Page 10 of 583 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110510 ... LastLast

Thread: Russia Collusion Scandal (aka A Leftist fantasy)

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    I don't see where it's implicit that these documents are being leaked, much less stolen. In fact, that they are official legal documents coming from a court is explicit. Hypothetically they could have even been public record.

You perform due diligence to determine the legality of accepting/utilizing said documents.
    If that "due diligence" was at all diligent, seems like there should have been lawyers involved.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Oh you mean the media which was caught working with the dnc and HRC? That media that is supposed to protect us.
    Yes, and they should be called out when they **** up but not villainized. You realize that Trump considers infowars a newssource? The company that employs ALex Jones, who admitted in the court of law his show is an act
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Yes, and they should be called out when they **** up but not villainized. You realize that Trump considers infowars a newssource? The company that employs ALex Jones, who admitted in the court of law his show is an act
    I'm not sure how many times I need to say that I don't support a candidate. I support policies. Trump is not who I would choose to champion my cause but he was the one who was closest to what I believe in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    I believe the Russians may have overtly interfered with the election. I don't believe that the Trump campaign (proper) colluded with them.

Extremely poor judgement? No. I see due diligence.

I didn't say it was nothing at all, I said it was nothing alone.
    I can't see giving Junior a pass on judgment. I don't know of anyone outside of the Hannitys of the world who would take that line.

I'm trying to better understand the case that this (the bigger Trump/Russia picture) is not a big deal.

So the Russians "may have" overtly interfered with the election. You really think there's much room for hedging that now?

Hypothetically, if it's determined that the Trump campaign coordinated with Russia in targeting their social media/online propaganda campaign, would you change your mind?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (07-13-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    McClatchy and WSJ reports yesterday speak of conversations as far back as Spring 2015.

Interesting reads.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    So is it at all sketchy that after Preet Bharara was fired, the DoJ settled the $200M Russian money laundering case his office was working on for $6M and no admission of wrongdoing?

The Russian attorney in the DJTJ matter was counsel for the defendant, btw.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (07-13-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    I don't believe that the Trump campaign (proper) colluded with them.
    The presence of Kushner and Manafort at the meeting strongly suggests (while falling short of proving) that the Trump campaign (proper) did collude.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    As far as we know it falls short.
    As of last week at this time the people involved were denying there was a meeting

Then the meeting was about ...

The reports yesterday spoke to voting data the Russians possessed to target social media --- this is where the Trumps are vulnerable.
    It is established the "fakenews" perpetrated vs Clinton was targeted and planned. It was not random ---

Where did the Russians get the voter data ?
    It is foolish to rule anything out
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Colluders are the left version of birthers

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    Until any hard and fast evidence is presented (and I mean the kind that is undeniable, even in court) I would agree with you, but let me ask you this, how many hard core birthers can you name or have you seen who have really changed their tune about that "nothing burger"? I mean, even after the evidence that he was born in Hawaii was presented how many of them said, "well fook me, I was completely wrong about the Big O"? How many poor scared Texans to this day believe that Operation Jade Helm is about to happen any day now? Once people get an idea in their head (and we all know what those kinds of ideas get there) they're just not going to let it go.
    Both Sean Hannity and Alex Jones have admitted and in public that they are essentially white versions of Steve Harvey but don't 99% of their followers still follow with at least close to total blind obedience? Don't the hard core followers of both the left and the right need to wake the fook up?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Oklahomahawk For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (07-13-2017)

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Have a feeling this Russia thing is unfolding slowly and will unravel more around midterms.

1) Nobody in Congress will want to attach themselves in any way to help Trump.
    2) Pence should he be promoted will have too much of the Trump stench attached to him to get anything done.
    Forever Fredi

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    You were/still a birther.
    Forever Fredi

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (07-13-2017), Julio3000 (07-13-2017)

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    Bless your poor, brainwashed down to your DNA heart.

