Page 16 of 101 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Thread: Things They Say

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,731 Posts
    "You don't get to have this many messes over the years like Roger has had and survive it,"

NFL Owner.

Trump might end the careers of Hillary and Goodell over the course of 1 year. Thats making America great again.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Lewandowski: "The speculation is so insane right now. What we should be focusing on is the continued lies of the Clinton administration."
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    WH lawyer Ty Cobb says he thinks the POTUS has "been mistreated" and the excuse of Russia helping Hillary is a "sad event".

Sound like the words of someone else?
    Last edited by Runnin; 10-30-2017 at 04:56 AM.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Michael Moore responds to Trump’s tweet.

Trump took a break from the golf course on Saturday to offer an unsolicited critique of Michael Moore’s limited engagement appearance on Broadway in The Terms of My Surrender.

“While not at all presidential I must point out that the Sloppy Michael Moore Show on Broadway was a TOTAL BOMB and was forced to close. Sad!” Trump tweeted.

Moore's response to Trump’s tweet:

1. You must have my smash hit of a Broadway show confused with your presidency– which IS a total bomb and WILL indeed close early. NOT SAD.

2. Today, 1 U.S. service member was killed & 6 injured in our never-ending war in Afghanistan. You,our President, are not even aware of this

3. You ARE aware I’m a “B’way star” & I guess this bothers you more. SAD.

4. Prosecutor Mueller’s Grand Jury has just approved the 1st criminal indictments of your administration. R u trying 2 distract us from this?

5. 38 days after Maria, 3/4 of PR (our fellow Americans) have NO electricity. Yet u are more upset that so many ppl saw my B’way show. SAD.

6. They say Twitter “distracts” you from your presidency. But Twitter IS YOUR PRESIDENCY! It’s all you know how to do. #LOSER!

7. And now, for this weekend, I’m your latest distraction from your crimes. Ha! Raucous & joyous crowds every nite on B’way- & u missed out!

8. It was the highest grossing play (non-musical) of the summer, despite my offering $29 cheap seats + free student tix so ALL could afford.

9. As announced on May 1st, it was always a “12-WEEK-ONLY” run, due to my commitments to my upcoming primetime TV series & my new movie.

10. On Broadway, Donald, they call it a “LIMITED ENGAGEMENT” — just like we’re planning on making your presidency.

11. For now, at least, I know I still have one fan in the White House (thx for your unwavering support, Jared!)

12. And thanks to all who filled this beautiful theater for each show!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,731 Posts
    There are few things sadder than the people who want our troops home and safe are considered to be not supporting the troops but vigorously advocating they wage war leading to thousands of deaths of the troops is considered supporting them.

It’s over."

6. The Following User Says Thank You to cajunrevenge For This Useful Post:

Jaw (10-30-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,731 Posts
    "What Orwell was really trying to say in his book 1984 was that authoritarianism is bad because it makes people distrust their leaders"

Hillary Rodham Clinton. Real quote.

It’s over."

8. The Following User Says Thank You to cajunrevenge For This Useful Post:

Jaw (10-30-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    "I had no inkling that any such illegal activities had been planned by persons associated with my campaign":

--- Richard Nixon, May 22, 1973.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    “Today’s announcement (meaning the arrests of Manafort and Gates) has nothing to do with the president, has nothing to do with the president’s campaign or campaign activity,” White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?
    -Jim Bouton

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 57Brave For This Useful Post:

cajunrevenge (10-31-2017), Runnin (10-31-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,731 Posts
    "I did have the oppurtunity to meet with an executive from Rosnet......."

Carter Paige December 12, 2016

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    “George Papadopoulos, he’s an energy and oil consultant, excellent guy”. DT

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    The official spokesperson for the Executive Branch:

Sanders: “If some individuals had been willing to come to some compromises on different things, [Civil War] may not have occurred.”

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Perhaps fake, but funny hacked (?) texts of Paul Manafort's daughter with her friends about dad's new job.

April 12: Manafort Shand offers campaign-related favors from her father to a friend.

AMS: By the way, if you want to exploit my dad to better your career, please let me know.

Friend: Are you serious?

AMS: Completely.

Friend: I wouldn’t be opposed to exploiting him.

AMS: I am on a business email basis with my dad.

[Later]

AMS: My dad is Trump’s right-hand man right now and will be through November. But he won’t accept any position in the White House, so his leverage will diminish at that point (assuming Trump wins).
    April 13: Manafort refused payment as a power play, his daughter claims.

AMS: Yup. That’s a match made in heaven. Egomaniacs galore.

AMS: But yea [my dad is] super tight with the Trumps. All the kids call him all the time. And him and Trump both live in Trump Tower in NYC. So it’s like a sitcom. Although — top top secret. Can’t repeat, promise? My dad isn’t getting paid for trump.

(Just the $16 million loan)
    Friend: WHAT, really?

AMS: He refused payment. Trump is only covering expenses.

