Page 344 of 583 FirstFirst ... 244294334342343344345346354394444 ... LastLast
Results 6,861 to 6,880 of 11642

Thread: Russia Collusion Scandal (aka A Leftist fantasy)

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    Paul Manafort made millions around the world by interpreting campaign data as did Karl rove - to name 2
    Why else would these toxic people be paid exurbanite amounts for an overstated skill

why was Manafort hired in the first place ?

Bear in mind, there were five targeted counties that swung the electoral college.
    Thinking the targeted data was key to those five being identified and how were they held in line.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/donald...-five-counties
    Paul Manafort most decidedly did not make his millions by 'interpreting campaign data'. He made it by selling access and acting as a kind of for-profit, unofficial diplomat.

He was hired to whip delegates at the convention and add structural legitimacy to the campaign.

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Paul Manafort most decidedly did not make his millions by 'interpreting campaign data'. He made it by selling access and acting as a kind of for-profit, unofficial diplomat.

He was hired to whip delegates at the convention and add structural legitimacy to the campaign.
    He was hired to whip delegates at the convention...then three months later he was elevated to chair the campaign. Seems like that’s relevant.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    He was hired to whip delegates at the convention...then three months later he was elevated to chair the campaign. Seems like that’s relevant.
    How so?

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Seems like elevating a guy with his particular skill set and Rolodex to the top spot kind of speaks for itself, no? You’re arguing about how many data angels can dance on the head of a pin, and perhaps you’re right, but it seems like rather an excercise that depends on missing the forest for the trees.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Speaks for itself in what way?

I don't understand what argument it is that you think I'm making.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    https://dailycaller.com/2019/01/10/f...ia-false-flag/

Since Nsacpi brought it up this is exactly what I am talking about when the left clutches its pearls over Russia but ignores other efforts by other organizations that i guess are considered american.

What Russia did or may have done is no different then lets say nbc for releasing the access Hollywood tape.
    Last edited by thethe; 01-11-2019 at 07:32 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    Seems like elevating a guy with his particular skill set and Rolodex to the top spot kind of speaks for itself, no? You’re arguing about how many data angels can dance on the head of a pin, and perhaps you’re right, but it seems like rather an excercise that depends on missing the forest for the trees.
    I will put it out there for discussion that Manafatov might have been hired due to his previous work for various oligarchs not despite them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,709 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    https://dailycaller.com/2019/01/10/f...ia-false-flag/

Since Nsacpi brought it up this is exactly what I am talking about when the left clutches its pearls over Russia but ignores other efforts by other organizations that i guess are considered american.

What Russia did or may have done is no different then lets say nbc for releasing the access Hollywood tape.
    Thats kind of what opposition parties are supposed to do. You might have a point if we had a democratic president but we have a Republican president and a guy who is in the running for most conservative as the AG up until recently. If you think there was/is any legitimate evidence and they are just choosing not to investigate/prosecute then you are very naive.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    In the days after President Trump fired James B. Comey as F.B.I. director, law enforcement officials became so concerned by the president’s behavior that they began investigating whether he had been working on behalf of Russia against American interests, according to former law enforcement officials and others familiar with the investigation.

Mr. Trump had caught the attention of F.B.I. counterintelligence agents when he called on Russia during a campaign news conference in July 2016 to hack into the emails of his opponent, Hillary Clinton. Mr. Trump had refused to criticize Russia on the campaign trail, praising President Vladimir V. Putin. And investigators had watched with alarm as the Republican Party softened its convention platform on the Ukraine crisis in a way that seemed to benefit Russia.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/11/u...gtype=Homepage

As I have noted before: just because something happens in broad daylight should not carry undue weight in our assessment of whether it constitutes criminal behavior or carries national security risk.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    from the article linked above:

And when a newly inaugurated Mr. Trump sought a loyalty pledge from Mr. Comey and later asked that he end an investigation into the president’s national security adviser, the requests set off discussions among F.B.I. officials about opening an inquiry into whether Mr. Trump had tried to obstruct that case.

But law enforcement officials put off the decision to open the investigation until they had learned more, according to people familiar with their thinking. As for a counterintelligence inquiry, they concluded that they would need strong evidence to take the sensitive step of investigating the president, and they were also concerned that the existence of such an inquiry could be leaked to the news media, undermining the entire investigation into Russia’s meddling in the election.

After Mr. Comey was fired on May 9, 2017, two more of Mr. Trump’s actions prompted them to quickly abandon those reservations.

The first was a letter Mr. Trump wanted to send to Mr. Comey about his firing, but never did, in which he mentioned the Russia investigation. In the letter, Mr. Trump thanked Mr. Comey for previously telling him he was not a subject of the F.B.I.’s Russia investigation.

Mr. Trump’s aides have said that a fuller examination of his comments demonstrates that he did not fire Mr. Comey to end the Russia inquiry. “I might even lengthen out the investigation, but I have to do the right thing for the American people,” Mr. Trump added. “He’s the wrong man for that position.”

F.B.I. officials viewed their decision to move quickly as validated when a comment the president made to visiting Russian officials in the Oval Office shortly after he fired Mr. Comey was revealed days later.

“I just fired the head of the F.B.I. He was crazy, a real nut job,” Mr. Trump said, according to a document summarizing the meeting. “I faced great pressure because of Russia. That’s taken off.”
    Last edited by nsacpi; 01-11-2019 at 10:04 PM.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    But hey, we need another recycling of previously reported information under the guise that its something new.

Carry on

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    All these things did happen. And we have been aware of them for some time.

We have also been treated to the spectacle of the president meeting with Putin and publicly siding with him when he has denied any Russian activity to influence the elections.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Speaks for itself in what way?

I don't understand what argument it is that you think I'm making.
    Sorry, I know its not Daily Caller or RT caliber stuff.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    All these things did happen. And we have been aware of them for some time.

We have also been treated to the spectacle of the president meeting with Putin and publicly siding with him when he has denied any Russian activity to influence the elections.
    Clearly this is collusion.

How many days of jail did Papa D get again? The lynchpin of the case as per the democratic members of the intelligence committee?

How about Carter Paige? Surely, these guilty men paid for their sins.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    The fact that the FBI found cause to investigate a president for possibly acting on behalf of Russia IS a story of some magnitude. And yes, I'm being rather understated in characterizing it that way.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 01-11-2019 at 10:05 PM.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    The fact that the FBI found cause to investigate a president for possibly acting on behalf of Russia IS a story of some magnitude. And yes, I'm being rather understated in characterizing it that way.
    Oh man you are going to die with the ship.

The FBI was the enforcement hand of a corrupt presidency. The truth is coming out and the full extent of what took place will be made known to the world before our lives are over my friend. I hope when that time comes we will still have a contact point to discuss.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    I would add that for the FBI to take such a momentous step, it very likely had other information that also contributed to its concerns. Information beyond what is outlined in the Times article.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Oh man you are going to die with the ship.

The FBI was the enforcement hand of a corrupt presidency. The truth is coming out and the full extent of what took place will be made known to the world before our lives are over my friend. I hope when that time comes we will still have a contact point to discuss.
    Yes. I know, Mifsud was Obama's fishing buddy.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Yes. I know, Mifsud was Obama's fishing buddy.
    You loved mifsud until you realized he was western intelligence. Mock the relationship all you want. The egg is still on your face for that one.