Page 62 of 583 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162562 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 11642

Thread: Russia Collusion Scandal (aka A Leftist fantasy)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesnumberone View Post
    If there was a deep state capable of "taking over" they would have taken out Trump a while ago. Just stop it dude.
    Have you not been watching the last year? They've tried but luckily our framers have build a beautiful governmental system that is difficult to overcome.

Keep pretending it doesn't exist. There will be more information that comes out over time about this and other clear indications a shadow government exists.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Knew you'd show yourself with this news.

Is this big?
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Knew you'd show yourself with this news.

Is this big?
    I'm a bit surprised Mueller didn't do this sooner. I think however that taking this step could provoke Trump into trying to terminate the investigation. It is not directly related to the mission Mueller is charged with. But it could provide some background information into how a quid pro quo was executed.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    I'm a bit surprised Mueller didn't do this sooner. I think however that taking this step could provoke Trump into trying to terminate the investigation. It is not directly related to the mission Mueller is charged with. But it could provide some background information into how a quid pro quo was executed.
    Just read an article saying just that. Hopefully trump does not take the bait. Mueller got nothing on collusion.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    https://www.wsj.com/amp/articles/mue...lem-1512432318

Don't take the bait Trump. Let the public realize what a farse this has been from the beginning. That's how you earn a monster victory.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    How far back can that be demonstrated. Would a real estate deal from 15 years ago qualify? Also, at some point you have to prove the 'pro'.
    Natural Immunity Croc

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Have you not been watching the last year? They've tried but luckily our framers have build a beautiful governmental system that is difficult to overcome.

Keep pretending it doesn't exist. There will be more information that comes out over time about this and other clear indications a shadow government exists.
    You just answered your own question as to why the FBI might not immediately skip to the call of another branch of government asking for information that might be politically motivated. Separation of powers. Congress has oversight powers but there's always tension. Now and in every other similar case.

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,003 Posts
    In other words don't confirm you're a complete crook.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    You just answered your own question as to why the FBI might not immediately skip to the call of another branch of government asking for information that might be politically motivated. Separation of powers. Congress has oversight powers but there's always tension. Now and in every other similar case.
    They are constitutionally required to respond to Congress. Anything else breeds suspsicion as to wrongdoing.

To simply dismiss this as normal is absurd.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    How far back can that be demonstrated. Would a real estate deal from 15 years ago qualify? Also, at some point you have to prove the 'pro'.
    If there was a quid pro quo it might have been carried out via pre-existing networks of relationships between Trump and his campaign on the one hand and the Russians and Russian-connected entities on the other. The Deutsche records might help with understanding those networks.

But there is also the risk to Trump that in the course of reviewing the material from Deutsche Mueller will uncover evidence of other unrelated crimes. I think that risk is something that has been hanging over him for a while now.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 12-05-2017 at 09:13 AM.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    If there was a quid pro quo it would likely have been carried out via pre-existing networks of relationships between Trump and his campaign on the one hand and the Russians and Russian-connected entities on the other. The Deutsche records might help with understanding those networks.

But there is also the risk to Trump that in the course of reviewing the material from Deutsche Mueller will uncover evidence of other unrelated crimes. I think that risk is something that has been hanging over him for a while now.
    Again...find collusion then get rid of trump.

You try to do that with anything else and you're inviting a civil war.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Again...find collusion then get rid of trump.

You try to do that with anything else and you're inviting a civil war.
    The public interest (hate to use such a high-minded phrase) is best served by letting the investigation proceed and letting the chips fall where they may.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Reportedly much more is going to come out involving more agents. This is a disaster.
    Natural Immunity Croc

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    The public interest (hate to use such a high-minded phrase) is best served by letting the investigation proceed and letting the chips fall where they may.
    Yeah but a decent amount of people have always and will always think there was collusion no matter how many times the prosecution says there isn’t.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    Yeah but a decent amount of people have always and will always think there was collusion no matter how many times the prosecution says there isn’t.
    Well some people will hold to their beliefs no matter what. But that to me is not an argument against trying to find out what actually happened. I think the public interest is best served here by having Mueller conduct a thorough investigation and presenting his conclusions regarding Russian activities pertaining to the elections.

"I am your retribution."

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    I think it's strange that the administration, immediately upon taking office, moved to rescind the existing sanctions placed on Russia after the invasion of Crimea. Keep in mind that this is in the wake of Russia's campaign of election espionage and interference.

Considering that sanctions relief was #1 on their wishlist, it seems like a pretty pathetic deal in exchange for Russian assistance against ISIS.

When you consider that fact in light of the curious series of coincidences and lies I previously outlined, it seems fairly reasonable to suggest that it should be investigated. I don't see what is outrageous or unduly emotional about that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    I think it's strange that the administration, immediately upon taking office, moved to rescind the existing sanctions placed on Russia after the invasion of Crimea. Keep in mind that this is in the wake of Russia's campaign of election espionage and interference.

Considering that sanctions relief was #1 on their wishlist, it seems like a pretty pathetic deal in exchange for Russian assistance against ISIS.

When you consider that fact in light of the curious series of coincidences and lies I previously outlined, it seems fairly reasonable to suggest that it should be investigated. I don't see what is outrageous or unduly emotional about that.
    Plus the possibility still exists that it is all innocuous. If so, then an investigation will reveal that as well. I would hope. We have to keep in mind that the chairmen of all the congressional committees carrying out investigations are Republican. Mueller is a Republican. Mueller's boss at the Justice Department, Rod Rosentstein, is a Republican. He was appointed by Trump after being recommended by Sessions and approved by the Senate. The current head of the FBI was appointed by Trump.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 12-05-2017 at 09:34 AM.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts

I think it's a reasonable deal considering radical Islam is the number 1 threat to world peace. Glad we have someone that is leading the charge to exterminate the vermin.
    Natural Immunity Croc