Thread: What is a Woman?

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts

What is a Woman?

Fantastic movie. It’s sad that so many people are so mentally confused.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    We're getting a little too serious in here so I'm gonna try to add some levity.

What is a Woman? I'll take something Lindsay Graham will never be attracted to for $1000 Alex (or whomever is doing that now).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post

What is a Woman? I'll take something Lindsay Graham will never be attracted to for $1000 Alex (or whomever is doing that now).
    He might like the Lady Chablis.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts

Allow me to take your attempt at levity and completely offset it by pointing out that the only reason this joke works is homophobia. Either implicit homophobia that being gay is an insult to Graham or due to Graham actually being closeted due to not being able to be accepted in society as gay.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mqt View Post
    Allow me to take your attempt at levity and completely offset it by pointing out that the only reason this joke works is homophobia. Either implicit homophobia that being gay is an insult to Graham or due to Graham actually being closeted due to not being able to be accepted in society as gay.

Notice it’s the ones who call others out for thier -phobias making the jokes

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,790 Posts
    Does it trigger you when nsacpi accuses others of sucking Putin's and trumps dick?

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Or maybe just those who don't care for Lindsay Graham. I realize I don't have a huge sample size of experiences with gay folks but I do have some. I've had several students over the years who I knew were gay and a few others I suspected of it. Guess who was always one of the people they came to when they needed someone to talk to about stuff, someone they knew would treat them the same way as everyone else was treated? I also had a lesbian couple who had just had a baby and one of them saw me out one day and wanted me to come and see their newborn child.

I literally don't care about a person's color, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other stuff about people that does not define what kind of person they are. Those students or former students like me because I don't care about that stuff, I just care about what quality of person they are. I've always gotten along better with the people who would be considered the outcasts of society where and when I've lived. to borrow a line from Bill Maher, I want a "colorblind society" and that goes for any other personal likes/dislikes/affiliations/quirks/misc. I think being treated the same way as everyone else is what most people want.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,790 Posts
    Sorry hawk you tried to be funny but the insane left doesn't allow for comedy anymore.

That will be $100k for homophobic joke, and we will be contacting your.employer right away

#tolerance

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Sorry hawk you tried to be funny but the insane left doesn't allow for comedy anymore.

That will be $100k for homophobic joke, and we will be contacting your.employer right away

#tolerance
    Can't you just put it on my tab???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    Or maybe just those who don't care for Lindsay Graham. I realize I don't have a huge sample size of experiences with gay folks but I do have some. I've had several students over the years who I knew were gay and a few others I suspected of it. Guess who was always one of the people they came to when they needed someone to talk to about stuff, someone they knew would treat them the same way as everyone else was treated? I also had a lesbian couple who had just had a baby and one of them saw me out one day and wanted me to come and see their newborn child.

I literally don't care about a person's color, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other stuff about people that does not define what kind of person they are. Those students or former students like me because I don't care about that stuff, I just care about what quality of person they are. I've always gotten along better with the people who would be considered the outcasts of society where and when I've lived. to borrow a line from Bill Maher, I want a "colorblind society" and that goes for any other personal likes/dislikes/affiliations/quirks/misc. I think being treated the same way as everyone else is what most people want.
    To clarify, I don’t think telling the joke is homophobic and apologize that it came off that way. It’s just sad to me that our understanding of the punchline is due to society treating gayness as something that a person wouldn’t want to be. It’s a reminder to me of how far we have left to go in accepting everyone. It doesn’t mean it’s wrong to make the joke.
    Last edited by mqt; 06-11-2022 at 05:11 PM.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    To clarify, I don’t think telling the joke is homophobic and apologize that it came off that way. It’s just sad to me that our understanding of the punchline is due to society treating gayness as something that a person wouldn’t want to be. It’s a reminder to me of how far we have left to go in accepting everyone. It doesn’t mean it’s wrong to make the joke.
    No worries man. I do realize that my humor doesn't always come off like I mean it to. As for my overall philosophies of life, I am much more interested in trying to DO the right thing but I really don't care that much at all about always SAYING the right thing. The former shouldn't change all that much from year to year, the latter seems to change at least once a week anymore. :)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,900 Posts
    FTR- you didn’t need to explain yourself and show how woke you are.

No one cares
    Ivermectin Man

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Tapate50 For This Useful Post:

thethe (06-12-2022)

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    FTR- you didn’t need to explain yourself and show how woke you are.

No one cares
    Who said I was woke? I try to do the right thing and don't give a crap if anyone/everyone likes it or not. How is that woke?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,900 Posts
    Who said I was woke? I try to do the right thing and don't give a crap if anyone/everyone likes it or not. How is that woke?
    You told everyone your civil resume to avoid persecution.
    Ivermectin Man

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    You told everyone your civil resume to avoid persecution.
    LOL, yeah I'm terrified of persecution.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    LOL, yeah I'm terrified of persecution.
    I’m honestly a bit confused. From my viewpoint we just had a mutually respectful conversation after an initial miscommunication.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    I’m honestly a bit confused. From my viewpoint we just had a mutually respectful conversation after an initial miscommunication.
    You and I did. The 3rd wheel is the one who is trying to instigate.