Page 534 of 583 FirstFirst ... 34434484524532533534535536544 ... LastLast
Results 10,661 to 10,680 of 11642

Thread: Russia Collusion Scandal (aka A Leftist fantasy)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,904 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    Ben Rhodes
    @brhodes

1. I have trouble believing it, but as someone who got the presidential daily briefing for more than 7 years the idea that a POTUS wouldn’t be briefed on a Russian bounty on US troops is even more alarming.

2. Given the hundreds of pieces of intel that would be briefed to him in this period, did the intel community think Trump wouldn’t care? That strikes at the heart of his responsibility as commander in chief.

3. Did they think he wouldn’t do anything in response or wouldn’t want to be bothered? That raises questions about whether he cares about our troops.

4. Did they think it would create political problems for him? That raises questions about the politicization of the intelligence community’s role.

5. Did they think he would be compromised by his affinity for Putin? That’s, well, chilling.

6. The DNI for much of this time was also the Ambassador to Germany. Trump annnounced a withdrawal of US troops from Germany. What’s up with that? That’s a gift to Putin.

7. There’s no greater purpose for our national security apparatus than protecting our troops. How could they fail this spectacularly if they kept this from the President?

8. The trump people may think they’re protecting Trump by saying he didn’t know but that’s far more damning. Who is looking out for our troops if not the Commander in Chief?

9. Also. Mitch McConnell. What does he think about all this? As he’s facilitating Russian interference in the 2020 election.
    ^
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,904 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    It is said that Trump is not known to regularly or completely read the President’s Daily Brief and instead relies on oral briefings several times a week. The White House has maintained in coy and carefully selected language that the president was “not personally briefed” on the Russian bounty intelligence

-TPM

^
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,542 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Why not have Mifsud testify? Did Mueller try to make that happen? If he is so central to the theory (which he is) then why has he been ignored?
    Good questions. Another one. Why is Mifsud hiding? He should make himself available to answer questions.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,904 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    Good questions. Another one. Why is Mifsud hiding? He should make himself available to answer questions.
    I don't think the people who think this was all a hoax are the ones that aren't interested in hearing Mifsud speak.

The fact that we had the most thorough investigation in our nations history without this issue being touched should inform you on certain things.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,904 Posts
    So at this point I'm still left trying to understand what pieces of Russian disinformation I am believing.

Hopefully 57 and Runnin can clarify.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,542 Posts
    So at this point I'm still left trying to understand what pieces of Russian disinformation I am believing.

Hopefully 57 and Runnin can clarify.
    You've peddled the deza in Roh's book.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,904 Posts
    You've peddled the deza in Roh's book.
    That he worked at a popular UK University that has traditionally been a jump off point for cooperation with Western Intelligence?

How is Roh's book disinformation if we haven't seen any investigation into Mifsud's life? You have this tendency to call things lies when the truth hasn't been ascertained. What it boils down to is you think anything that you don't believe is disinformation. Thats fine - We are all victims of it. I just hope you know it deep down and your schtick on these boards is for your own amusement.
    Last edited by thethe; 04-17-2021 at 08:54 AM.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,542 Posts
    That he worked at a popular UK University that has traditionally been a jump off point for cooperation with Western Intelligence?

How is Roh's book disinformation if we haven't seen any investigation into Mifsud's life? You have this tendency to call things lies when the truth hasn't been ascertained. What it boils down to is you think anything that you don't believe is disinformation. Thats fine - We are all victims of it. I just hope you know it deep down and your schtick on these boards is for your own amusement.
    Roh himself is deeply implicated in various money laundering schemes and other illegal activities with his Russian clients. I'm just shocked simply shocked you would take anything he says at face value. Oh and one of Mifsud's more lucrative side ventures was procuring Maltese passports for his Russian friends.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,904 Posts
    https://www.realclearinvestigations....ssiagate_.html

In an official report, Democrats on the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence asserted that “in their approach to Papadopoulos, the Russians used common tradecraft and employed a cut-out,” a “Kremlin-linked…Maltese professor named Joseph Mifsud.”

No one in the American intelligence community has publicly challenged this description.

But there is one major problem with this story: No evidence has been presented to support the claim. Although Mifsud has traveled many times to Russia and has contacts with Russian academics, his closest public ties are to Western governments, politicians, and institutions, including the CIA, FBI and British intelligence services. One of Mifsud’s jobs has been to train diplomats, police officers, and intelligence officers at schools in London and Rome, where he lived and worked over the last dozen years.

