Page 215 of 583 FirstFirst ... 115165205213214215216217225265315 ... LastLast
Results 4,281 to 4,300 of 11642

Thread: Russia Collusion Scandal (aka A Leftist fantasy)

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,022 Posts
    We need to get Mr. Magoo on the Seth Rich case.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/201...emails-n852291

It will be interesting to see who are the co-conspirators when charges are brought against those who hacked and disseminated the emails. Wikileaks and those who acted as conduits to it. Mifsud probably. The people Carter Page met with in Moscow who told him they had kompromat on Clinton. Perhaps some "witting" Americans too.

It is worth keeping in mind that when Candidate Trump started receiving national security briefings, those briefings included information about Russia's attempts to influence the elections.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 03-02-2018 at 12:31 PM.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    The latest on Inspector Clouseau understudy Devin Nunes

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.c14f2a165c3a

"I am your retribution."

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post

It will be interesting to see who are the co-conspirators when charges are brought against those who hacked and disseminated the emails. Wikileaks and those who acted as conduits to it. Mifsud probably. The people Carter Page met with in Moscow who told him they had kompromat on Clinton. Perhaps some "witting" Americans too.

It is worth keeping in mind that when Candidate Trump started receiving national security briefings, those briefings included information about Russia's attempts to influence the elections.
    I think that, potentially, the biggest pivot point is going to come when the email hack indictments are brought or unsealed. If there are even strong hints at unindicted co-conspirators, things are going to get hot.

I think the "persons known and unknown to the grand jury" bit of the last round of indictments was a little underplayed. Between that and the tiny bit of leg the investigators showed yesterday, I suspect there a lot beneath the surface.

We know that the campaign was pitched, on more than one occasion, dirt on HRC. We know that they adopted both a Russia-friendly public stance and an official embrace of the Wikileaks release of the stolen material. We know--or can now reasonably surmise--that the DoJ believes those stolen emails were the fruit of a criminal conspiracy. To me it now looks rather more likely that there are some manner of stateside co-conspirators.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    I think that, potentially, the biggest pivot point is going to come when the email hack indictments are brought or unsealed. If there are even strong hints at unindicted co-conspirators, things are going to get hot.

I think the "persons known and unknown to the grand jury" bit of the last round of indictments was a little underplayed. Between that and the tiny bit of leg the investigators showed yesterday, I suspect there a lot beneath the surface.

We know that the campaign was pitched, on more than one occasion, dirt on HRC. We know that they adopted both a Russia-friendly public stance and an official embrace of the Wikileaks release of the stolen material. We know--or can now reasonably surmise--that the DoJ believes those stolen emails were the fruit of a criminal conspiracy. To me it now looks rather more likely that there are some manner of stateside co-conspirators.
    American collaborators...thats the list that interests me the most

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    WASHINGTON — Federal investigators are scrutinizing whether any of Jared Kushner's business discussions with foreigners during the presidential transition later shaped White House policies in ways designed to either benefit or retaliate against those he spoke with, according to witnesses and other people familiar with the investigation.

Special counsel Robert Mueller's team has asked witnesses about Kushner's efforts to secure financing for his family's real estate properties, focusing specifically on his discussions during the transition with individuals from Qatar and Turkey, as well as Russia, China and the United Arab Emirates, according to witnesses who have been interviewed as part of the investigation into possible collusion between Russia and the Trump campaign to sway the 2016 election.

As part of the scrutiny of Kushner's discussions with Turks, federal investigators have reached out to Turkish nationals for information on Kushner through the FBI's legal attache office in Ankara, according to two people familiar with the matter. Separately, Qatari government officials visiting the U.S. in late January and early February considered turning over to Mueller what they believe is evidence of efforts by their country's Persian Gulf neighbors in coordination with Kushner to hurt their country, four people familiar with the matter said. The Qatari officials decided against cooperating with Mueller for now out of fear it would further strain the country's relations with the White House, these people said.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/whi...-trump-n852681

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Kushner Companies approached Qatar multiple times, including last spring, about investing in the company's troubled flagship property at 666 Fifth Avenue in New York, but the government-run sovereign wealth fund declined, according to two people familiar with the discussion. Another discussion of interest to Mueller's team is a meeting Kushner held at Trump Tower during the transition in December 2016 with a former prime minister of Qatar, Hamad bin Jassim bin Jaber Al Thani, or HBJ, according to people familiar with the meeting.

HBJ had been in talks with Kushner Companies about investing in its Fifth Avenue property, which is facing roughly $1.4 billion in debt that is due in 2019, these people said. Those talks with the company continued after Kushner entered the White House and stepped away from the business, but last spring HBJ decided against investing, these people said.