Friend: Political favors later?

AMS: Eh maybe but the truth of it is, I think there are rules for how much you can pay campaign personnel, so it isn’t much to start with — not to my dad anyway. And my dad wants Trump to listen to him and respect him. View him as an equal, not as staff. So refusing payment makes it so. And makes it clear to Trump why my dad is doing it — because he wants to.

AMS: And my dad won’t take an appointment either. Trump knows that, too. So this isn’t for personal gain for my dad, and that’s true — not a game. So why is my dad doing it? Sport.

AMS: This is his wheelhouse. And he gets off on power too. My dad loves challenges and this is like a chess game. He got a mistress because he was bored. Trump is his new mistress.
    May 19: Although her father was never officially co-manager with Lewandowski, Manafort Shand claims that was effectively the case.

[After sending her friend a link to an ABC article about Manafort moving up yet again within the campaign.]

AMS: My mom told me they were gonna call them co-managers, and then Corey went to Trump’s son-in-law, Ivanka’s husband, and burst into tears about how that would ruin him. So since my dad doesn’t care about titles, this was the compromise.

May 26: Manafort Shand offers campaign-related favors from her father to Lockheed Martin.

Friend: Helleeew! I have an awkward favor/question to ask, so if you’re not down, I totally understand. I’m not sure how you and your dad are these days, and I’m gonna guess you’re overloaded with requests to get in touch, but if it’s do-able, could you help me get in touch with or pass on an email to someone in your dads office?

AMS: Sure, what’s your end goal?

Friend: It’s not an effort to help the campaign. My dad works for Lockheed Martin, and they want to essentially let Trump’s transition team know that they’re ready, available, and happy to provide info about defense acquisition and sustainment. So to discuss policy. But they can’t reach out to Trump’s team — the team would have to reach out to them. So I’ve got an email with info that would be amazing if passed on to the right people. Again — if this is not your cup of tea, totally forget I asked. I’m only asking bc it’s my dad.

AMS: I hear ya — it’s not a problem, I just think it’s probably a bit early. But I can ask my mom who the right person would be to receive the email. I would imagine Rick Davis or Rick Gates. But I’ll find out and let you/them know.

Friend: Thank you!! I really appreciate it. I think they want to get in front ahead of time instead of play catch up. I feel weird asking for a favor like this haha.

AMS: You’re not the first. It’s no bother. I am happy to be a conduit. I just can’t promise anything other than initial access.

Friend: Just being a conduit is amazing! Zero expectations, just doin what I can for my dad so anything at all is ****ing great.

AMS: Totally get it. Not every day you know the man behind the man. Gotta exploit it. Which is why I am happy to help. Cuz **** it, hopefully someone can benefit by my relation to the count of Monte Cristo.
    Last edited by Runnin; 10-31-2017 at 10:39 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,731 Posts
    "These ******s are like Isis, they have no value. They should line them all up and mow em down. I'd like to be on the fiiring squad, I could do it"

Police Chief Frank Nucera Jr.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Has ISIS claimed responsibility ?

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    "You don't get to have this many messes over the years like Roger has had and survive it,"

NFL Owner.

Trump might end the careers of Hillary and Goodell over the course of 1 year. Thats making America great again.
    That would be sweet, wouldn't it? What would be really cool is if Goodell and his beeotch legal expert/assassin who is obviously in the tank for the vaGiants could maybe face some of the same level of "justice" as what they meat out to others.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post

May 26: Manafort Shand offers campaign-related favors from her father to Lockheed Martin.

Friend: Helleeew! I have an awkward favor/question to ask, so if you’re not down, I totally understand. I’m not sure how you and your dad are these days, and I’m gonna guess you’re overloaded with requests to get in touch, but if it’s do-able, could you help me get in touch with or pass on an email to someone in your dads office?

AMS: Sure, what’s your end goal?

Friend: It’s not an effort to help the campaign. My dad works for Lockheed Martin, and they want to essentially let Trump’s transition team know that they’re ready, available, and happy to provide info about defense acquisition and sustainment. So to discuss policy. But they can’t reach out to Trump’s team — the team would have to reach out to them. So I’ve got an email with info that would be amazing if passed on to the right people. Again — if this is not your cup of tea, totally forget I asked. I’m only asking bc it’s my dad.
    Yeah it's really difficult to believe that the MIC industry would need to resort to Manafort's daughter to get in touch with a lobbyist.

Credit to you for mentioning that it may be fake, I just had to point out how absurd that part sounds. It's a crazy world though, so who knows?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,731 Posts
    "By any measure the US has long used terrorism. In 1978-1979 the Senate was trying to pass a law against 8nternational terrorism - in every version they produced the lawyers said the US would be on violation."

General William Odom, director of national security under Raygun.

It’s over."

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    The official spokesperson for the Executive Branch:

Sanders: “If some individuals had been willing to come to some compromises on different things, [Civil War] may not have occurred.”
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"