Page 335 of 583 FirstFirst ... 235285325333334335336337345385435 ... LastLast
Results 6,681 to 6,700 of 11642

Thread: Russia Collusion Scandal (aka A Leftist fantasy)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    The potential innocent explanations for Donald Trump’s behavior over the last two years have been steadily stripped away, piece by piece. Special counsel Robert Mueller and investigative reporters have uncovered and assembled a picture of a presidential campaign and transition seemingly infected by unprecedented deceit and criminality, and in regular—almost obsequious—contact with America’s leading foreign adversary.

https://www.wired.com/story/manafort...case-scenario/
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    why are you so interested in gambling today ?

All people asked for was an investigation - said investigation is on going.
    You might be right, the new AG could squash the entire office of Special Prosecutor and we will never know
    It is possible that Mueller can't "legally" make that case.
    Manafort Cohen etc might flip back
    Have to wait and see before there is a definitive answer
    And remember, common knowledge is Nixon was impeached for "Watergate" . When there is no mention of the breakin or his direct connection to the break in
    While at the same time, no one doubts his nod and wink involvement

The Shakespeare quote about killing the king ---
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    The charge of the Special Prosecutor is to investigate Russian Involvement in the 2016 election.
    As you know, as an officer f the court Mueller is bound by law to report any and all other crimes he comes across.
    thus Michael Cohen

The word "collusion" is not in his charge.
    The name Trump is not of his charge

A synonym for collusion or a form of collusion would be conspiracy --- yes ?

by no stretch am I a legal scholar but Cohen being instructed to meet with Russians, whether he did or not, qualifies as "conspiracy"
    Last edited by 57Brave; 12-08-2018 at 04:55 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    It is worth recalling this line from Rob Goldstone's email to Don Jr:

This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government's support for Mr. Trump.

In retrospect it is interesting to note that the support is for Mr. Trump. A different choice of words could have been made such as the Trump campaign. But the wording suggests it is one of several personal "gifts" to Trump. In light of the newly revealed timeline of the Sater and Cohen efforts regarding the Moscow Tower project, it is not too much of a stretch to see greasing the skids on getting the tower done (which would have netted Trump hundreds of millions) as the second part of "Russia's support for Mr. Trump." And it is not much more of a stretch to speculate about the third and fourth and fifth parts of this support.

And the Trump family, the Trump campaign, and the Trump organization were ready to play ball at every step. They have also lied every step of the way as various aspects of their dealings with the Russians have been revealed.

Even if no criminal finding is made, I think at the end of the day this is simply going to prove to be too politically devastating for him to survive (it will be bad enough that at some point enough Republicans will jump ship). And I wouldn't bet against a criminal finding being made.

From a purely partisan political point of view, I still think it is in the best interests of the Democrats to pursue a drip drip drip strategy and destroy him politically while leaving him in office to seek re-election. From a national interest perspective, the sooner he is eased out the better.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 12-08-2018 at 05:04 PM.

"I am your retribution."

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,756 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    The charge of the Special Prosecutor is to investigate Russian Involvement in the 2016 election.
    As you know, as an officer f the court Mueller is bound by law to report any and all other crimes he comes across.
    thus Michael Cohen

The word "collusion" is not in his charge.
    The name Trump is not of his charge

A synonym for collusion or a form of collusion would be conspiracy --- yes ?

by no stretch am I a legal scholar but Cohen being instructed to meet with Russians, whether he did or not, qualifies as "conspiracy"
    As I've said I think 100 times... I'm fine with the investigation and exposing the crimes of our government. Keep em coming.

As I've said now 101 times, I don't think Trump colluded with Russia to alter our election.

We'll see who is right... if evidence is presented, I'll admit that I was wrong.

But don't let that stop y'all from posting another gif of an ostrich.

I know the left doesn't need it anymore... but I still operate under "evidence is needed" to take action

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    As I've said I think 100 times... I'm fine with the investigation and exposing the crimes of our government.
    you've said the Mueller investigation was a witch hunt

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    As I've said I think 100 times... I'm fine with the investigation and exposing the crimes of our government. Keep em coming.

As I've said now 101 times, I don't think Trump colluded with Russia to alter our election.

We'll see who is right... if evidence is presented, I'll admit that I was wrong.

But don't let that stop y'all from posting another gif of an ostrich.

