Page 2 of 101 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Things They Say

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    When did Hannity make that statement? Just curious.
    yesterday?
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    yesterday?
    He's been a YUGE Trump guy pretty much since day 1, but I didn't realize he and I agreed so closely on the suckiness of the Repubs in Congress.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    "Don't expect to build up the weak by pulling down the strong"

Calvin Coolidge

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    If that is the case should a young man have a good 4 seam fastball he shouldn't waste his time working on a change up.

Voter fraud panel chair Kobach told @KatyTurNBC that we "may never know" if @HillaryClinton won the popular vote.
    Katy Tur‏Verified account @KatyTurNBC 3h3 hours ago

Katy Tur Retweeted Katy Tur

Me: So are the votes for Donald Trump that led him to win the election in doubt as well?
    KOBACH: Absolutely.

Calvin Coolidge ---- really ?
    Last edited by 57Brave; 07-19-2017 at 05:27 PM.
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    If that is the case should a young man have a good 4 seam fastball he shouldn't waste his time working on a change up.

Voter fraud panel chair Kobach told @KatyTurNBC that we "may never know" if @HillaryClinton won the popular vote.

Me: So are the votes for Donald Trump that led him to win the election in doubt as well?

Well sometimes people forget that the only way some people can become or stay strong is by standing on the backs of the weak.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts

So you support an investigation then into voter fraud? I'm on board. Let's find out who is voting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    how does your alphabet work?

A B C K P R D etc

By pointing something out does not mean I am for or against

I am more interested in who isn't !!
    Last edited by 57Brave; 07-19-2017 at 05:48 PM.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    So you support an investigation then into voter fraud? I'm on board. Let's find out who is voting.
    I think you know me well enough by now to know that you can definitely count me in for a REAL investigation. The problem is, who can we ALL trust to make sure the investigation is done truthfully and honestly? We both know half the people in this country will disagree with the findings no matter what they are.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oklahomahawk For This Useful Post:

57Brave (07-19-2017), Runnin (07-19-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    shoot, I pasted that on the wrong thread !!!
    It was to the point of Amazon having more than 60M subscribers

oops !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    I think you know me well enough by now to know that you can definitely count me in for a REAL investigation. The problem is, who can we ALL trust to make sure the investigation is done truthfully and honestly? We both know half the people in this country will disagree with the findings no matter what they are.
    Let's figure out a way to setup a bipartisan committee. Or have an independent not for profit that is vetted to have no conflict of interests. That innit of itself would take a long time but we need to get this mess under control. Lots of signs out there that the problem is widespread.

It's simple...if you're a citizen you vote. If not...you don't.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Let's figure out a way to setup a bipartisan committee. Or have an independent not for profit that is vetted to have no conflict of interests. That innit of itself would take a long time but we need to get this mess under control. Lots of signs out there that the problem is widespread.

It's simple...if you're a citizen you vote. If not...you don't.
    How many people m/l are we talking about total for the committee?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    CNN Politics‏Verified account @CNNPolitics

President Trump on states that refused to share voter information: "One has to wonder what they're worried about"

David Corn‏Verified account @DavidCornDC 2h2 hours ago

David Corn Retweeted CNN Politics

Like when a politician won't share his tax returns.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    You guys aren't following the rules of this very well. No surprise started by 57

15. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (07-20-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Elijah E. Cummings‏Verified account @RepCummings 6h6 hours ago

Elijah E. Cummings Retweeted CSPAN

How can you investigate “election integrity” w/o investigating voter suppression & Russian interference in the 2016 election? #RespectMyVote

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Elijah E. Cummings‏Verified account @RepCummings 6h6 hours ago

Elijah E. Cummings Retweeted CSPAN

How can you investigate “election integrity” w/o investigating voter suppression & Russian interference in the 2016 election? #RespectMyVote
    Well I can pretty much guarantee you that around 50% of the people in this country (and here too for that matter) don't even believe that voter suppression even exists.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    It seems gotten lost in history this tactic was effectively used during Jim Crow.

there were over 200K voters purged from Wisconsin voter rolls where Trump won by 1%

we can go back to Florida voter rolls on 2000 whic brought us the economic crash of 2008 and something else -- can't remember right now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    paraphrased...