In the weeks after Kushner Companies' talks with the Qatari government and HBJ collapsed, the White House strongly backed an economically punishing blockade against Qatar, led by Saudi Arabia and the UAE, citing the country's support for terrorism as the impetus.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Some top Qatari government officials believe the White House's position on the blockade may have been a form of retaliation driven by Kushner who was sour about the failed deal, according to multiple people familiar with the matter. Saudi Arabia and UAE have long had a rivalry with Qatar.

The White House, Saudi Arabia and the UAE have said the blockade against Qatar is in retaliation for their government’s support for terrorism.

Any cooperation with Mueller's probe from foreign nationals or government officials would mark a significant new dimension to the investigation beyond what is currently publicly known.

While Kushner and his business dealings have long been a focus of the investigation, this line of questioning suggests Mueller could be building a case that directly links action he took after the election to his conduct as a senior adviser in the White House.

Kushner’s divestment from his family’s company before taking a job in the White House was limited. He allowed his brother to oversee his assets and transferred a trust to his mother, rather than removing his financial interests from his family. According to government ethics filings, he still holds as much as $761 million in real estate and other investments.

Discussions with Turks
    It is unclear how successful Mueller's effort to reach Turkish nationals has been or what discussions Kushner had with Turks that are under scrutiny.

People familiar with the matter believe that Turkish President Recep Erdogan's son-in-law Berat Albayrak, who is also the country's energy minister, met with Michael Flynn, who would soon serve briefly as Trump's national security adviser, in New York in December 2016. Mueller's team has been investigating whether they discussed a possible quid-pro-quo deal. Flynn is cooperating with the Mueller investigation.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    While Qatari officials were in Washington last month, they came armed with materials they said showed the UAE has worked against their government, including information involving Kushner, people familiar with the matter said. They debated for days whether to turn it over to Mueller but felt their meetings with U.S. officials had been productive and so decided against it, these people said.

i wonder if the White House was "blackmailed" by the threat that these materials could be turned over to Mueller

"I am your retribution."

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

CK86 (03-02-2018), jpx7 (03-02-2018)

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Concerning as that sounds, I don't see how it falls into the purview of Mueller's investigation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Concerning as that sounds, I don't see how it falls into the purview of Mueller's investigation.
    I think the connecting thread might be Kushner's meetings during the transition period with Kislyak and Sergei Gorkov. Especially the latter.

And of course Flynn is sharing information about ANY and ALL potential crimes he has information on. And this seems to include financial entanglements with the Turks and various Arab countries.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    So what are the chances Kushner gets indicted?

And if he gets indicted what are the chances he flips?

It does seem to me there is an orchestrated campaign against him. Who is orchestrating it?

And does the timing of this campaign have anything to do with the phone call from Rosenstein a few weeks ago when Rosenstein apparently informed the White House that something had come up that would require additional investigation before he could get his security clearance?

Does anyone find it suspicious that Kushner makes it a habit to circumvent national security protocol and have meetings no one else knows about with foreign nationals?
    Last edited by nsacpi; 03-02-2018 at 04:33 PM.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    More on Kusher's dealings and how they might tie into quid pro quo with Russia.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...e-dossier.html

A lot of speculation here. It wouldn't hurt to have Mueller look into it.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 03-02-2018 at 06:15 PM.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Summary of orchestrated campaign against Kushner.

https://www.axios.com/destroying-jar...mpaign=organic

The campaign is moving so fast and has so many facets that the article is already dated.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 03-02-2018 at 06:32 PM.

"I am your retribution."

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Kushner shouldn't have been let into the WH except with a guest pass.

The issue of the "secure communications channel" is purely bonkers and should have been a giant illuminated sign reading "Hell No," but has somehow been ignored, like every other risk factor about the guy.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

CK86 (03-02-2018), Runnin (03-02-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts

The issue of the "secure communications channel" is purely bonkers and should have been a giant illuminated sign reading "Hell No," but has somehow been ignored, like every other risk factor about the guy.
    aside from that it takes a special kind of skill to become as disliked as he seems to be

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post

It had a lot to do with his negative attitude toward intelligence briefings and the FBI when he took office. He was already at odds with them over this.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts

It was totally irresponsible of father-in-law to endanger his family this way, not to mention reckless and derelict of duty in his sworn role to protect the country.

And there was no other way for this to end but badly for everyone concerned, including the American people. Just another example of DJT's cluelessness and arrogance.
    Last edited by Runnin; 03-02-2018 at 11:52 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Furthermore, the way DJT is allowing the public execution of Kushner to go on day after day is cruel and inhumane. It should've been done weeks ago, quickly, quietly and without fanfare. But ...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    I knew I had seen him before.