Page 142 of 583 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152192242 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,840 of 11642

Thread: Russia Collusion Scandal (aka A Leftist fantasy)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Wow...russia tried to influence the election? How'd they get that right? Seems so unlikely a world power would influence another world powers election.
    The claim in the dossier that the operation was authorized and supervised by Putin has been confirmed by U.S. intelligence. This conclusion by the Director of National Intelligence in a report released January 2017 confirmed something Steele wrote about more than six months earlier, with quite a bit of detail and citing multiple sources.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 01-30-2018 at 09:38 AM.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    The claim in the dossier that it was authorized and supervised by Putin has been confirmed by U.S. intelligence.
    Again...shocking information that Russia leader authorized that?

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,013 Posts
    Trump's own CIA director says Russia hasn't really slowed down in Europe and that it will target our midterm elections.

And Trump isn't going to enforce the bipartisan sanctions.

Easy to do the math here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesnumberone View Post
    Trump's own CIA director says Russia hasn't really slowed down in Europe and that it will target our midterm elections.

And Trump isn't going to enforce the bipartisan sanctions.

Easy to do the math here.
    I'm sure we don't interfere at all. Russia is a unique situation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,537 Posts
    There is one allegation in the Dossier I find interesting in light of recent information about Michael Cohen's role in paying hush money to Stormy Daniels. Which is that Cohen was tasked with seeing to it that the hackers were paid their hush money.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,731 Posts
    Putin had a personal grudge against Hillary. At the end of the day we will still be ruled by the Republicat party that will ignore the real problems they caused and pour gasoline on the dumpster fires that plague our country.

I also want to take this time to remind you that giving Gary Johnson air time on the RT network was considered trying to influence our elections. Anyone who sees it that way is no friend or ally of this country.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/emmaloop/th...71e#.txVVD7B80

Apparently he is the only one not being investigated but that seems to be because they forgot he existed lol.
    Last edited by cajunrevenge; 01-30-2018 at 10:08 AM.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts
    Interesting to me is thethe jumps on every tweet immediately that looks like a leak exposing the secret society deep state.

Mueller's team has been completely lip tight with no leaks. We're not finding out hes added speciality lawyers to his team until months after it happens. Were not finding out hes interviewed people from Trump's team until weeks after its alreadt happened. Its amazing that there's been no leaks from his team. And thethe automatically assumes it means there's no evidence they dont have anything they're just dragging it out.

Just amazing that thethe has already convinced himself there's nothing there because Mueller's team have not allowed any information to be leaked despite Nunes and Trump's people trying to find any possible way in.

Even better is thethe is convinced Trump has been playing 4d chess with Mueller all along. And we're always treated with his "you all have been played" and "you just wait" responses.
    Forever Fredi

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Yeah, I'm still pretty agnostic about the nature of what is there to be found, but the idea that there is nothingthere simply because the investigation is proceeding quietly is a tough sell in light of what's unfolded so far.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    Yeah, I'm still pretty agnostic about the nature of what is there to be found, but the idea that there is nothingthere simply because the investigation is proceeding quietly is a tough sell in light of what's unfolded so far.
    The increasingly shrill protestations of innocence and attempts to derail the investigation are also indicative.

"I am your retribution."

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    You don’t think there’s a chance it’s going so quietly because there’s nothing there? Someone, somewhere would leak a smoking gun if there was one

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    For someone that's so America First, one would think you'd hold a stronger view of America's vision of the world than Russia's. As it stands, I would hope we'd take a foreign threat committing cyber crimes to influence our elections seriously, as I'd expect other nations to take similar overtures by us seriously.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    You don’t think there’s a chance it’s going so quietly because there’s nothing there? Someone, somewhere would leak a smoking gun if there was one
    To be fair, if there's really a smoking gun, those with knowledge of it would have a pretty clear incentive to not leak it.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts
    You're so conditioned to seeing Trump tweet instantly and his followers "leaking" "smoking guns" every 5 minutes.

You cant fathom that someone as low key as Mueller who was a former FBI Director would run a tight ship.

