Page 138 of 583 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148188238 ... LastLast
Results 2,741 to 2,760 of 11642

Thread: Russia Collusion Scandal (aka A Leftist fantasy)

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    If the memo shows that the Dossier was used in obtaining the warrant then do you have any issues?
    If the dossier was solely relied upon to get a FISA warrant, I will be thouroughly surprised and would agree that it would necessitate further review.

For the record, I don't think that will be the case, and doubt that this memo would be the final word, in any case.

Finally, I challenge the notion that the entire investigation hangs on one FISA warrant application.

Fair?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

bravesnumberone (01-29-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    So I can't reference reporting anymore because you don't like it? Well, that is nice.
    Do what you feel.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Here you go;

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    If the dossier was solely relied upon to get a FISA warrant, I will be thouroughly surprised and would agree that it would necessitate further review.

For the record, I don't think that will be the case, and doubt that this memo would be the final word, in any case.

Finally, I challenge the notion that the entire investigation hangs on one FISA warrant application.

Fair?
    So I suppose this is your way of saying you are comfortable if it was used as a piece of evidence even though its clear that the FBI has not been able to confirm many material aspects of the Dossier?

The investigation only began because of this warrant. If it was shown that it was obtain through less than savory means then I'm not sure how that isn't a big issue. This is running down a slippery slope that I'm shocked that any of you can condone this. It helped your 'side' this time.
    Natural Immunity Croc

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    The Dossier was characterized by Comey himself as salacious and unverified. To this day we still don't have clarity on what aspects have been verified so we clearly do not know what the FBI was able to vet prior to obtaining the warrant.

I’m shocked someone actually thinks there’s something to the dossier. I thought everyone realized it was a joke

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Here you go;

Are you posting this as some sort of counter point to the narrative in the last page? How does this help you? If anything this is just another source that McCabe done ****ed up.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    I’m shocked someone actually thinks there’s something to the dossier. I thought everyone realized it was a joke
    There is a sprinkling of fact in there but nothing that comes close to rationale for investigating collusion. The whole memo is Trump did business with Russians/Italians that are connected to organized crime. Therefore, Putin.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    So I suppose this is your way of saying you are comfortable if it was used as a piece of evidence even though its clear that the FBI has not been able to confirm many material aspects of the Dossier?

The investigation only began because of this warrant. If it was shown that it was obtain through less than savory means then I'm not sure how that isn't a big issue. This is running down a slippery slope that I'm shocked that any of you can condone this. It helped your 'side' this time.
    What you're saying is that the investigation began because of a FISA warrant on Carter Page. Um, ok.

What I'm saying is that there's no reason to believe that information from the dossier, uncorroborated, was used as the basis of a FISC application. If it were, and the application were accepted, I think we'd have a problem.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Are you posting this as some sort of counter point to the narrative in the last page? How does this help you? If anything this is just another source that McCabe done ****ed up.
    No. I'm posting it because it's presumably reliable reporting on the topic, and indicates that McCabe had a reason to go that is presumably not flattering.

LOL "how does this help you?"

That says a lot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    What you're saying is that the investigation began because of a FISA warrant on Carter Page. Um, ok.

What I'm saying is that there's no reason to believe that information from the dossier, uncorroborated, was used as the basis of a FISC application. If it were, and the application were accepted, I think we'd have a problem.
    How is an indictment obtained on Flynn without the warrant?
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    No. I'm posting it because it's presumably reliable reporting on the topic, and indicates that McCabe had a reason to go that is presumably not flattering.

LOL "how does this help you?"

That says a lot.
    I'm assuming that you posted that as some sort of rebuttal as you have clearly been in the camp that McCabe and the FBI haven't done anything wrong. Sorry for assuming that trend was continuing.

Something is clearly off or else McCabe would not have been forced to step down. Call it what you will but a demotion for a career man like that is effectively saying get the eff out.
    Natural Immunity Croc

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,022 Posts
    Seth Abramson

Verified account

@SethAbramson
    9h9 hours ago

"I bet one element of the December 2016 FISA application to extend the surveillance warrant on Carter Page was his on-video confession at a Moscow conference that he had been (that week) talking with top Rosneft executives in Moscow—the same ones he earlier lied about speaking to.

Remember, the Steele Dossier alleged Page had been speaking to Rosneft executives about stock. Page claimed he hadn't been. He then conceded to Congress that was a lie. But worse, he went back to Moscow to talk to them *again*. I think the FISC would take serious note of that.

Why does it matter? Because when Rosenstein reauthorized the Page surveillance warrant, he likely had evidence from the surveillance relating to Page's December 2016 trip to Moscow, which confirmed Page was having clandestine contact with the same men the Dossier said he was.

In other words, Trump's plot to use Nunes' memo to get Mueller fired is going to backfire. All we'll end up with is significantly more information about how and why Trump hired a long-suspected Russian spy to join his national security team.

Trump is playing with fire here.

And to be clear, we're speaking of Rosenstein reauthorizing a warrant *application*, as any actual *warrant* has to be approved by a judge (in this case from the FISA court). So this was *not* Rod Rosenstein acting on his own, as Trump allies in the House would like to imply."

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Schiff once again in hysterics.

Can somebody get that man a tab of Xanax? Holy hell.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    I'm assuming that you posted that as some sort of rebuttal as you have clearly been in the camp that McCabe and the FBI haven't done anything wrong. Sorry for assuming that trend was continuing.

Something is clearly off or else McCabe would not have been forced to step down. Call it what you will but a demotion for a career man like that is effectively saying get the eff out.
    That's what I get for calling bull**** on unfounded Deep State conspiracies, I guess.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesnumberone View Post
    Seth Abramson

Verified account

@SethAbramson
    9h9 hours ago

"I bet one element of the December 2016 FISA application to extend the surveillance warrant on Carter Page was his on-video confession at a Moscow conference that he had been (that week) talking with top Rosneft executives in Moscow—the same ones he earlier lied about speaking to.

Remember, the Steele Dossier alleged Page had been speaking to Rosneft executives about stock. Page claimed he hadn't been. He then conceded to Congress that was a lie. But worse, he went back to Moscow to talk to them *again*. I think the FISC would take serious note of that.

Why does it matter? Because when Rosenstein reauthorized the Page surveillance warrant, he likely had evidence from the surveillance relating to Page's December 2016 trip to Moscow, which confirmed Page was having clandestine contact with the same men the Dossier said he was.

In other words, Trump's plot to use Nunes' memo to get Mueller fired is going to backfire. All we'll end up with is significantly more information about how and why Trump hired a long-suspected Russian spy to join his national security team.

Trump is playing with fire here.

And to be clear, we're speaking of Rosenstein reauthorizing a warrant *application*, as any actual *warrant* has to be approved by a judge (in this case from the FISA court). So this was *not* Rod Rosenstein acting on his own, as Trump allies in the House would like to imply."
    Gosh, this would be the most flimsy plot in the history of plots.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Schiff once again in hysterics.

Can somebody get that man a tab of Xanax? Holy hell.
    I doubt there's one to be had in town after the last two weeks in the HSIC.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    That's what I get for calling bull**** on unfounded Deep State conspiracies, I guess.
    Which you were obviously wrong about since McCabe was effectively fired for wrongdoing.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Does anybody think that Trump would dare to mention this tonight?

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,022 Posts
    Maybe, maybe not. If Wray forced him out, he owes the country an explanation as to exactly why.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesnumberone View Post
    Maybe, maybe not. If Wray forced him out, he owes the country an explanation as to exactly why.
    He read the memo - I think its pretty clear what he may have seen.
    Natural Immunity Croc