Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Gohara

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    Anyone have a reliable list on who has to go on the 40-man over the winter? I gave it a cursory look and the only two you are automatics are Gohara and Dustin Peterson. Other 4 college/5 high school or international incluide Mader, Parsons, Pike and Roney as pitchers and Didder as a hitter. I doubt any of the last five would find their way onto anyone else's roster. Not sure on Ricardo Sanchez. He only has four years of playing experience, but it may be five years from when they sign and I don't know what that would be in his case.
    I think that's it. And don't see the need to clear a spot for any of those five either.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Called Up to the Major Leagues SJ24's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    291 Posts
    I just saw somewhere that said they want Soroka up by Opening Day.

Director of Minor League Reports rico43's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,448 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    Why isn't Clouse getting mania.. I want a breakdown of him and Rivera/Kimbrel/Eckersley..
    To begin with, Clouse has pitched only 70 professional innings. Career 8-0 records, 1.66 ERA, 8 saves, 105 K, 38 W. He's 22.

Rivera debuted at 20 in the GCL: 5-1, 0.17 ERA, 1 save, 52 IP, 17 hits allowed, 58 Ks, 7 BB. Rivera was primarily a starter until his second MLB season. He reached the majors at 25. At age 22, he was going 5-3, 2.25 in the FSL.
    Kimbrel debuted in the majors at 22 (4-0, 1 save, 0.44 ERA in 21 games for Atlanta after having 23 saves for Gwinnett. His pro debut at age 20 saw him jump from Danville to Rome to Myrtle Beach. In total, 24 games, 3-2, 10 saves, 0.51 ERA (35 innings, 16 hits, 53 Ks).
    Dennis Eckersley had his pro debut in a slightly different era (1972) in the Cal League, going 5-5, 4.80 as a 17-year-old starter, He worked 75 innings, had three complete games. At age 20, he began his rookie season in the majors, going 13-7 with 2 saves and a 2.60 ERA for the Indians after going 14-3 in the Texas League at age 19. He did not convert to relief until he was 32 years old.

I think your post was intended to be more crap, but I was just curious enough to do the research you were obviously too lazy to prepare.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,448 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SJ24 View Post
    I just saw somewhere that said they want Soroka up by Opening Day.
    The rule around here is supposed to be, post a link or save it. "Somewhere" might be in your dreams for all we know.

Called Up to the Major Leagues SJ24's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    291 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rico43 View Post
    The rule around here is supposed to be, post a link or save it. "Somewhere" might be in your dreams for all we know.

I just saw it on Twitter. Don't know where it's from.

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    488 Posts
    To begin with, Clouse has pitched only 70 professional innings. Career 8-0 records, 1.66 ERA, 8 saves, 105 K, 38 W. He's 22.

Rivera debuted at 20 in the GCL: 5-1, 0.17 ERA, 1 save, 52 IP, 17 hits allowed, 58 Ks, 7 BB. Rivera was primarily a starter until his second MLB season. He reached the majors at 25. At age 22, he was going 5-3, 2.25 in the FSL.
    Kimbrel debuted in the majors at 22 (4-0, 1 save, 0.44 ERA in 21 games for Atlanta after having 23 saves for Gwinnett. His pro debut at age 20 saw him jump from Danville to Rome to Myrtle Beach. In total, 24 games, 3-2, 10 saves, 0.51 ERA (35 innings, 16 hits, 53 Ks).
    Dennis Eckersley had his pro debut in a slightly different era (1972) in the Cal League, going 5-5, 4.80 as a 17-year-old starter, He worked 75 innings, had three complete games. At age 20, he began his rookie season in the majors, going 13-7 with 2 saves and a 2.60 ERA for the Indians after going 14-3 in the Texas League at age 19. He did not convert to relief until he was 32 years old.

I think your post was intended to be more crap, but I was just curious enough to do the research you were obviously too lazy to prepare.
    I sincerely hope he continues to do well long enough to deserve the "mania."

