Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Keith Law's Midseason Top 50 Update

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,321 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    Did you figure that out while searching the internet for info about me? Find any other good tidbits? Would you like to creep on my FB or LI pages?

Maybe your buddy that thanked your clever post can find some more info about radar gun accuracy?
    Kyle Lewis is a monster! DERP! DERP! DERP!

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garmel View Post
    Kyle Lewis is a monster! DERP! DERP! DERP!
    LOL what an odd attempt at taking a shot at me. Lewis did well in his debut and is coming back from knee surgery just fine.

Do you and super sit in your double wide together searching the internet for info about me?

The obsession you guys have with me is...odd.

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,363 Posts
    Did you figure that out while searching the internet for info about me? Find any other good tidbits? Would you like to creep on my FB or LI pages?

Maybe your buddy that thanked your clever post can find some more info about radar gun accuracy?
    Speaking of this... how did you know I work at a bank. That seems creepy. did I drop my bank badge after stalking you?
    Coppy

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    Speaking of this... how did you know I work at a bank. That seems creepy. did I drop my bank badge after stalking you?
    You said you work in a bank on these forums hero.

I imagine you're one of those guys with a little more training than the generic $15 per hour teller, so they toss a few more bucks an hour your way. I think Wells Fargo calls them Personal Bankers. They are just skilled enough to open up new accounts and pitch various low quality investment vehicles. You're the guy they want me to talk to when they see I keep a nice cushion in my savings and checking accounts.

You wear a tie to work and think you're super fancy haha. You're really just a bank teller though, soon to be replaced with a robot or an iphone app.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,321 Posts
    LOL what an odd attempt at taking a shot at me. Lewis did well in his debut and is coming back from knee surgery just fine.

Do you and super sit in your double wide together searching the internet for info about me?

The obsession you guys have with me is...odd.
    Actually, I have a 5 bedroom house. Dude, people are not obsessed with you. They respond to you because you act like a buffoon. If you were as smart as you think you are you would have figured that out by now.

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,363 Posts

I imagine you're one of those guys with a little more training than the generic $15 per hour teller, so they toss a few more bucks an hour your way. I think Wells Fargo calls them Personal Bankers. They are just skilled enough to open up new accounts and pitch various low quality investment vehicles. You're the guy they want me to talk to when they see I keep a nice cushion in my savings and checking accounts.

You wear a tie to work and think you're super fancy haha. You're really just a bank teller though, soon to be replaced with a robot.
    Here in the racist south, we call dem nooses.. and I aint gettin caught ded in one em..

And how long ago did I say that. I do feel special that you remembered that about me. we should date..
    Coppy

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bravesfanMatt For This Useful Post:

Garmel (07-21-2017)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garmel View Post
    Actually, I have a 5 bedroom house. Dude, people are not obsessed with you. They respond to you because you act like a buffoon. If you were as smart as you think you are you would have figured that out by now.
    I didn't know cinder blocks could hold that many bedrooms.

And I don't think your garage conversion should count as a bedroom, nor does the "den" you stuck a bed in. The cot in your finished basement also doesn't count.
    Last edited by Enscheff; 07-21-2017 at 12:28 PM.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,128 Posts
    Here in the racist south, we call dem nooses.. and I aint gettin caught ded in one em..

And how long ago did I say that. I do feel special that you remembered that about me. we should date..
    Just wait until Super starts searching the internet for you. Then you will feel really special.

When folks start popping into threads for the sole purpose of making comments about you that have nothing to do with baseball...you will know you're truly special.

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    487 Posts
    Hey, maybe now that Southcrack can read service time tables, he can help look up JJ's situation...

His first FA year would have been 2014, meaning the Braves controlled him through 2013. Had they followed my process, they would have looked to trade him after his 2011 season. In fact, many folks were clamoring for the Braves to sell high on JJ...remember?

Instead, they kept him...and he got hurt 11 starts into 2012...and hasn't done **** since.

Oh yeah, I forgot, I don't understand that maximizing value is the opposite of winning. JJ sure won a lot after 2011!! Derrrrp!!

Maybe you guys can find a non-HOF pitcher the Braves kept to FA that was productive all the way through team control. Probably not, but I'm sure you'll figure out a way to "prove" it's the way to win!! Derrrrrp!!
    The funny thing here is that neither side of this argument is wrong. Using aggregate data, it is probably a good rule of thumb. Looking at individuals (yes these are people) and including the aggregate data as part of the decision making process means that sometimes it is and sometimes it isn't.

Both sides can come up with anecdotal evidence and individual cases to prove their point... which just proves that the answer is not cut and dried.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,321 Posts
    I didn't know cinder blocks could hold that many bedrooms.

