.

“When the President called McGahn a second time to follow up on the order to call the Department of Justice, McGahn recalled that the President was more direct, saying something like, ‘Call Rod, tell Rod that Mueller has conflicts and can’t be the Special Counsel.’ McGahn recalled the President telling him ‘Mueller has to go’ and ‘Call me back when you do it.’

“McGahn understood the President to be saying that the Special Counsel had to be removed by Rosenstein. To end the conversation with the President, McGahn left the President with the impression that McGahn would call Rosenstein. McGahn recalled that he had already said no to the President’s request and he was worn down, so he just wanted to get off the phone."

The Mueller report, Volume II, page 113:
    “In late January 2018, the media reported that in June 2017 the President had ordered McGahn to have the Special Counsel fired based on purported conflicts of interest but McGahn had refused, saying he would quit instead. After the story broke, the President, through his personal counsel and two aides, sought to have McGahn deny that he had been directed to remove the Special Counsel. Each time he was approached, McGahn responded that he would not refute the press accounts because they were accurate in reporting on the President’s effort to have the Special Counsel removed. The President later personally met with McGahn in the Oval Office with only the Chief of Staff present and tried to get McGahn to say that the President never ordered him to fire the Special Counsel. McGahn refused and insisted his memory of the President’s direction to remove the Special Counsel was accurate. In that same meeting, the President challenged McGahn for taking notes of his discussions with the President and asked why he had told Special Counsel investigators that he had been directed to have the Special Counsel removed.”

https://www.wsj.com/articles/how-tru...article_inline
    Last edited by nsacpi; 04-25-2019 at 02:02 PM.

"I am your retribution."

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    “N**** is you taking notes on a criminal ****ing conspiracy? The **** is you thinking?”

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

57Brave (04-26-2019), goldfly (04-26-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    President Trump was furious.

He had just learned that special counsel Robert S. Mueller III’s investigation went beyond Russia’s interference in the 2016 campaign and into the White House — and that Trump himself was now under scrutiny for his actions in office. The next day, he attempted to oust Mueller, only to be thwarted by his White House counsel, according to the special counsel’s report.

So Trump turned to the one person he could long count on to do his bidding: Corey Lewandowski, his former campaign manager, described by senior White House advisers to investigators as a Trump “devotee.” In a private Oval Office meeting, the president dictated a message he wanted delivered to then-Attorney General Jeff Sessions: that he needed to give a speech announcing he was limiting the scope of the investigation.

Trump’s efforts to enlist Lewandowski as a back channel to try to curtail the probe, detailed in 10 pages of Mueller’s 448-page report, provides a new window into how far the president went in trying to hold back the special counsel.

The episode, which discomfited even some of Trump’s most loyal advisers, was read by some legal observers as one of the clearest cases laid out in Mueller’s report of potential obstruction of justice by the president. In unequivocal terms, the report states that there was “substantial evidence” that Trump hoped his actions would derail Mueller’s investigation and prevent further scrutiny of his campaign and his own conduct.

“Write this down,” the president ordered Lewandowski, prompting the former aide — who had never taken dictation from Trump before — to begin scribbling as fast as possible, to make sure he captured Trump’s torrent of frustration.

Trump wanted Sessions to deliver a speech declaring that the president was “being treated very unfairly” and that he should not be facing a special counsel investigation “because he hasn’t done anything wrong,” the report states.

Sessions should conclude the speech, Trump told Lewandowski, by announcing he planned to meet with Mueller in order to limit the investigation to future instances of meddling in U.S. elections.

Meanwhile, Trump was publicly ramping up his attacks on Sessions. Just hours later, in an interview with the Times that was originally supposed to be off the record, Trump lashed out at his attorney general. He criticized Sessions’s decision to recuse himself from the Russia investigation and said had he known, “I would have picked somebody else.”

Later that day, Lewandowski and Hicks discussed the Times interview, according to the report. Lewandowski confided in Hicks about Trump’s request that he meet with Sessions, telling her that Trump had told him to tell the attorney general to do the “right thing” and resign, she told investigators. Lewandowski also joked about the absurdity of Trump telling him, a private citizen, that if Sessions refused to meet with him, he should simply tell the attorney general he was fired.

Hicks declined to comment.

Three days later, Trump ordered Priebus to force Sessions to resign — a directive the then-chief of staff also resisted.

But Trump’s ire with his attorney general resonated: For the rest of the year, Sessions carried a resignation letter in his pocket every time he visited the White House.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.bbc65cf7afce

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    A Republican rips a Democratic President. Who saw that coming

Rosenstein seems to want it both ways, he advocated firing Comey for his press conference publicizing the investigation into HRC but then rips Obama for not publicizing the investigation into Trump.
    Had Obama unilaterally publicized the investigation, late summer early fall 2016 --- the blow back. Which was why he went to McConnell hoping to announce it together
    Which of course Mitch declined ---
    Had he announced and HRC won ...

I have no dog in the fight and no opinion on blanket announcement policies of classified investigations --- I just dont know what he is talking about.
    Until I saw the byline

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    No dog in the fight? Yeah ok

This hoax was clear from the start and fish stinks from the head up. Hussein will be exposed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    lol

you're a clown show

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Starr Report Veteran Says Trump’s Crimes Are ‘Thousandfold’ Worse

Rosenzweig noted that, at the time, he viewed one of the more serious abuses by Clinton his questioning of his secretary, Betty Currie, the day after he denied having sexual relations with Lewinsky during his civil deposition in the Paula Jones sexual harassment lawsuit. Calling her to the White House on a Sunday, Clinton asked Currie a series of leading questions intended to bolster his denial of a relationship with Lewinsky and potentially shape her testimony, making comments to her along the lines of “you could see and hear everything” when he met with Lewinsky and “we were never really alone.”

These comments, Rosenzweig said, amounted to “one of the most palpably aggressive efforts to control the narrative, tamper with witnesses, create a false impression for the American people and a false impression for the investigation,” Rosenzweig said.

But, he added, “Trump’s efforts are blunter by a thousandfold. He doesn’t even have the sophistication and subtlety of Bill Clinton.”
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Paul Sperry? Have I heard that name before?
    Last edited by nsacpi; 04-26-2019 at 10:53 PM.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Now with a compromised Justice Department there is no telling what they will come up with.

The CIA has a duty at any time to protect the country. They had to keep an eye on Trump because he's a crook and wants to be a dictator.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    My favorite thing is acting like they were spying on trump

When it is pretty logical that he and his dumbass crew had interactions with spies etc and then the cia and whomever else was like “holy ****, this criminal needs to be looked into. There are dumb enough people in here that my install him to be president”

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    Now with a compromised Justice Department there is no telling what they will come up with.

The CIA has a duty at any time to protect the country. They had to keep an eye on Trump because he's a crook and wants to be a dictator.
    And yet people in the intelligence agencies are now cooperating saying the prior administration was committing illegal acts.

Of course you will justify it because if the hatred towards trump but that wont stop the truth from coming out. Now its face to see who flips first to get less jail time.