Page 168 of 583 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170178218268 ... LastLast
Results 3,341 to 3,360 of 11642

Thread: Russia Collusion Scandal (aka A Leftist fantasy)

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    "The FBI was provided a limited opportunity to review this memo the day before the committee voted to release it," the FBI said earlier this week. "As expressed during our initial review, we have grave concerns about material omissions of fact that fundamentally impact the memo’s accuracy."

This it seems to me is the primary objection to the memo. Material omissions that create a misleading impression.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

bravesnumberone (02-03-2018), CK86 (02-03-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    So we have the president taking to twitter this morning to react to the release of a previously classified memo alleging abuse of government surveillance powers by the Justice Department, claiming the memo “totally vindicates him” and assailing the Russia investigation as “an American disgrace.”

I think for those who have an interest in seeing what is really happening, this says it all. The memo is a misleading document designed to undermine the investigation into Russian election interference. Nothing more nothing less.

"I am your retribution."

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

bravesnumberone (02-03-2018), CK86 (02-03-2018), goldfly (02-03-2018), Runnin (02-03-2018), The Chosen One (02-03-2018)

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    So we have the president taking to twitter this morning to react to the release of a previously classified memo alleging abuse of government surveillance powers by the Justice Department, claiming the memo “totally vindicates him” and assailing the Russia investigation as “an American disgrace.”

I think for those who have an interest in seeing what is really happening, this says it all. The memo is a misleading document designed to undermine the investigation into Russian election interference. Nothing more nothing less.

When Mueller comes out and says there’s no collusion between trump and Russia, are you going to give trump his due and say you guys were wrong or go with some scenario where trump had something on Mueller? I imagine it will be the later.

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,003 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    When Mueller comes out and says there’s no collusion between trump and Russia, are you going to give trump his due and say you guys were wrong or go with some scenario where trump had something on Mueller? I imagine it will be the later.
    I imagine there will be both reactions. If he says there's no real proof of collusion and things related to that collusion, then I'll take him at his word. There are numerous other reasons why Trump is a complete ****-up. The way things have been going, I find it highly unlikely there's nothing. The other element to this is possible obstruction. As we've talked about on here, there are arguments for and against whether his actions constitute obstruction of justice. If he is found to have done so, chances are there's reasons for that obstruction. But I'll accept Mueller's findings.

I pose the same question to you. If he finds wrongdoing and refers impeachable offenses to Congress, are you going to say you were wrong or stick to the usual bull**** excuses of he's being framed, or what's wrong with that, or everybody else does it?

Things like this "earth-shattering" memo are already serving as insulation for these defenses.
    Last edited by bravesnumberone; 02-03-2018 at 11:04 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    I can only speak for myself. My view is that it is more likely than not that there was a quid pro quo between the Trump campaign and Russians or Russian controlled entities. Under the quid pro quo the Russians would provide dirt on Hillary and other assistance to the campaign. And Trump if elected would ease sanctions related to the annexation of Crimea. I use the phrase "more likely than not." I do not believe that the quid pro quo is proven. It could be that there wasn't a quid pro quo.

I do think there is a compelling public interest in having a thorough investigation as Mueller is carrying out and as the Senate Intelligence Committee appears to be carrying out on Russian interference in our elections (of which a conspiracy involving the Trump campaign is a possible subset).

I have also stated the opinion that the possible quid pro quo is not the most dangerous threat to the survival of Trump's presidency. The two bigger threats imo have to do with 1) issues related to obstruction and abuse of power when Trump asked Comey to drop the Flynn investigation and fired him when he didnt, and 2) evidence that might emerge relating to Trump's business practices prior to the campaign. In particular, I believe that within the vaults of Deutsche there might be evidence relating to money laundering and also financial relationships with Russians or Russian controlled entities that created a financial dependency on those entities. The loan he got in 2010 is especially fishy. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a third party involved that provided an implicit or explicit guarantee.

Here is a bit more on his financial dealings with Deutsche.

http://www.newsweek.com/2017/12/29/d...nk-753780.html

I also want to flag the possibility that one of the investigations will uncover a more banal sort of crime. Such as a conspiracy to conceal income for the purpose of tax evasion.

I mention all these possibilities because taken together they point to the potential motivation behind the various attempts to undermine or derail the various investigations.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 02-03-2018 at 12:05 PM.

"I am your retribution."