And I don't think your garage conversion should count as a bedroom, nor does the "den" you stuck a bed in. The cot in your finished basement also doesn't count.
    LOL! Nope, nothing of the sort.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts

You wear a tie to work and think you're super fancy haha. You're really just a bank teller though, soon to be replaced with a robot or an iphone app.
    This made me laugh. I don't think I've ever encountered someone like Enscheff on the internets (or in real life).
    "Yes, I did think Aldrich was good UNTIL I SAW HIM PLAY. "- thethe

13. The Following User Says Thank You to gilesfan For This Useful Post:

Garmel (07-21-2017)

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Just FYI, you need a closet for it to be considered a bedroom......

And Enchef, I run a super successful business, send me your contact info so I can start making real money like you instead of having to deal with the glorified teller that is going to be replaced with an iphone app. PM me for my info.
    "Yes, I did think Aldrich was good UNTIL I SAW HIM PLAY. "- thethe

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,363 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesfan View Post
    This made me laugh. I don't think I've ever encountered someone like Enscheff on the internets (or in real life).
    No doubt. He is hilarious.
    Coppy

16. The Following User Says Thank You to bravesfanMatt For This Useful Post:

Garmel (07-21-2017)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mfree80 View Post
    The funny thing here is that neither side of this argument is wrong. Using aggregate data, it is probably a good rule of thumb. Looking at individuals (yes these are people) and including the aggregate data as part of the decision making process means that sometimes it is and sometimes it isn't.

Both sides can come up with anecdotal evidence and individual cases to prove their point... which just proves that the answer is not cut and dried.
    Anecdotal evidence, by definition, proves nothing. The process I outlined is clearly the way to maximize the value extracted from pitching assets. All the data shows it to be true. A team will miss on a few guys, obviously, but they will come out way ahead overall.

I can honestly say I would have dealt Medlen and JJ. I thought both were control guys with fringe stuff and were not going to remain effective even if they had remained halthy. I stated as much many times during those years.

I was also in favor of the Teheran extension, so that was a great move by the FO. Not trading him before the rebuild was the mistake.

Guys like Hanson and Beachy got hurt so quickly no process could have extracted any more value from them.

I don't know enough about players for other teams because I don't follow them as closely. Leaving room for individual evaluation is specifically why I wrote "look to sell" those pitchers in my original post. There could be several circumstances that make a team keep a guy for an extra year, or keep him until he is a FA.

But most of the time...use them up, and ship them out.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,321 Posts
    No doubt. He is hilarious.
    His lack of self-awareness to his own mental instability is even more entertaining.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,128 Posts
    Look at you guys...chatting it up about me lol.

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    487 Posts
    Anecdotal evidence, by definition, proves nothing. The process I outlined is clearly the way to maximize the value extracted from pitching assets. All the data shows it to be true. A team will miss on a few guys, obviously, but they will come out way ahead overall.

I can honestly say I would have dealt Medlen and JJ. I thought both were control guys with fringe stuff and were not going to remain effective even if they had remained halthy. I stated as much many times during those years.

I was also in favor of the Teheran extension, so that was a great move by the FO. Not trading him before the rebuild was the mistake.

Guys like Hanson and Beachy got hurt so quickly no process could have extracted any more value from them.

I don't know enough about players for other teams because I don't follow them as closely. Leaving room for individual evaluation is specifically why I wrote "look to sell" those pitchers in my original post. There could be several circumstances that make a team keep a guy for an extra year, or keep him until he is a FA.

But most of the time...use them up, and ship them out.
    Yup. That's why I included: "which just proves that the answer is not cut and dried."

I am just wondering why both sides of this argument are digging in so deeply on positions that are not cut and dried...

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesfan View Post
    Just FYI, you need a closet for it to be considered a bedroom......

And Enchef, I run a super successful business, send me your contact info so I can start making real money like you instead of having to deal with the glorified teller that is going to be replaced with an iphone app. PM me for my info.
    So you're saying you do your investments through a personal banker at a local retail bank right now?

If that is truly the case, you don't need to PM me, I'll just refer you to Fidelity or another investment firm right here.

I'm sure you're wealthy beyond all reckoning though haha. Landscaping and junk removal is probably big bucks in the South.
    Last edited by Enscheff; 07-21-2017 at 12:54 PM.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mfree80 View Post
    Yup. That's why I included: "which just proves that the answer is not cut and dried."

I am just wondering why both sides of this argument are digging in so deeply on positions that are not cut and dried...
    They are arguing against me, not my position.

It's comical watching them chat back and forth about me...nothing to do with baseball haha.

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,363 Posts
    They are arguing against me, not my position.

It's comical watching them chat back and forth about me...nothing to do with baseball haha.
    there is nothing wong with tossin you a complement.
    Coppy