I know the left doesn't need it anymore... but I still operate under "evidence is needed" to take action
    You, Fox,Trump and the rest insist on using the term "collusion" as in "there is no collusion"

What to your mind would constitute collusion.
    I personally dont think I have ever used that term to specify a crime because that particular word does not specify a particular crime

again,
    What is "collusion" ????
    Last edited by 57Brave; 12-08-2018 at 05:23 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,756 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    You, Fox,Trump and the rest insist on using the term "collusion" as in "there is no collusion"

What to your mind would constitute collusion.
    I personally dont think I have ever used that term to specify a crime because that particular word does not specify a particular crime

again,
    What is "collusion" ????
    Well.. it's the name of this thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,756 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    you've said the Mueller investigation was a witch hunt
    I don't know if I've used that term... if I have then, fine.

It seems to me there are some political motivations behind the investigation.

I still content, if they had what they needed to take him down, we'd have heard it by now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    I don't know if I've used that term... if I have then, fine.

It seems to me there are some political motivations behind the investigation.

I still content, if they had what they needed to take him down, we'd have heard it by now.
    where is the political motivation coming from? Rosenstein?

I think you are misunderstanding Mueller's charge...his mandate is to produce a report on Russian interference and any interactions they might have had with people connected to the campaign

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,756 Posts
    where is the political motivation coming from? Rosenstein?

I think you are misunderstanding Mueller's charge...his mandate is to produce a report on Russian interference and any interactions they might have had with people connected to the campaign
    Sure.

If Trump colluded with a foreign enemy to alter our democracy... that's paramount to treason, no?

I'll bet that the final report shows no evidence of that happening.

I'll bet that y'all still believe it did.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Sure.

If Trump colluded with a foreign enemy to alter our democracy... that's paramount to treason, no?

I'll bet that the final report shows no evidence of that happening.

I'll bet that y'all still believe it did.
    treason has a very specific meaning in the Constitution having to do with "levying war" against the country

but in a broader sense the Trump campaign betrayed the country by collaborating with the Russians in undermining its democratic processes...at a minimum being aware of the Russians' activities and turning a blind eye to them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,709 Posts
    I think what will be proven is Russia helped Trump and Trump wanted and/or was happy to have the help but no direct collusion with Trump himself will be proven. Theres little reason why they would need to coordinate together.

That said I think there will be numerous felonies proven that Trump will face once he gets out of office. Nothing short of a dead girl or a live boy found in Trumps bed will get Republicans on board with impeachment and they hold the Senate till atleast 2020. Should Trump win reelection I expect Democrats will take the Senate and we would then see impeachment hearings almost immediately when the new Congress is in session.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    I think what will be proven is Russia helped Trump and Trump wanted and/or was happy to have the help but no direct collusion with Trump himself will be proven. Theres little reason why they would need to coordinate together.

That said I think there will be numerous felonies proven that Trump will face once he gets out of office. Nothing short of a dead girl or a live boy found in Trumps bed will get Republicans on board with impeachment and they hold the Senate till atleast 2020. Should Trump win reelection I expect Democrats will take the Senate and we would then see impeachment hearings almost immediately when the new Congress is in session.
    I think there are some financial crimes possibly involving laundering money for various Russians that will be problematic...that may come out when Ways and Means gets his tax returns rather than Mueller's report...it is a target rich environment for the Dems

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,756 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post

We'll see. Russians wanting one candidate to win over the other doesn't bother me at all. We do the same thing. I'd be concerned if Trump asked Russia to interfere and they worked together... there's no evidence this happened.

Meanwhile, on stuff that actually impacts our lives, Trump supports marijuana legalization and prison reform. I'd say those are two reasons alone I'm glad HRC didn't win.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    We'll see. Russians wanting one candidate to win over the other doesn't bother me at all. We do the same thing. I'd be concerned if Trump asked Russia to interfere and they worked together... there's no evidence this happened.

Meanwhile, on stuff that actually impacts our lives, Trump supports marijuana legalization and prison reform. I'd say those are two reasons alone I'm glad HRC didn't win.
    he asked WikiLeaks for help and probably knew they were working with the Russians...just because a crime happens in broad daylight doesnt mean it didnt happen

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,756 Posts
    he asked WikiLeaks for help and probably knew they were working with the Russians...just because a crime happens in broad daylight doesnt mean it didnt happen
    I think this is your longest stretch of many stretches.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,709 Posts
    The prison reform bill is a 0.5% step in the right direction. I will praise anything in the right direction but overall the Trump administration is still in the negative when it comes to positive reform of our broken criminal justice system.

Trump has only vaguely supported marijuana legalization. He has the power to end this madness anytime he wants with an executive order. Not going to give him any credit on this issue unless he actually does something.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    I'm saying there's no evidence he colluded with Russia.

I'm certain he's committed crimes. They all have. Trump has zero moral compass.

Investigate Obama's campaign for 2 years and I'm sure crimes will be found, lies will be told, etc.
    Thank you.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    I dont know what's illegal about trying to build a hotel in Moscow." Rand Paul

that's some high quality obtuseness