"If I had known Sessions was going to recuse himself from the Rooski Witch Hunt, I would NOT have put him in charge of the Rooski Witch Hunt. Good Grief!"

Puss Cake Razatrumpka
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Well sometimes people forget that the only way some people can become or stay strong is by standing on the backs of the weak.
    Curious if you've ever worked in the private sector outside of school.

You seem to think every business is the devil.

In reality, America is the richest country in the world, and the people in this country are considerably richer over where they've been. I get that you're mad that there are a few at the top who lap the field many times over, but it seems you throw the baby out with the bath water.

I know that I've managed to do well thanks to big corporations making money for my labor. And while I've made my company millions more than they've paid me, they also set me up to be able to do so, and then compensated me hansomly... And trust me, I'm nowhere near the top.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post

In reality, America is the richest country in the world, and the people in this country are considerably richer over where they've been. I get that you're mad that there are a few at the top who lap the field many times over, but it seems you throw the baby out with the bath water.

I know that I've managed to do well thanks to big corporations making money for my labor. And while I've made my company millions more than they've paid me, they also set me up to be able to do so, and then compensated me hansomly... And trust me, I'm nowhere near the top.
    I have more than I ever thought I would have considerING where I came from. I'm thankful that we have a system where hard work is rewarded.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post

Yes, the first 9-10 years out of college back in the 80s, the wonderful Reagan 80's, the decade that spawned the axiom "hey it's not personal, it's just business". I was raised as a strict "the people in power always do the right thing, especially if they're Repubs". I found out first hand during the 80's that those at the top would slit your or my throat in a microsecond if it made them a few more dollars. I didn't read about this, or see it in a movie, I lived it.

I understand that your very different philosophy comes from your life's experiences, just like mine comes from mine. It's kinda funny, had our life's experiences been reversed, which let's face it other than the time period pure happenstance is the only difference, and maybe a little geography, you might be the non-trusting malcontent permanently burned by betrayal from the top and I might be the Silent Cal Coolidge is the greatest president ever because he let those at the top of the market run the market and anybody who didn't like it, could go away and starve on their own (and hopefully quietly).

I don't know a lot about your story but I know you got screwed by a company, bounced back, got up and got back in the game and have been relatively richly rewarded for your efforts. I am happy for you and honestly I applaud you, your work ethnic and your efforts, just as I do Vol's (remember him?) but there is one thing I don't think either of you consider, you are to be applauded for your hard work and sweat and dedication but something you seem to have left out (and forgive me if I have misjudged you) "there but for the grace of God go I". You are to be commended but not everybody has gotten the same opportunities you've gotten and no it wasn't all by your work ethic and positive attitude. Not everybody has had the same negative relationship with law enforcement as Cajun, but that doesn't make him wrong or bad, we all have our crosses to bear, so to speak. Remember then or now not everybody who is willing to work hard gets the opportunity, not everybody who is successful is so because of hard work or pureness of heart. We are all judged eventually not by how much we've accumulated or how hard we've worked for that matter, but by what we do with what we get.

Just remember it was the man upstairs who really gave you those opportunities, yes you have taken advantage of them and I've already applauded you for that, lots of other people would have been too lazy or too entitled to care enough to work hard. Just trust me on this, take a little time now and then to give thanks to someone higher than you because with the same hard work and positive attitude without him you wouldn't be where you are and that is something some of you guys who are so pro-system don't seem to realize. I apologize if I have misjudged you, that was not my intent. Believe it or not my intent is good and it is to help you appreciate the true source of your success so that you take care not to lose it some day.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Oklahomahawk For This Useful Post:

VirginiaBrave (07-19-2017)