Mifsud truly is a Russian agent – which is key to the collusion narrative – he could prove to be one of the most promiscuous spies in modern history. Western intelligence agencies and European politicians would have to spend the next few decades repairing the damage he did to global security by infiltrating key institutions and personnel. As of yet, however, there is no indication that any intelligence service has begun the embarrassing, but highly important, assessment of how it was penetrated and how it can re-fortify the vulnerabilities that Mifsud may have exposed. There has been no public effort to arrest him.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,904 Posts
    Roh himself is deeply implicated in various money laundering schemes and other illegal activities with his Russian clients. I'm just shocked simply shocked you would take anything he says at face value.
    I'm not taking anything at face value. I'm simply noting that Mifsud worked at a well known University that has deep links to Western Intelligence. How did they not know this whole time? Are they going to try to figure out how they let this slip through their grasp the whole time?

You however seem to be taking how intelligence communities assessments at face value when they have long DOCUMENTED histories of outright lying to the American public.

So again, as opposed to pure conjecture on your part what actual evidence of cooperation with the Kremlin exists for Mifsud. A figure this important you think would have been more central to the Mueller investigation. He wasn't. You know why.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,542 Posts
    https://www.realclearinvestigations....ssiagate_.html

In an official report, Democrats on the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence asserted that “in their approach to Papadopoulos, the Russians used common tradecraft and employed a cut-out,” a “Kremlin-linked…Maltese professor named Joseph Mifsud.”

No one in the American intelligence community has publicly challenged this description.

But there is one major problem with this story: No evidence has been presented to support the claim. Although Mifsud has traveled many times to Russia and has contacts with Russian academics, his closest public ties are to Western governments, politicians, and institutions, including the CIA, FBI and British intelligence services. One of Mifsud’s jobs has been to train diplomats, police officers, and intelligence officers at schools in London and Rome, where he lived and worked over the last dozen years.

Mifsud truly is a Russian agent – which is key to the collusion narrative – he could prove to be one of the most promiscuous spies in modern history. Western intelligence agencies and European politicians would have to spend the next few decades repairing the damage he did to global security by infiltrating key institutions and personnel. As of yet, however, there is no indication that any intelligence service has begun the embarrassing, but highly important, assessment of how it was penetrated and how it can re-fortify the vulnerabilities that Mifsud may have exposed. There has been no public effort to arrest him.
    He wasn't a spy. The proper term for his role is agent of influence. A public figure useful for advancing their agenda.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,904 Posts
    He wasn't a spy. The proper term for his role is agent of influence. A public figure useful for advancing their agenda.
    Fine - Whatever you want to label it. I'm not concerned with how Mifsud is presented in this story but the fact that his roll was central to the overall theory of Russian Collusion.

Show some evidence of your conclusion.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,542 Posts
    A figure this important you think would have been more central to the Mueller investigation. He wasn't. You know why.
    Looks like you are unaware of what the Mueller report has to say about him.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,904 Posts
    Looks like you are unaware of what the Mueller report has to say about him.
    Oh I'm aware.

The report lacks how do you say.....EVIDENCE.

Seems like a similar to pattern to over conversation just now.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,542 Posts

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,542 Posts
    And of course he went into hiding to avoid follow-up interviews with Mueller.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,904 Posts
    So a statement that he knew someone means what exactly?

This is the evidence to hang the whole Russian collusion theory on?
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,542 Posts
    Lest we forget Manafartov, Flynn, Stone and Papadopoulos have all received pardons or ofther forms of clemency.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,904 Posts
    And of course he went into hiding to avoid follow-up interviews with Mueller.
    Oh I think a lot of people are upset he went into hiding. But let’s be real here. If the five eyes network wanted him questioned he would be questioned. You know this.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,904 Posts
    Lest we forget Manafartov, Flynn, Stone and Papadopoulos have all received pardons or ofther forms of clemency.
    So now the exercise of constitutional powers are evidence of guilt?

Do you really want to discuss the disaster of the Flynn prosecution? Or the weakness of the case against Stone? Papa has been all but cleared of any wrongdoing. Not sure what the issues were with the pardons but that’s your schtick continuing to play out

Manafort seems slimy so not sure anyone is trying to defend him here.
    Natural Immunity Croc