Page 294 of 583 FirstFirst ... 194244284292293294295296304344394 ... LastLast
Results 5,861 to 5,880 of 11642

Thread: Russia Collusion Scandal (aka A Leftist fantasy)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Trump is about to select the swing vote Supreme Court Justice on whether he can pardon himself,Jared and Ivanka.

Putin hand picked his election opposition as did Sadaam Hussein , Momar Qaddafi , that guy from the Balkans etc etc etc

Tax breaks and a booming GDP (inherited)
    Last edited by 57Brave; 06-29-2018 at 06:56 AM.
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    That's in addition to the, what, $18M of OD's money that Pavel apparently absconded with in that Black Sea Cable deal? Honestly, that one stinks to me. There have been plenty of instances of oligarchs laundering or repatriating money through phony schemes that end up in bad-faith litigation. Hard to tell, but what's certain is that Deripaska owns Persian Rug Pavel.
    The shell company that the 10M from Deripaska went to was also used to make an all cash purchase of Manafartov's apartment in Trump Tower. Apartment #40-G.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Awesome that Trey Gowdy literally yelled about wrapping up the Mueller investigation after a little over a year because it is "dividing America," after having presided over a 2.5-year-long investigation that found no wrongdoing at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Seth Abramson
    ‏Verified account @SethAbramson
    Jun 29

1/ For 72 hours after the 2016 election, Chris Christie was still running the Trump transition team. We know two things about Christie's plans for the transition: he didn't want Michael Flynn in the administration, and he was hoping to be AG. Then Kushner fired him November 11th.

2/ We now know that, *less than 24 hours* after Christie was fired, the Kremlin's man in London was pumping a man who'd just met with Trump at Trump Tower—Arron Banks—to find out what administration role one person in particular would have: Jeff Sessions. It wasn't a coincidence.

3/ First, know that Sessions' campaign role was to secretly negotiate sanctions with Russia's man in DC, Kislyak. Second, know that Sessions wanted to be AG—the role Christie wanted. Third, know that Sessions was the public face of Trump's NatSec team—which, privately, Flynn ran.

4/ Fourth, know what the NYT reported today: Arron Banks looks to have been Russia's man, too—a witting agent of Kremlin designs here and Europe who'd been promised riches by Putin. Now ask yourself: what message would the Kremlin have had for Trump in the 72 hours post-election?
    Last edited by 57Brave; 07-01-2018 at 11:00 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    5/ No one doubts the Kremlin would've wanted Trump's point man on sanctions (Sessions) in a position of power in the administration. Just so, no one doubts the Kremlin would've been livid if its *original* Team Trump liaison—Flynn—had been kept off the administration by Christie.

6/ So a likely Russian agent meets Trump to talk administration personnel issues on November 9 or 10, at a time the Kremlin would've been *livid* about any whispered news Christie planned to nix Flynn and/or take Sessions' natural spot (AG).

The next day, Kushner fires Christie.

7/ It seems clear the Kremlin knew Banks and Trump would talk personnel—Russia's man in London was primed to ask Banks about personnel when they met the day after Christie's firing. So who was at the Banks meeting? Did Banks pass a message from his/Trump's mutual Kremlin friends?

8/ I think the chances that Putin had a say in Christie's firing—that it wasn't simply about Kushner's daddy issues (Christie prosecuted Jared' dad)—just went up 500%. Banks was well placed to be sending along to Trump Russian angst over Christie's handling of Sessions and Flynn.

9/ We *know* Flynn became Trump's point man with Russia as soon as he was brought aboard the transition—which happened immediately after Christie was fired—so had Christie been successful in keeping Flynn off the transition, the Kremlin would've lost much of its access to Trump.
    Last edited by 57Brave; 07-01-2018 at 10:51 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    10/ But we also know something else: that Russia's *second* point man during the transition was Jared Kushner, the man who fired Christie. Within four weeks of firing Christie, Kushner had already had *two* clandestine, face-to-face Trump Tower meetings with top Kremlin agents.
    11 replies 556 retweets 1,551 likes

11/ So Russia's Western ambassadors were worried—on November 12—about the roles Sessions (campaign sanctions chief) and Flynn (Trump's behind-the-scenes NatSec chief, with Sessions playing that role in public) would play in January '17. So guess what else Kushner did in November?

12/ That's right—we know that Kushner called Sergey Kislyak by phone in November. What do you want to bet that the call was in part to quell Russian fears that Trump would, by his personnel decisions, signal a reneging on his commitment to drop all sanctions against the Russians?
    9 replies 368 retweets 1,243 likes

13/ We know, certainly, that Flynn was hand-holding the Russians during the transition; that Flynn and Kushner both attended secret meetings with Russians in December 2016; and that Trump did indeed spend the transition planning to drop Russia sanctions as soon as he took office.

14/ I think—and I think that Mueller likely thinks—that the Kushner-hates-Christie story for Christie's firing was a cover story. The decision was actually made by Trump in consultation with Russian agents, and had everything to do with installing Sessions as AG and Flynn as NSA.

15/ And what has Trump said of Sessions? That he made him AG because he thought Sessions would end any Russia investigation. And why would he think that? Because Sessions was secretly and illegally negotiating sanctions during the campaign and Trump made him AG *because* of that.
    Last edited by 57Brave; 07-01-2018 at 10:52 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    PS/ Some of you may wonder, then, why Sessions took the job? And then recused himself? The answer is simple—and underscores why Trump hates him. By taking the job and recusing, Sessions got AG—his dream—while having an excuse to not commit additional (and serious) federal crimes.

PS2/ By recusing himself, Sessions retained the option of cooperating with those investigating Trump—if necessary—to avoid indictment. After all, Sessions' illegal sanctions negotiations during the campaign were likely less serious offenses than those Trump wanted from him as AG.