Not that it matters, but here's a difference:

Russia wants to damage democracy and freedom. MSNBC and the NYT wants to preserve democracy and freedom.
    hahahahahahahahaha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    A lot of lazy people do like the idea of voting for an authoritarian who they foolishly is just gonna fix all their problems. Being an informed voter is way too much work for most people.
    you voted for HRC, right?

hahahahahahahahahaha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    yeah, i'm sure it is nothing again

i mean, i'm sure it never got brought up at all

Wasn't that from 2013?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    Karen Finney‏Verified account @finneyk 8h8 hours ago

How is it not treason to meet with a rep of hostile foreign government aimed at subverting the will of the American people?
    hahahahahahahahahahahaa

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Russia is not a threat to our liberty. Our own government is a threat to our liberty, by passing things like the Patriot Act and NDAA.

But y'all don't care about that.

Y'all don't care about drone strikes killing 90% innocent people.

Y'all care about Russia!

Talk about brainwashed. The NYT and CNN are doing a very good job

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Fredi View Post
    Have a feeling this Russia thing is unfolding slowly and will unravel more around midterms.

1) Nobody in Congress will want to attach themselves in any way to help Trump.
    2) Pence should he be promoted will have too much of the Trump stench attached to him to get anything done.
    I maintain that the Dems can't really "win" again until they let go of the Russia thing, or at least actually come up with some meaningful plans, platforms, etc., to stand on that actually mean something to most Americans and put the Russia thing on the back burner. If the "smoking guns" come out then fine, but right now that and their being in denial about the real reasons they lost in 2016 are holding them back from ever really winning again and for the life of me I can't figure out why the Repubs ridicule and otherwise make fun of them for their stance. I mean, the Repubs don't have to do anything (right now) to win again in 2018 as long as the Dems keep it up with this strategy. If the Repubs were smart they would at least pretend to cower in fear and beg the Dems to stop talking about Russia before you find something that will destroy us, yada, yada, yada so they would keep doing it (reverse psychology I guess).

Remember how when Dems wanted to impeach W because Iraq was a lie? What would they have gotten if they had successfully done so? That's right, President Cheney without the "acting" part in front of his name? Good idea? You tell me. What happens if they successfully impeach Trump? You know as well as I do that when politicians start talking about impeachment it makes a sympathetic martyr figure out of their intended victim. Look at how Bill's numbers kept going up every time the Repubs of the 1990s even used the word "impeach". Do you really want President Pence? Right now IMO the religious right is making major league hypocritical Scribes and Pharisee level aholes of themselves by not only going along with Trump, but actively supporting him, even though I suspect more than a few do so while holding their noses. Imagine how they could get behind a really religious sounding guy like Pence with (whatever passes for with them these days) a semi clear conscience in 2020. A damaged Trump would be way easier for them to beat than a uber religious martyr taking the place of a supposed quasi religious martyr in 2020.

Answer me this, do the Dems really even know what they want to accomplish? Have they thought any of this crap through? Was 2016 just a hiccup of cluelessness that they will recover from in 2018 and 2020 or are they returning to the Shangri-La of cluelessness they lived in during the 1980s?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    MSNBC and NYT want to maximize shareholder value. Since they're elements of entities subject to US law, they have to do so within some fairly narrow strictures. You may not like their editorial slant but that's another conversation. Russia, as currently constituted, wants to promote their national interests and enrich and aggrandize their ruling class, particularly while undermining the norms and institutions of democracy. They are not subject to the same strictures.

So, thethe, I'm not sure how well they compare.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (07-13-2017)

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Russia is not a threat to our liberty. Our own government is a threat to our liberty, by passing things like the Patriot Act and NDAA.

But y'all don't care about that.

Y'all don't care about drone strikes killing 90% innocent people.

Y'all care about Russia!

Talk about brainwashed. The NYT and CNN are doing a very good job
    Oh I think Russia is a YUGE threat to our liberty and our security but not for the same reasons the Dems think. I pretty much agree with everything else you said though. Remember W liked to carpet bomb to get rid of bad guys and build his rating numbers, Obama preferred drone strikes to do the same, Trump likes the MOAB approach. The new boss, same as the previous bosses.