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Copied from another post:
    If you put all the pieces together here's what you get. The DNC rigs the Democratic Primary Election against Bernie Sanders so Hilliary can win the nomination. Obama's administration starts to request surveillance on Trump, his family, his transition team, and anyone associated with him. Donna Brazil gives Hilliary the questions to a debate. The DNC pays Christopher Steele to come up with a smear dossier about Trump. The mainstream media releases a taped conversation about Trump talking about grabbing women parts. After all this Trump still wins the General Election. Obama orders an investigation into Russia meddling in our elections. Obama changes Executive Order 12333 to allow more agencies to have access to surveillance data. The Democratic Party comes up with a scandal that Trump Colluded with Russia to win the election with no evidence or proof. This wild claim is backed up by the mainstream media. Obama hold overs start unmasking Trum. p's transition team and staff members then release the classified information to the mainstream media. Why? Because the DNC and the Obama administration colluded with the intelligence community to thwart Trump's campaign efforts to get him elected president. All this Russia collusion is an attempt to cover up the fact that the Obama administration, the intelligence community, the DNC, along with the mainstream media used our nations surveillance as a political tool to try to get Hilliary elected President. This makes Watergate look like a kindergarten play. Let that sink in.......

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    If you put all the pieces together here's what you get. The DNC rigs the Democratic Primary Election against Bernie Sanders so Hilliary can win the nomination. Obama's administration starts to request surveillance on Trump, his family, his transition team, and anyone associated with him. Donna Brazil gives Hilliary the questions to a debate. The DNC pays Christopher Steele to come up with a smear dossier about Trump. The mainstream media releases a taped conversation about Trump talking about grabbing women parts. After all this Trump still wins the General Election. Obama orders an investigation into Russia meddling in our elections. Obama changes Executive Order 12333 to allow more agencies to have access to surveillance data. The Democratic Party comes up with a scandal that Trump Colluded with Russia to win the election with no evidence or proof. This wild claim is backed up by the mainstream media. Obama hold overs start unmasking Trum. p's transition team and staff members then release the classified information to the mainstream media. Why? Because the DNC and the Obama administration colluded with the intelligence community to thwart Trump's campaign efforts to get him elected president. All this Russia collusion is an attempt to cover up the fact that the Obama administration, the intelligence community, the DNC, along with the mainstream media used our nations surveillance as a political tool to try to get Hilliary elected President. This makes Watergate look like a kindergarten play. Let that sink in.......
    lol
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Don't forget the part about Frodo and Gollum. That's the best part in the whole story.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    For those who can't get enough of Carter Page.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...es-memo-216934

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts
    If Mueller comes up with nothing, then yes, I'll admit I was wrong. I feel pretty confident I won't need to though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts
    Still unclear as to why Trump refuses to impose the sanctions that Congress passed. It makes it necessary to ask "why?" to something that should be a no-brainer. They screwed with our elections, pay the consequences. I don't know why anyone would be against this.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Forever Fredi

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

bravesnumberone (02-04-2018), CK86 (02-04-2018), Runnin (02-03-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Seth Abramson
    ‏Verified account @SethAbramson
    21m21 minutes ago

KEY POINT: The main allegation in Steele's dossier *isn't*

that Putin has blackmail on Trump. It's *money laundering*. The claim is

Trump took Russian money via shell corporations in exchange for a more

favorable Russia policy. And what's Mueller looking at now?

Money laundering.
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Seth Abramson
    5m5 minutes ago

KEY POINT #10: So now you better understand why Trump told the NYT

he'd fire Mueller—basically declare nuclear war on the Constitution

—if Mueller looks at his business deals.

You understand why he's been lying about his returns for two years.

You understand the attacks on Steele.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Seth Abramson
    49m49 minutes ago

CONCLUSION:

The best point I ever heard made on the Trump-Russia probe:

How does a bankrupt businessman who can't get a loan

from any bank in America in 2005 manage to get RICHER?

You know who says "Russia"? Don Jr., in 2008. Eric Trump, in 2013.

That's right—BOTH his adult sons.

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CK86 View Post
    Still unclear as to why Trump refuses to impose the sanctions that Congress passed. It makes it necessary to ask "why?" to something that should be a no-brainer. They screwed with our elections, pay the consequences. I don't know why anyone would be against this.
    It's long lost in the storm of subsequent events, but they apparently wanted to unilaterally lift the Crimea sanctions and the election-related measures. The State Dept and Congress bugged out, of course.

There was the usual mushmouth stuff about a grand Syria bargain, but that always smelled really bad to me.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Lol. When Trey Gowdy even...

Forever Fredi

22. The Following User Says Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

CK86 (02-04-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    It's worth mentioning that the FBI has been maintaining radio silence since the memo's release. If Trump's plan was to draw Mueller into a public squabble, I don't think it worked.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    So who's the Donald gonna appoint FBI chief? Any bets? Nunes would be in keeping with his record.

FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR