Page 86 of 583 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136186 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,720 of 11642

Thread: Russia Collusion Scandal (aka A Leftist fantasy)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    You mixed up your hats again. Are they the same color?
    I only wear 1 hat
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    I only wear 1 hat
    MAGA?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to thethe For This Useful Post:

Hawk (12-15-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,537 Posts
    MAGA?
    Cyrillic alphabet version

"I am your retribution."

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    The now fired (re-assigned to HR) FBI agent referenced an insurance policy in the event Trump got elected. This was after a meeting with 'Andy' (clearly a reference to McCabe).

The cynic would say the insurance policy could include the following:

1) Creating the Dossier
    2) Spying on Trump campaign associates
    3) Assassinating Trump

I'd love to know what the less cynical people have to say about this.
    For BB's benefit, this is the text:

I want to believe the path you threw out for consideration in Andy’s office [Andrew McCabe is the FBI deputy director and married to a Democratic Virginia State Senate candidate] for that there’s no way he gets elected—but I’m afraid we can’t take that risk. It’s like an insurance policy in the unlikely event you die before you’re 40 …
    So that's it. You can read scary intent into if you want to, or if you need to believe that kind of thing. Without more context, it's meaning is opaque. The big picture of the texts isn't flattering, but you really have to be filling in a lot of blanks for this to mean what you're suggesting.

So, at your request. One reading:
    We can't take the chance that Trump is elected so we must have an insurance policy in case it happens, so let's get cracking creating a way to undermine him.

Another:
    I'd like to believe that there's no way Trump can be elected but it's not worth gambling on even a slim chance of it happening.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (12-15-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post

So that's it. You can read scary intent into if you want to, or if you need to believe that kind of thing. Without more context, it's meaning is opaque. The big picture of the texts isn't flattering, but you really have to be filling in a lot of blanks for this to mean what you're suggesting.

We can't take the chance that Trump is elected so we must have an insurance policy in case it happens, so let's get cracking creating a way to undermine him.

Another:
    I'd like to believe that there's no way Trump can be elected but it's not worth gambling on even a slim chance of it happening.
    Again - What is that 'insurance policy'.

That is what has to be defined here and just because there is a lack of context doesn't mean we can't infer what it means. There is a clear trajectory of everything that happening the last 18 months. Leak/Fake News/FBI&DOJ working with Fusion GPS/etc...) These are all events meant to undermine a democratically elected president.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,537 Posts
    Again - What is that 'insurance policy'.

That is what has to be defined here and just because there is a lack of context doesn't mean we can't infer what it means. There is a clear trajectory of everything that happening the last 18 months. Leak/Fake News/FBI&DOJ working with Fusion GPS/etc...) These are all events meant to undermine a democratically elected president.
    plus the rumor he was born in Tijuana as donaldo...dirty pool if you ask me

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    plus the rumor he was born in Tijuana as donaldo
    It's nice that you have basically conceded this 'conspiracy' the right has been clamoring about is almost proven to be true.

Or of course you could just scream MUSLIM next time a fake news article is released.
    Natural Immunity Croc

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts

Another:

So what is the "it" in your opinion? And what position did this guy hold in the Mueller investigation?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,537 Posts
    It's nice that you have basically conceded this 'conspiracy' the right has been clamoring about is almost proven to be true.

Or of course you could just scream MUSLIM next time a fake news article is released.
    I connect dots

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BedellBrave View Post
    So what is it the "it" in your opinion? And what position did this guy hold in the Mueller investigation?
    Congress could subpoena his testimony I believe...but that would spoil the fun

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    I connect dots
    The dots people want you to believe exist.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,537 Posts
    The dots people want you to believe exist.
    I am a dots person myself

"I am your retribution."

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    I am a dots person myself
    Totally underrated candy.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hawk For This Useful Post:

goldfly (12-15-2017), nsacpi (12-15-2017), thethe (12-15-2017)

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    There is already one called "The Real Russia Scandal."

It's about Uranium One.
    Lol, I forgot
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BedellBrave View Post
    So what is the "it" in your opinion? And what position did this guy hold in the Mueller investigation?
    To answer that you have to begin by assuming that there is an "it." If he had said "Like an insurance policy" instead of "It's like.." then we aren't even having this conversation.

