Page 337 of 583 FirstFirst ... 237287327335336337338339347387437 ... LastLast
Results 6,721 to 6,740 of 11642

Thread: Russia Collusion Scandal (aka A Leftist fantasy)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    speaking of compromised:

Before the lies, why didn't Trump Campaign report they were contacted by Russians ?

makes one wonder what clues are hidden in those tax returns and where those clues lead

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    speaking of compromised:

Before the lies, why didn't Trump Campaign report they were contacted by Russians ?

makes one wonder what clues are hidden in those tax returns and where those clues lead
    remember the initial FBI investigation was initiated to protect the Trump campaign against the Russians

then to their horror they discovered that the Trump campaign welcomed it and was doing it's own reaching out

since then we have been treated to a string of lies and strenuous denials

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    The Ineptitude of Donald Trump’s Co-Conspirators

By Adam Davidson, December 8, 2018, The New Yorker

It is no longer journalistically sound to report on the Trump investigation as if it is a matter that may, or may not, yield damning information about the President. In a series of filings that came Friday night, the office of the special counsel, Robert Mueller, and a separate group of federal prosecutors in the Southern District of New York, laid out evidence that, taken together, leaves little doubt that Donald Trump sought to use his candidacy to enrich himself by approving a plan to curry political favor from Vladimir Putin in exchange for a lucrative real-estate opportunity.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,941 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    1) impeached by house
    2) not convicted by senate
    3) not re-elected
    4) convicted of multiple crimes upon leaving office
    I don't know if he'll be impeached unless there is a real smoking gun. I tend to believe it will continue to be the "drip . . . drip . . . drip" scenario you have described. Pelosi is in a bit of a tough spot because she doesn't want to overreach and give the Rs the "this is what you were planning to do all along" bloody shirt. Impeachment could make Trump a sympathetic figure and rile his base to an extent that it wouldn't be good for anyone.

If there is any kind of economic downturn prolonged or otherwise, I think Trump is in trouble. The tax cuts provided a short-term boost to the economy, but I think the stock market rally has largely been fueled by the stock buybacks that were enabled by the corporate tax cut. I don't see the long term outlook for some of Trump's base to improve that much, as we've witnessed with GM's decision. Trump isn't to blame for that per se, but the President is rarely directly to blame for what happens in the business cycle but often suffers the consequences.

As for future prosecution, who knows? It's pretty obvious to me that hell has never vomited a more damned lot than this group of facile grifters, but that doesn't mean any of them will face the legal music.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    I will donate to the Democrat nominee if he/she/it uses the "because you'd be in prison" line on Trump at some point. You just know Trump will throw a temper tantrum saying that he/she/it is so mean to him and its unprecrdented to say that about a presidential nominee.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to cajunrevenge For This Useful Post:

50PoundHead (12-11-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Thomas Clay Jr
    10 hrs ·

Since Friday, the entire discourse on television has changed. Legitimate media has changed in that they have changed the way they are talking. These charges out of the SDNY mean that Trump is an unindicted co-conspirator. His own Justice Department has said Trump is a felon. There is no escaping this truth. But what has the punditry crashing into reality is the redacted portions of Mueller's briefs. Those are sorta problems like a cancer diagnosis.

But it's not just the legitimate media who has changed, the righties are beginning to see that Trump is indeed on his way to impeachment and removal from office. I have predicted everything to do with Mueller with accuracy using basic deductive reasoning and experience with the kind of people who are federal prosecutors. I rarely say I am certain of anything I don't have control over but I know our justice system pretty well. I mention this so you get some of the gravitas of what I am about to say.

Unless he flees the country -which I suspect he may- Trump is going to die in prison, full stop.

That isn't easy for me to say but I am now *certain* this is what is coming after the Butina revelations today in the Daily Beast and ABC News. I am also almost certain how Mueller is going to accomplish this.

Many of you doubters have not come to the realization that nobody has ever defeated Washington. Not the British. Not the Southern traitors. Not the Germans. Not the Japanese. Not the La Cosa Nostra. I can tell you with absolute certainty the most terrifying thing to anyone even remotely familiar with our justice system is an indictment saying, 'The United States of America versus *YOUR NAME*. Federal prosecutors have unlimited resources to put you in prison and US Attorneys have a better than 95% conviction rate. ALL lawyers know they do not **** around the way state prosecutors do. The feds mean business and everyone knows it.

Bobby Three Sticks is another matter altogether. Not only is he known for prosecuting cases where others failed like with John Gotti, he has a 100% conviction rate. He has not once lost a case. Mueller has convicted everyone in the Trump campaign he has brought charges against just as he did with Gotti. We all know he is not only working still, but he has multiple cases in the works from his multiple briefs. Now we know Marina Butoni is not only going to plead guilty Wednesday, she's also cooperating with Mueller. Mueller wouldn't offer her a plea deal if she had nothing to offer.

Friday her Russian 'partner' Alexandre Torshin suddenly retired from being a governor on the same Russian bank which Trump signed a letter of intent for his Moscow hotel deal. Torshin was unable to comment on his sudden retirement because nobody has seen him and he isn't answering calls. Strange he 'retires' 3 days before the announcement that Marina Butoni has struck a deal with Robert Mueller. If you believe in coincidences like that then you're a very useful idiot.

