Page 398 of 583 FirstFirst ... 298348388396397398399400408448498 ... LastLast
Results 7,941 to 7,960 of 11642

Thread: Russia Collusion Scandal (aka A Leftist fantasy)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,974 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    The intent is key when discussing obstruction. There was no underlying crime. Therefore, there can be no obstruction.

Its over.

Move on.
    Not that I care, but you are absolutely wrong here. There doesn't have to be a crime in order for someone to be guilty of obstruction. If you interfere with an investigation, that is absolutely obstruction, regardless what the investigation eventually determines.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    and lets be clear about something

Nixon was not impeached and forced to resign for participation in break in of the Watergate complex. As Clinton was not impeached over Whitewater
    so,
    like I said, Trump is not out of the woods by a long shot.

This will be an interesting week
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    Not that I care, but you are absolutely wrong here. There doesn't have to be a crime in order for someone to be guilty of obstruction. If you interfere with an investigation, that is absolutely obstruction, regardless what the investigation eventually determines.
    The underlying crime gives credence to intent.

Trump did not obstruct justice because he wanted an end to an investigation that would ultimately implicate him. He wanted an end to it because it was a hoax and innocent people were devastated by it.
    Natural Immunity Croc

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,974 Posts
    The underlying crime gives credence to intent.

Trump did not obstruct justice because he wanted an end to an investigation that would ultimately implicate him. He wanted an end to it because it was a hoax and innocent people were devastated by it.
    You are doing nothing but regurgitating Fox News.

Obstruction of justice is pretty clear about what it is. Whether he did it or not is tbd, but "intent" is irrelevant. If he interfered with the investigation, he is guilty of obstruction.

And, again, I don't really care, though obviously I would prefer if the POTUS weren't involved in criminal activity.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    You are doing nothing but regurgitating Fox News.

Obstruction of justice is pretty clear about what it is. Whether he did it or not is tbd, but "intent" is irrelevant. If he interfered with the investigation, he is guilty of obstruction.

And, again, I don't really care, though obviously I would prefer if the POTUS weren't involved in criminal activity.
    Ive actually watched msnbc exlusively today because its much more entertaining and numerous lawyers have made that argument today and it was stressed by Barr in his memo.

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Those on the Left just move on.

The more you get mad like when Kankles loss, the more the idiots on the Right will vote for the moron in charge.

It is sour grapes and nothing to gain by it.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,974 Posts
    Ive actually watched msnbc exlusively today because its much more entertaining and numerous lawyers have made that argument today and it was stressed by Barr in his memo.
    Barr said no such thing. He literally said they could not conclude if a crime was committed but it did not exonerate him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Barr said no such thing. He literally said they could not conclude if a crime was committed but it did not exonerate him.
    You are wrong - Read the report but mainly this portion:

In making this determination, we noted that the Special Counsel recognized that “the evidence does not establish that the President was involved in an underlying crime related to Russian election interference," and that, while not determinative, the absence of such evidence bears upon the President's intent with respect to obstruction. Generally speaking, to obtain and sustain an obstruction conviction, the government would need to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that a person, acting with corrupt intent, engaged in obstructive conduct with a sufficient nexus to a pending or contemplated proceeding. In cataloguing the President's actions, many of which took place in public view, the report identifies no actions that, in our judgment, constitute obstructive conduct, had a nexus to a pending or contemplated proceeding, and were done with corrupt intent, each of which, under the Department's principles of federal prosecution guiding charging decisions, would need to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt to establish an obstruction-of-justice offense.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,974 Posts
    You are wrong - Read the report but mainly this portion:

In making this determination, we noted that the Special Counsel recognized that “the evidence does not establish that the President was involved in an underlying crime related to Russian election interference," and that, while not determinative, the absence of such evidence bears upon the President's intent with respect to obstruction. Generally speaking, to obtain and sustain an obstruction conviction, the government would need to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that a person, acting with corrupt intent, engaged in obstructive conduct with a sufficient nexus to a pending or contemplated proceeding. In cataloguing the President's actions, many of which took place in public view, the report identifies no actions that, in our judgment, constitute obstructive conduct, had a nexus to a pending or contemplated proceeding, and were done with corrupt intent, each of which, under the Department's principles of federal prosecution guiding charging decisions, would need to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt to establish an obstruction-of-justice offense.
    I don't think you quite understand just what is being said here.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Carp For This Useful Post:

goldfly (03-24-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    A judgment of not enough evidence was rendered because he is The President. Ultimately, the Justice Dept. protected Trump and the institution. Mueller chose not to discipline the spoiled, out of control child President.

I'm disappointed but not surprised. And I disagree with the obstruction judgment. DJT's every move and comment about this investigation has been obstructionist. He should've been subpoenaed or at least questioned under oath. Trump's behavior has been far over the line and I assume will continue to be.
    Last edited by Runnin; 03-25-2019 at 07:21 AM.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    I don't think you quite understand just what is being said here.
    So refute my point on intent weighing in the validity of obstruction charges then based on what Barr wrote

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,757 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post

I'm disappointed but not surprised.
    You're disappointed our President didnt commit treason with a foreign adversary controlling him the last two years?

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Its a total exoneration. No conspiracy which leads into no obstruction.

Just like with flynn it this was all an obstruction trap and people see through it now.

I hope the dems in the house are dumb enough to try and inpeach.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    "The Special Counsel states that 'while this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him,'" Attorney General William Barr wrote
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    "The Special Counsel states that 'while this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him,'" Attorney General William Barr wrote
    If this is your basis then are you concluding that conspiracy/coordination didnt happen?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,757 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    I legitimately feel sad for people who think tonight's news is bad for Trump

Yall are embarrassing yourselves even further which is nearly unimaginable that that is possible

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    I legitimately feel sad for people who think tonight's news is bad for Trump

Yall are embarrassing yourselves even further which is nearly unimaginable that that is possible
    At least we will always have this thread to show how willing prople were to push this hoax.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,757 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    i'm glad the patriot Mueller did his job

i hope we get to read his whole report soon

too bad the embarrassment in the white house called it a witch hunt

love the pivot of "witch hunt" to vindication though for he and his disciples of followers