When you're already ahead on the scoreboard theres no need to throw hail marys every down. Its ok to move the ball up the field progressively. Notice Trump and his surrogates like Nunes have been throwing hail marys every week, taking homerun cuts on every swing, and shooting from half court like time's expiring.
    Forever Fredi

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Fredi View Post
    You're so conditioned to seeing Trump tweet instantly and his followers "leaking" "smoking guns" every 5 minutes.

You cant fathom that someone as low key as Mueller who was a former FBI Director would run a tight ship.

When you're already ahead on the scoreboard theres no need to throw hail marys every down. Its ok to move the ball up the field progressively. Notice Trump and his surrogates like Nunes have been throwing hail marys every week, taking homerun cuts on every swing, and shooting from half court like time's expiring.

Nice sport analogies, but that’s your opinion of what’s happening. Here’s what I see:

A) Russia interferes, meddles in and hacks anything that can get their hands in throughout the world. China does the same. Hell the US probably does it too, to a lesser degree.

B) trump is a long time businessman. He’s been around the world and knows a lot of people. He’s done a lot of business with people and those people have done a lot of business with other people. So of course you can connect some dots that so and so spoke to so and so.

C) a lot of people (like you) hate trump and no matter what he does you’ll still think he’s the devil. trump derangement syndrome is real and you suffer from it big time.

D) trump is proamerica. He’s pro military. He doesn’t lay down like some other presidents. Why would Putin want a guy that would stand up to him and challenge him to lead his biggest rival? He wouldn’t.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,537 Posts
    Maybe it is a nothing burger. But more likely imo Flynn and Papadopoulos were given plea bargains because they have information relevant to the investigation on bigger fish. Ditto for Rick Gates if he is in fact offering to turn state's witness.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    Nice sport analogies, but that’s your opinion of what’s happening. Here’s what I see:

A) Russia interferes, meddles in and hacks anything that can get their hands in throughout the world. China does the same. Hell the US probably does it too, to a lesser degree.

B) trump is a long time businessman. He’s been around the world and knows a lot of people. He’s done a lot of business with people and those people have done a lot of business with other people. So of course you can connect some dots that so and so spoke to so and so.

C) a lot of people (like you) hate trump and no matter what he does you’ll still think he’s the devil. trump derangement syndrome is real and you suffer from it big time.

D) trump is proamerica. He’s pro military. He doesn’t lay down like some other presidents. Why would Putin want a guy that would stand up to him and challenge him to lead his biggest rival? He wouldn’t.
    This is where you guys always lose me. There's essentially zero question that Putin favored Trump to Clinton in the election. Regardless of whether or not you believe there to be a coordinated effort between Russia and the Trump campaign, it is obvious that Russian operatives are taking measures to boost Trump. We can debate all day why Putin might hold this position, but stating otherwise is insane given what we know.

For what it's worth, I feel Putin didn't actually want a Trump Presidency, but he saw an opportunity to sow discord in America and jumped at it by creating an environment favorable to a Trump victory.
    Last edited by mqt; 01-30-2018 at 11:16 AM.

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,013 Posts
    Doesn't address my point. Typical.

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mqt View Post
    This is where you guys always lose me. There's essentially zero question that Putin favored Trump to Clinton in the election. Regardless of whether or not you believe there to be a coordinated effort between Russia and the Trump campaign, it is obvious that Russian operatives are taking measures to boost Trump. We can debate all day why Putin might hold this position, but stating otherwise is insane given what we know.
    Whether or not the Russian efforts to aid Trump were done in good faith or as part of a strategy to sow chaos is irrelevant on this point. The fact is, they existed, and the Trump campaign was directly signaled that they existed.

The Trump campaign's response was to make pro-Russian and anti-NATO talking points part of their messaging, to the extent of putting them into his stump speech. Whatever you believe about official collusion or conspiracy, it's weird to deny these basic, observable facts.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    I don’t think anyone is denying a pro-Russia, anti-NATO platform. It’s the inference that Russia somehow guided this policy direction that’s drawing rebuke. Trump has railed on about NATO since the 1980s, and working with Russia, as opposed to markedly against them, even in spite of antagonistic election meddling, isn’t some far-flung concept.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawk For This Useful Post:

Jaw (01-30-2018)

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mqt View Post

For what it's worth, I feel Putin didn't actually want a Trump Presidency, but he saw an opportunity to sow discord in America and jumped at it by creating an environment favorable to a Trump victory.
    “Are taking”?