PS3/ Republicans have long said Logan Act violations—illegally negotiating US policy with a foreign power with lacking the color of authority to do so—aren't serious offenses. Meanwhile, Trump wanted Sessions to engage in the gravest acts of Obstruction in U.S. political history.

PS4/ Whatever one thinks of Christie, nobody thinks he'd be willing to do something which—as it turned out—even a scoundrel like Sessions wasn't willing to do. But the idea that *only Kushner was concerned about this* is *laughable*. Trump was concerned about it—and so was Putin.

PS5/ What this means is that the November 9 or 10 (2016) Trump Tower meeting with Banks that we *know Trump himself was at*—but don't yet know who *else* attended—may turn out to be an *even more critical* Trump-Russia contact than the Mayflower, RNC, and Trump Jr. meetings. /end
    Last edited by 57Brave; 07-01-2018 at 10:55 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Lotta "we know"s and connected dots

Seth Abramson
    ‏Verified account @SethAbramson

(THREAD) Today we may have learned something *very* significant about the role

Chris Christie played—or, rather, didn't play—in the Trump-Russia conspiracy.

And remarkably, we learned what we did from a NYT story that wasn't about

Christie at all. I hope you'll read on and share.

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    So 57, your tin foil hat is supercharged?

Got it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    I thought you quit the board cause someone was mean to you ?

Glad you are back and thought otherwise.
    But,
    Never saw what they said --- makes me wonder if they said you were ... nah

as far as the tin foil hat --- ever read where these people are going and who they are targeting ?
    You do realize, should your ancestral claims be valid, your day is coming --- you get that, right ?

Let me give you a hint, they dont want to protect your health insurance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Michael Flynn sentencing , that hinges on how much and of what value his testimony, is next week

Cohen changing lawyers signals a shift in attitude / cooperation.
    Reports BuzzFeed

We have conspicuous absences now that the rubber is about to meet the road.

Three associates of President Donald Trump have indicated that Trump may have known about the June 2016 meeting at Trump Tower involving top campaign officials and two Russian lobbyists.

Trump's former lawyer Michael Cohen, his personal defense attorney Rudy Giuliani, and his former campaign aide Sam Nunberg have all either declined to back up Trump's claim that he did not know about the meeting or explicitly suggested he knew about it in advance.

The meeting, Trump's knowledge of it, and any efforts to conceal its purpose are areas of focus for the special counsel Robert Mueller.

http://www.businessinsider.com/did-t...meeting-2018-7

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    The Associated Press
    ‏Verified account @AP

Internal records show that Konstantin Kilimnik, indicted for alleged witness

tampering along with President Donald Trump's ex-campaign chairman Paul Manafort,

played a bigger role formulating pro-Russia strategy with Manafort than previously understood.

Tom Nichols
    ‏Verified account @RadioFreeTom

Tom Nichols Retweeted The Associated Press

The Trump campaign was penetrated and compromised,

and the only question is whether the candidate knew it, learned of it,

approved of it, tried to cover it up, or some combination of all these.

Obvious a year ago and even more obvious now to all

but the most dogged apologists

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    The legal saga of former Trump campaign chairman Pavel Manafartov took another turn Wednesday as Eastern District of Virginia (EDVA) Judge T.S. Ellis has denied his bid to stay put at the jail he is currently residing at. Instead, he will be moved from a jail in Warsaw, Va. to the Alexandria Detention Center.

Manafartov’s attorneys expressed concerns later Tuesday that moving him from Northern Neck Regional Jail to Alexandria would put their client’s safety in jeopardy. Ellis’ response? Don’t worry, they know how to handle terrorists (foreign and domestic), traitors and spies — and, also, you haven’t specified any threats to Manafartov’s safety.

“Defense counsel has filed a motion opposing [Manafartov’s] transfer from Northern Neck to Alexandria, despite having just complained about the defendant being housed at Northern Neck,” he began. “In the motion, defense counsel states that ‘issues of distance and inconvenience must yield to concerns about [Manafartov’s] safety and, more importantly, the challenges he will face in adjusting to a new place of confinement and the changing circumstances.'”

“However, defense counsel has not identified any general or specific threat to defendant’s safety,” he continued. “They have not done so, because the professionals at Alexandria Detention Center are very familiar with housing high-profile defendants, including foreign and domestic terrorists, spies and traitors."

subtle subtle

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    It's probably worth underscoring that the President's former campaign manager is currently facing multiple felony charges, and doing so from the inside of a cell because he violated the terms of his bail by collaborating with a Russian intelligence asset to suborn perjury and tamper with witnesses.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    So. I'm interested to hear what the DNC hack truthers make of today's indictments.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    So Guccifer 2.0 was GRU. What a surprise. And I wonder who directed those GRU officers in their work. And I wonder how Mifsud came to have knowledge about the damaging emails.

"I am your retribution."

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Got the Call to Lynchburg
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    So Guccifer 2.0 was GRU. What a surprise. And I wonder who directed those GRU officers in their work. And I wonder how Mifsud came to have knowledge about the damaging emails.
    I'm sure that evidence will be manufactured and leaked at the most strategic opportunity. Certainly not at discovery however.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    Collusion occurred in broad daylight.

We will find out in due course exactly how much Mr. Trump and others in his campaign knew about the hacking operations.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    From today's indictment: On or about March 21, 2016, LUKASHEV, YERMAKOV. and their co-conspirators stole the contents of the chairman's [Podesta] account, which consisted of over 50,000 emails.

From the Papadopoulos statement of offense: On or about April 26, 2016, Professor Mifsud told Papadopoulos that on a recent trip to Moscow he had been told that "the Russians have dirt on her...they have thousands of emails."

"I am your retribution."