There can be no doubt now that Mueller has Trump. As I mentioned back in March, Mueller is looking to make history and he will do exactly that. After seeing what happened last week and this week, I know his plan to take Trump down and it is as beautiful as it is devastating.

Mueller is going to file his report when he finishes indicting the family. When he presents his findings, there will be numerous impeachable offenses which he will provide all of the evidence for. This evidence *will* convert senate Republicans into new constitutional purists. The same people now saying nothing will happen to Trump are the same kind of people who said Republicans will never abandon Nixon only they did abandon Nixon when they heard the tape from April 23rd. Only 4 stayed with Nixon. He announced his resignation the next day after Goldwater told him it was over.

That day is coming for Trump. I believe now what Mueller will do to ensure that Trump will not evade justice with a pardon is wait until Trump is no longer president which is also coming sooner rather than later. If he makes it to July, I will be very surprised. He cannot pardon himself nor can Pence unless there are charges already filed. When Trump does leave office, Mueller will immediately take him into custody. If Pence dares to pardon him, it will lead to his impeachment. Mueller will file one charge against Trump to see if Pence is as dumb as Spiro Agnew was. He could very well deliver Pence's political coffin by including crimes he has committed in his report and take both Pence and Trump out but that seems less likely as of now but there is much more to come this week.

Any charge Mueller brings against Trump will include crimes which carry 20 years in prison. Trump will be the first president to go to prison if he does not flee to Switzerland. I am not one to read the National Review ever but this is a very good sober piece which is trying to get Republicans familiar with facts again because the facts which Trump has so assiduously hidden are going to take him down.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Runnin For This Useful Post:

DaneHill (12-14-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Republicans Must Reject ‘Russia Hoax’ Conspiracies and Examine the Evidence The National Review

Btw, this sentence from the Cohen memo seems rather problematic for T:

“According to Mueller, Michael Cohen was contacted shortly after Trump declared his candidacy, in November 2015, by a ‘trusted person’ in the Russian government who could offer the campaign ‘political synergy’ and ‘synergy on a government level.’”
    Last edited by Runnin; 12-11-2018 at 09:00 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts

14. The Following User Says Thank You to 57Brave For This Useful Post:

Runnin (12-14-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    If its proven the Trump campaign soliticited or accepted Russias propoganda campaign in the election heads need to roll. Not just Trump but there needs to be serious investigations into all these Republicans who have attempted to obstruct the investigation. That means a lot of Congressmen including my boy Rand. No ones going to blame Trump for wanting Hillarys emails released, her use of a private email server was intended to shield them from freedom of information act requests.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    If its proven the Trump campaign soliticited or accepted Russias propoganda campaign in the election heads need to roll. Not just Trump but there needs to be serious investigations into all these Republicans who have attempted to obstruct the investigation. That means a lot of Congressmen including my boy Rand. No ones going to blame Trump for wanting Hillarys emails released, her use of a private email server was intended to shield them from freedom of information act requests.
    In terms of the laws that might have been violated, I think the most likely one is that individuals associated with the Trump campaign aided and abetted the Russians in a scheme to influence the elections (which included weaponizing stolen emails).

This might rise to conspiracy depending on how much coordination there was.

Finally, there is also the possibility that Mueller will be able to establish the Russians and campaign worked out a quid pro quo, which might or might not include payments and other financial inducements.

As of now, it looks to me that aiding and abetting is the more likely legal issue that will emerge from the case in chief.

But it should be added and emphasized that Trump and the people around him face legal jeopardy on matters other than the case in chief. Financial crimes, including laundering, that precede the campaign. Lying to Congress and law enforcement. Obstruction and abuse of power. Felony violations of campaign finance laws. Am I overlooking anything? It is a target rich environment both for law enforcement and Trump's political enemies.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 12-12-2018 at 10:18 AM.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    In terms of the laws that might have been violated, I think the most likely one is that individuals associated with the Trump campaign aided and abetted the Russians in a scheme to influence the elections (which included weaponizing stolen emails).

This might rise to conspiracy depending on how much coordination there was.

Finally, there is also the possibility that Mueller will be able to establish the Russians and campaign worked out a quid pro quo, which might or might not include payments and other financial inducements.

As of now, it looks to me that aiding and abetting is the more likely legal issue that will emerge from the case in chief.

But it should be added and emphasized that Trump and the people around him face legal jeopardy on matters other than the case in chief. Financial crimes, including laundering, that precede the campaign. Lying to Congress and law enforcement. Obstruction and abuse of power. Felony violations of campaign finance laws. Am I overlooking anything? It is a target rich environment both for law enforcement and Trump's political enemies.
    Lot's of big nothing burgers you're ordering there. The gratuity on your bill is going to be sky high.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Individual-1 View Post
    Lot's of big nothing burgers you're ordering there. The gratuity on your bill is going to be sky high.
    i need my cholesterol fix

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    It is worth noting that Mueller's team includes a lawyer who is fluent in Arabic.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/get-re...er&via=desktop

"I am your retribution."

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    It is worth noting that Mueller's team includes a lawyer who is fluent in Arabic.

Well, almost no sooner than I mentioned Elliot Broidy...

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Just tweeted. BIG if true.

Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    I think he is just misspelling Bitch.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts

Great, now Trumps going to complain the Mueller investigation is an Iranian conspiracy.

It’s over."

24. The Following User Says Thank You to cajunrevenge For This Useful Post:

The Chosen One (12-13-2018)