Page 56 of 583 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106156556 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 11642

Thread: Russia Collusion Scandal (aka A Leftist fantasy)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    thethe, it's fine to criticize ABC for this, but damn...have some self-awareness.

A Fox News investigative reporter straight-up fabricated a story saying that Seth Rich had given DNC emails to Wikileaks. She apparently invented the quotes that she attributed to her source which the story was based on. FNC retracted the story (though not on air) but did not suspend the "reporter" or issue any kind of apology.

It was not an unprofessional mistake made in an effort to be first. It was not getting burned by not shoring up a hinky source. She apparently just made it up, with no repercussions.

So, two news stories, two egregious mistakes (or not, as the case may be). You're complaining about one, but you're actually in here posting in support of the phony conclusion made in the other.
    One almost tanked the market for the day and one was mostly ignored. Yeah - Kind of a big difference.

Also - The Seth Rich story has some legs after what Brazille wrote in her book. I know it completely debunks the Russia collusion so the globalists have used their full power to shut it down.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chop2chip View Post
    I don’t see why any Trump supporter should trust any media overage of Trump at this point. Some of that cynicism may be unwarranted, but much of it isn’t.
    Exactly this. As has been shown countless times, even corroborated by Jimmy Carter, the media has been absurdly unfair to Trump. There better be a smoking gun that Trump colluded or else we will see unrest this country hasn't seen for 150+ years.
    Natural Immunity Croc

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Maybe it’s just me, but I’ve always held the ‘Big 3’ to a different journalistic standard than Fox News or MSNBC.
    I can't really speak to that, but isn't MSNBC just some daytime newsie talking heads and prime time opinion shows grafted onto the NBC news operation?

Whatever the case, the Brian Ross thing was pretty turrible.

Funny that we have such high standards for journalists and such low standards for elected officials these days.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    One almost tanked the market for the day and one was mostly ignored. Yeah - Kind of a big difference.

Also -The Seth Rich story has some legs after what Brazille wrote in her book. I know it completely debunks the Russia collusion so the globalists have used their full power to shut it down.
    No, it does not.

And yes, you're right. There is a difference. Several, in fact.

I get that the ABC screwup was significant (in terms of the news cycle) and embarrassing. Still, it was corrected in hours. Neither you nor I believe that the erroneous component of the story is true. It caused some fluttering heartbeats for a while, and was serious enough that the organization apologized and the reporter was suspended. But what isn't disputed is that Flynn pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI and is now cooperating with the investigation. Whatever the import of that, it's real and potentially significant. The Trump/Russia story is real, even though none of us knows where it's going to land.

The Seth Rich narrative is not real, but is also significant. There is no valid reason to believe that he leaked DNC data, or that he was killed by a shadowy deep state Clintonista cabal. It's significant because it has been propped up by bad-faith actors from Fox to Julian Assange in order to undercut the idea that Russia hacked the DNC and sought to influence the election. It's a weaponized falsehood, and your saying that it was "mostly ignored" rings kind of hollow considering that you post about it and discuss it as if it has real credibility.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

57Brave (12-03-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    No, it does not.

And yes, you're right. There is a difference. Several, in fact.

I get that the ABC screwup was significant (in terms of the news cycle) and embarrassing. Still, it was corrected in hours. Neither you nor I believe that the erroneous component of the story is true. It caused some fluttering heartbeats for a while, and was serious enough that the organization apologized and the reporter was suspended. But what isn't disputed is that Flynn pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI and is now cooperating with the investigation. Whatever the import of that, it's real and potentially significant. The Trump/Russia story is real, even though none of us knows where it's going to land.

The Seth Rich narrative is not real, but is also significant. There is no valid reason to believe that he leaked DNC data, or that he was killed by a shadowy deep state Clintonista cabal. It's significant because it has been propped up by bad-faith actors from Fox to Julian Assange in order to undercut the idea that Russia hacked the DNC and sought to influence the election. It's a weaponized falsehood, and your saying that it was "mostly ignored" rings kind of hollow considering that you post about it and discuss it as if it has real credibility.
    Do you know how many real dollars were lost by investors in that one day. It's a zero sum game so one person's lost is another gain but there were tens if millions of people impacted worldwide because of this obvious fake news report.

