Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Blow up

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,044 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    This statement.. This statement needs to be nominated for something. It should be the board motto. "we don't agree, move on"
    Haha I'm all for moving on, but you don't have to be a dick.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,044 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    We have both made our points and I don't see us agreeing so... Ok guy
    I really would be curious as to why you view our assets as 'much stronger' than theirs. Is it just that we had more players?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,481 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    This statement.. This statement needs to be nominated for something. It should be the board motto. "we don't agree, move on"
    Enscheff needs to have a wrist bracelet with this written on it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to CyYoung31 For This Useful Post:

Garmel (07-21-2017)

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,830 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CyYoung31 View Post
    Enscheff needs to have an ankle monitor with this written on it.
    Fixed.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jpx7 For This Useful Post:

Garmel (07-22-2017), zedsdead (07-22-2017)

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Freeman, Heyward, Upton, Kimbrel, Simmons, Wood, Gattis, Teheran >>> Sale, Quintana, Eaton, Frazier, Robertson

You disagree?
    Freeman is the best asset of those names, and we'll never get true value back for him. Pointless to trade him. Chicago had way better assets to trade than we did, i dont see how thats debateable given the control those players had. Teams arent gonna fork over their farms for players with 1 year of control.

Heyward and Upton had 1 year, you wont get strong value back for them as if they had 3-4 years of control. But we did turn Heyward into Inciarte and Dansby.

Sale, Quintana, Eaton is better trade value than anything we had to ship off.

Unfortunately when Coppy dealt Kimbrel the RP market isnt like it is now, but shipping BJ with Kimbrel was dumb. Kimbrel alone should have gotten a better deal and we could have just DFA'd BJ.

Gattis turned into Folty who is looking like an ace/#2 in the making, minus 2-3 horrific starts, he has a sub-3 ERA. Yes i know they count but still he has had an impressive year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    What is the point on putting freeman's name in there? Copy and Co nailed it by not trading him.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    406 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    What is the point on putting freeman's name in there? Copy and Co nailed it by not trading him.
    Because people brag on the White Sox, but that's because they traded their biggest chips, while we held on to ours. Add what Julio and Freeman would have fetched (traded at the right times), and there would be no discussion about who has the best farm. Not saying I want Freeman traded (I do want Julio traded), but that's the facts.

Voted Worst Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    The 1-10 with Sox/Braves can be debated either way but if you include the depth of the systems, 11-20 and on, it's not even close to who has the best farm system.

Voted Worst Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    And i'm not even sure what a realistic trade package for Freeman could even possibly be.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    406 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyward View Post
    And i'm not even sure what a realistic trade package for Freeman could even possibly be.
    Yeah, he is getting in Trout territory. Sure glad they didn't trade him right after the wrist injury.

Called Up to the Major Leagues
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBravos View Post
    Because people brag on the White Sox, but that's because they traded their biggest chips, while we held on to ours. Add what Julio and Freeman would have fetched (traded at the right times), and there would be no discussion about who has the best farm. Not saying I want Freeman traded (I do want Julio traded), but that's the facts.
    In your wildest imagination was Julio going to bring a king's ransom at any point. The first post in this thread demonstrates the complete dip****edness of this entire thread.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    406 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knucksie View Post
    In your wildest imagination was Julio going to bring a king's ransom at any point. The first post in this thread demonstrates the complete dip****edness of this entire thread.
    I said Freddie would bring back a king's ransom...not Julio. I also said this was for discussion sake and I neither thought it would or wanted it to happen. If you don't like the thread...move on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    The whole idea to to convert your current assets into more valuable assets. The braves holding onto freeman at the start of the rebuild perfectly fit into that objective better than any trade the white sox made.

Lynchburg Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    I dont understand why you wouldnt sell but Coppy is coppy.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    406 Posts
    The whole idea to to convert your current assets into more valuable assets. The braves holding onto freeman at the start of the rebuild perfectly fit into that objective better than any trade the white sox made.
    They made a great call with Freddie, but if he would have taken Julio's path, everyone would have been grumbling about us keeping him when we could have gotten a good return. Normally on a complete rebuild, you keep only young cheap assets. Don't get me wrong...I am really glad we kept Freddie, but he was our #1 trade chip.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    They made a great call with Freddie, but if he would have taken Julio's path, everyone would have been grumbling about us keeping him when we could have gotten a good return. Normally on a complete rebuild, you keep only young cheap assets. Don't get me wrong...I am really glad we kept Freddie, but he was our #1 trade chip.
    At the start of the rebuild the braves probably considered Julio an undervalued asset. There was definitely a time after where the proper move would have been to trade but nobody is ever 100%.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    406 Posts
    At the start of the rebuild the braves probably considered Julio an undervalued asset. There was definitely a time after where the proper move would have been to trade but nobody is ever 100%.
    100% glad we kept Freddie. The time to trade Julio was last trade deadline or the offseason...pretty sure we keep him at this point.