Page 269 of 583 FirstFirst ... 169219259267268269270271279319369 ... LastLast
Results 5,361 to 5,380 of 11642

Thread: Russia Collusion Scandal (aka A Leftist fantasy)

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,757 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Fredi View Post
    About 1/4 of those pages are thethe and you asking "where is it i dont see it" followed by krgecw quoting thethe and saying "it doesn't matter what happens cause they will say this and that"
    Your point would be better if 2/3 of the thread weren't filled with "THIS IS BIG" tweets

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Hopefully you draw your own informed conclusions as to was is "BIG" and what isn't

In the context of Manafort, it is big that the judge will allow and has encouraged Muellers indictment.
    Neutering any pretense of "witch hunt" and nothing to see here speculation
    Indictments at the level Mueller has weighed against Manafort is, BIG

If you are following the day by day accounts, which I don't think you are and if you understood the judicial process of white collar crime and the snail's pace it moves, which I don't think you do, you would understand what is and isn't big.

Thus avoiding nonsensical "thethe" statements like the one above
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    more nothing:

“The Committee has obtained a number of documents that suggest the Kremlin used the National Rifle Association as a means of accessing and assisting Mr. Trump and his campaign,” said a report on the committee’s preliminary findings on Russia and the presidential campaign. While the report didn’t discuss the documents, it said two Russian nationals—Alexander Torshin and Maria Butina—were “involved in this effort.” Torshin, a member of Russia’s central bank, hosted an NRA delegation in Moscow in 2013. Butina, founder of a pro-gun group in Russia, boasted at a Washington, D.C. party following the election that she was “part of the Trump campaign’s communications with Russia,” The Daily Beast reported last year.

The bipartisan effort is a direct rebuttal of the GOP House Intelligence panel’s conclusion last month that while Russia wanted to disrupt election, its efforts did not favor Trump.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...hrough-the-NRA

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    The Senate report was unequivocal about Russian efforts to help Trump and hurt Clinton. The NRA thing is a tasty tidbit on top of that.

Roger Stone's social media consultant has been subpoenaed by the OSC.

The OGE has forwarded Trump's 2017 financial disclosure acknowledging payments to Cohen to the DOJ.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    ah mm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    Why would Russia need to go through the NRA to get a back channel to Trump during the election if they were in collusion? Trumps associates apparently have talked to every Russian Oligarch who the media keeps saying are all tied to Putin but he needs to go through the NRA to talk to Trump? If he funneled money to the NRA to support Trump how was Trump supposed to know that? Beyond that Hillary outspent him by something like 2 to 1. To be honest if Putin really wanted to hurt America he would have colluded with Trump then tell everyone about it. That would **** our **** up. Putin has repeatedly said he wants to expose our democracy as a farce. If he had flipped the election he would be leaking damaging info to hurt Trump, not defending him and denying any interference. You can say Russia tried to meddle in the 2016 election but reality is they have been trying for a long ass time. To pretend like this is anything new or groundbreaking is ridiculous. And if we are going to act so high and mighty lets extradite all government officials involved in meddling in foreign elections. If we can do it with impunity then no other country has any moral or ethical obligation to not meddle in our election.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    The answer to your first questions is hiding in plain sight

As far as the rest,
    I will go out on a limb and say never before has the Senate Intel Committee (bi partisan) implicated a Presidential candidates campaign coordinating with a foreign entity to influence / enhance said candidates election.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Story in the New Yorker suggests a cover-up of Michael Cohen's financial activity.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Can't wait for this IG report. So much will come to light and the timing of the NY times story is not coincidental.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    Story in the New Yorker suggests a cover-up of Michael Cohen's financial activity.
    Amend this to say that it suggests an obscuring of records of said activity, for as-yet unknown reasons.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    Amend this to say that it suggests an obscuring of records of said activity, for as-yet unknown reasons.

the bank filing the SAR would presumably retain its own record...it would take a special kind of stupidity to try to hide something like that
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Wait. We’re concerned about missing records now? I’ll be damned.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Have you guys ever seen a SAR before? What do you think is on it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Let me never dismiss guys with pink hair and rings in the noses again.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    At the hearing, Ellis sharply questioned the motives of prosecutors. “You don’t really care about Mr. Manafort’s bank fraud,” Ellis said, adding: “You really care about what information Mr. Manafort can give you that would reflect on Mr. Trump or lead to his prosecution or impeachment or whatever.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-manafort-case

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Tea Pain
    ‏ @TeaPainUSA
    46m46 minutes ago

Giuliani and the Trumper hoard are no longer contestin' Trump's guilt,

but are reduced to arguin' if the president has

the power to keep from testifyin' or bein' arrested.

Trump Tower is fallin' down, fallin' down, fallin' down.
    Last edited by 57Brave; 05-17-2018 at 01:39 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    The answer to your first questions is hiding in plain sight

As far as the rest,
    I will go out on a limb and say never before has the Senate Intel Committee (bi partisan) implicated a Presidential candidates campaign coordinating with a foreign entity to influence / enhance said candidates election.

well you got me there. There is no history of political witch hunts for people secretly colliding with Russia in this country. Trump always said he wanted to be like the folks old days, the 50's. I guess mission accomplished. I think we all know Putin wanted Trump to win but he also tried to help Romney beat Obama. I have looked some of these reports and they include **** like RT giving coverage to third party candidates as an example of meddling. Quite frankly from what I have seen for the last few years RT is actually one of the best real news sites for non-russian news because they don't have to shill for access since they won't get it no matter what they do. Same goes for al-jazeras US news. Very good and real ****. It's like how our news media coverage plays nice on US news but doesn't pull punches on coverage of countries like Russia or China. If covering US government corruption and giving air time to trouble makers like Ron Paul and Jesse Ventura is considered meddling in our election by our government then maybe we should really reconsider his free our elections really are. Are we freer because we get to alternate between masters as opposed to 1 master with continuous control? Are yours your opinions even your own or are they just the byproduct of years of social condition to manufacture your consent. How many ears have we been lied into? How many false flag **** do we know about now? Odds are that's just the tip of the iceberg. But we are supposed to believe our government is on a moral high ground.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    for context high school classmates of mine were killed in Viet Nam.

for context I lived outside of Chicago during the Chicago 7 trials. Where Bobby Seale was chained to his chair

for context I watched Ronald Reagan be elected POTUS after opening his campaign in Philadelphia Miss. on the anniversary of the civil rights shootings

for context, I was at the court house when/where the SCOTUS stopped the counting of votes in 2000, leading to Iraq.

for context, I attended a McGovern rally the day before he was landslided by Nixon. Only for Nixon to be run out of office less than 2 years later

So no, I have no illusions as to what our government is or how manipulated we are.
    What I am though is ever optimistic to the possibility it will change.
    What Lincoln called "our better angels"

Let me add one more thing.

The above context mentions have one thread going through them. Politicians that were elected when there was obvious character evidence of who they were.
    and in every case above, the opposing candidate though far from ideal was by a mile or two the lesser of two evils.
    Say or think what you will about Al Gore but I can't envision him invading Iraq to settle some daddy complex
    Last edited by 57Brave; 05-17-2018 at 02:58 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    I am sorry, caught be me at the end of a tolerance break. It was actually much longer.

It’s over."