To continue with the non-nefarious reading of it: Not assuming that Trump will lose is like purchasing an insurance policy. Maybe it was in reference to career plans or life plans . . . the point is, we don't know, and it seems pointless to speculate without any context. If you or I had said to a friend "We can't afford to risk a Trump presidency," nobody blinks, unless we were considered to be dangerous or unstable or something. If the #2 Counterintelligence guy at the FBI says it, ears perk up, but it's certainly possible he meant it in exactly the same way that you or I would. If you're going to speculate about this, you can speculate with a pro- or anti-Trump spin. I'd prefer not to because I think this is a game. It may be damaging to the rep of the FBI and possibly to the investigation, but having seen the way this whole thing has panned out so far, I know which way I'd bet.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (12-15-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Congress could subpoena his testimony I believe...but that would spoil the fun
    Just like Trump could have easily done away with the unmasking hoo-ha and could still clear up any questions about the FISA warrants. Turns out that the scary, conspiratorial tone of the coverage was way more useful to his cause than the truth would have been. Unless and until there's more to go on, that's my assumption about that, too. That concept certainly can cut both ways in this process, so why not acknowledge it?

More transparency, across the board, is the best path forward.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    To answer that you have to begin by assuming that there is an "it." If he had said "Like an insurance policy" instead of "It's like.." then we aren't even having this conversation.

To continue with the non-nefarious reading of it: Not assuming that Trump will lose is like purchasing an insurance policy. Maybe it was in reference to career plans or life plans . . . the point is, we don't know, and it seems pointless to speculate without any context. If you or I had said to a friend "We can't afford to risk a Trump presidency," nobody blinks, unless we were considered to be dangerous or unstable or something. If the #2 Counterintelligence guy at the FBI says it, ears perk up, but it's certainly possible he meant it in exactly the same way that you or I would. If you're going to speculate about this, you can speculate with a pro- or anti-Trump spin. I'd prefer not to because I think this is a game. It may be damaging to the rep of the FBI and possibly to the investigation, but having seen the way this whole thing has panned out so far, I know which way I'd bet.
    If he said 'like an insurance policy' it makes no sense at all in any context.

Its obvious in PS eyes that Trump being president is a bad thing. You wouldn't take an insurance policy against a good thing. Therefore, he has this 'policy' in the event something bad happens. There is no way to dispute that there is something. You also have to marry this text with the other messages which said that he can do many things to protect the country. Those two are not necessarily out of line with each other.

You want to say that you prefer not to spin it as pro-trump / anti - trump but you clearly have no issue spinning the 'dots' as anti-trump. I just wish you would drop the facade of being objective on this FBI mess. Just come out and say you want to believe the FBI against Trump.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    It's not really a matter of what I want to believe. Even with my doubts and reservations about the FBI as an institution, if given the choice between ascribing credibility to the FBI (given its structure, oversight, and internal checks and balances) and to Donald Trump, "want" has nothing to do with it. I'll take the FBI.

I'm certainly not impartial, and I definitely have my ideas about what may have happened in 2016. But those ideas also include a number of scenarios that are ultimately exculpatory, though IMO embarrassing, for Trump. I think your take on these texts is hysterical and premature, and I'm trying to explain why, rather than just accusing you of making **** up.

If you're alleging a massive, multi-agency, multi-branch criminal conspiracy to sink Trump, the burden of proof falls rather on you to do more than wave around a couple of text messages and Fusion GPS. Given Manafort and Flynn and Kushner and Papadopoulos and the RNC platform and Junior and Cambridge Analytica and some well-documented lies about all of the above, I'd say the circumstantial case is far stronger for Trump campaign hinkiness, but that remains to be seen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    It's not really a matter of what I want to believe. Even with my doubts and reservations about the FBI as an institution, if given the choice between ascribing credibility to the FBI (given its structure, oversight, and internal checks and balances) and to Donald Trump, "want" has nothing to do with it. I'll take the FBI.

I'm certainly not impartial, and I definitely have my ideas about what may have happened in 2016. But those ideas also include a number of scenarios that are ultimately exculpatory, though IMO embarrassing, for Trump. I think your take on these texts is hysterical and premature, and I'm trying to explain why, rather than just accusing you of making **** up.

If you're alleging a massive, multi-agency, multi-branch criminal conspiracy to sink Trump, the burden of proof falls rather on you to do more than wave around a couple of text messages and Fusion GPS. Given Manafort and Flynn and Kushner and Papadopoulos and the RNC platform and Junior and Cambridge Analytica and some well-documented lies about all of the above, I'd say the circumstantial case is far stronger for Trump campaign hinkiness, but that remains to be seen.
    Of course there is more evidence of yrump collusion. That has been researched ad openly leaked to create the narrative (insurance).

Just now are we starting to get counter intelligence information out into the public. So why don't we catch up on the time frame and look what is more damaging.

Again, there is more evidence for the Obama justice department colluding with russia (since we now know every Russian is part of putin as per the dots ) than trump colluding.

All there is for trump is business relationships and a meeting with a lawyer that for all reports led to nothing. Howveer, we have the DOJ/FBI fed information directly from the Russians.

Which is more damning?
    Natural Immunity Croc