Sweep seth rich under the rug all you want but brazille words were powerful unless of course you think she made that all up.
    Last edited by thethe; 12-03-2017 at 08:09 AM.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    Isn't that a great big part of the problem? Most Dems don't hold MSNBC to any sort of standard, and most Repubs don't hold Fox to any sort of standard. Both of these sources, CNN too for that matter, talk radio, far left websites and so on, mislead millions of people every day and it just doesn't seem like many (if any) people really even care, as long as they kept getting fed the nonsense they already believed they stay deluded.
    I think it’s problematic insofar as the medium has essentially digressed from news interlaced with opinion to opinion interlaced with entertainment. And that can be blamed, at least partially, on the evolution of the Internet and social media and how these organizations/productions compete for viewers (read: ad buys). I do believe that the construction of the media sphere in the United States has some positives - there certainly isn’t a void where antithetical opinions go to die. Although, conversely, the very real existence of this partisan vacuum when it comes to the ‘exchange’ of ideas, news, and information definitely casts a worrisome pallor over it all.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Funny that we have such high standards for journalists and such low standards for elected officials these days.
    I think there's such a thing as an objectively good journalist.

Politicians, on the other hand? Subjectivity for days.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    I get that the ABC screwup was significant (in terms of the news cycle) and embarrassing. Still, it was corrected in hours. Neither you nor I believe that the erroneous component of the story is true. It caused some fluttering heartbeats for a while, and was serious enough that the organization apologized and the reporter was suspended.
    Well, first it was "clarified" ... then, later, "corrected" ... and, finally, today ABC "apologized". But, to my knowledge, didn't retract the story. Which is fitting cherry on top of a case of curious weirdness. Especially as it relates to Ross and a pattern of obscenely dubious reporting.

Nevertheless, back to Seth Rich (which is actually far more entertaining).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    I'd love for someone to read what Brazille wrote and then say the Seth Rich murder is much ado about nothing with a straight face.
    Last edited by thethe; 12-03-2017 at 07:33 AM.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Well, first it was "clarified" ... then, later, "corrected" ... and, finally, today ABC "apologized". But, to my knowledge, didn't retract the story. Which is fitting cherry on top of a case of curious weirdness. Especially as it relates to Ross and a pattern of obscenely dubious reporting.

Nevertheless, back to Seth Rich (which is actually far more entertaining).
    Don't forget that Ross got a HUGE penalty with an early Christmas vacation. ABC takes this stuff seriously.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Anyone want to pretend this investigation isn't biased at all? Just normal course of operations?
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    But what isn't disputed is that Flynn pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI and is now cooperating with the investigation. .

this
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    Anyone want to pretend this investigation isn't biased at all? Just normal course of operations?
    Hold the **** up, you mean to tell me an American citizen had an opinion on the 2016 election that he shared with someone he was being intimate with?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    Those are strong words from a President that lies to the American people almost daily in the most grandiose ways imagineable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    A better direct analogue may be the Bret Baier story right before the election about imminent HRC indictments.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

mqt (12-03-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    The President's tweet yesterday seemed to indicate that he was aware that Flynn had lied to the FBI when he asked Comey to let it go.

Then we hear that, supposedly, one of his lawyers drafted the tweet (typos and all).

IMO they are going to fight like hell to undermine and kill the Mueller investigation because there is no way this guy is going to be able to handle it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    The President's tweet yesterday seemed to indicate that he was aware that Flynn had lied to the FBI when he asked Comey to let it go.

Then we hear that, supposedly, one of his lawyers drafted the tweet (typos and all).

IMO they are going to fight like hell to undermine and kill the Mueller investigation because there is no way this guy is going to be able to handle it.
    I will never cease to be amazed with the seemingly incriminating evidence the President accidentally blurts out.

Last edited by mqt; 12-03-2017 at 09:38 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mqt View Post
    Hold the **** up, you mean to tell me an American citizen had an opinion on the 2016 election that he shared with someone he was being intimate with?
    Yeah - Holding these types of strong views in our highly charged political environment doesn't impair the integrity of one of the most important investigations in our nations history. Nothing at all to see here.
    Natural Immunity Croc