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,370 Posts
    Rico.. you need your sarcasm detector on.
    Coppy

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    766 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    LOL so now we are going to complain about Gohara being called a #2, when almost no prospects are called a #1?

Pazzy-Barves asssseemmmmmbbbblllllee!!!
    For better or worse Klaw gives you an opinion and a reason.

He has Gohara rated highly b/c of his stuff. He's more of a two pitch guy but the two pitches are nasty and he has a token third. He doesn't think he has the command/control to be better. Clearly most prospects do not reach that level of success so the safe bet is always to bet the under. There are legit concerns about his body. He supposedly had an arm issue that scared away a trade last year. He got shut down this year for a time.

We are coming to a crash of prospects. Weigel fell out with TJ. He likely comes back as a RP.
    Still looking at Allard/Soroka/Wright/Gohara knocking on the door. Sims knocking on the door at a much lower level. Newcombe there for now. Folty under control for a while. I would wait because the attrition of pitching prospects and the real possibility someone like Newcombe or Gohara is a pen arm. But I think we are going to make the monster trade to relive the glut and improve the big league club....

But I kinda agree with Enscheff that it's weird we are looking at pitching. The UCLs are really young on this group. But you'd have to think Folty plus at least one of Tehran/Newcombe are in the rotation. Then it seems logical that you should get at least 2 starters you like out of Sims/Allard/Soroka/Wright/Gohara in 1-2 years.

The Artist Formally Known as

Ventura's Stolen Bases

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    213 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SJ24 View Post

I just saw it on Twitter. Don't know where it's from.
    I have reasons to believe it to be Bowman or Bowman parody.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,448 Posts
    If you did not know the facts of today, consider these three things posted:

Gohara to AAA Gwinnett
    Toussaint to AA Mississippi
    Soroka to Atlanta by Opening Day

Which of these would you consider sarcasm, a blatant falsehood, or a legit news report? Me either. Why I hate cute little "sarcastic" posts; Copo's reality is tough enough to discern, don't you think?

Post a link like responsible news sites and respected boards do and maybe we'll garner some of the respect Chop Country deserves but doesn't get.
    Last edited by rico43; 07-27-2017 at 11:06 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    They sold moving to the new stadium as some huge revenue booster. 100 games into the season they are 12th in MLB in average attendance. Despite the rainbows thethe constantly tries to blow up everyone's ass, the summer boost is almost over, and they are on pace for 2.5-2.6 million fans total. That is an almost negligible increase over the Turner Field pre-rebuild numbers (2014 and earlier)...not good.

My guess is they (including folks above Coppy's pay grade) aren't delivering the revenue boost they promised with the new stadium, and they are feeling heat to generate excitement and boost attendance/revenue.

To be fair, it isn't just the attendance that is supposed to increase revenue. I saw a headline from the Atlanta Business Chronicle that indicated they are profiting nicely from ownership of The Battery. I'm not a member so I didn't get to read the article, but they always mentioned the lack of control of the Turner surroundings as a big factor when explaining the move to Cumberland.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaw For This Useful Post:

Tapate50 (07-28-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    If you did not know the facts of today, consider these three things posted:

Gohara to AAA Gwinnett
    Toussaint to AA Mississippi
    Soroka to Atlanta by Opening Day

Which of these would you consider sarcasm, a blatant falsehood, or a legit news report? Me either. Why I hate cute little "sarcastic" posts; Copo's reality is tough enough to discern, don't you think?

Post a link like responsible news sites and respected boards do and maybe we'll garner some of the respect Chop Country deserves but doesn't get.
    Don't really have anything negative to say about the moves. I like to see our guys challenged. Touki had a helluva run there, and Gohara doesn't have anything left to prove.
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Both Soroka and Gohara are likely to make their major league debuts in 2018. However, for a variety of reasons, it would make sense for the club to send them down to AAA at the start of the season.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    Both Soroka and Gohara are likely to make their major league debuts in 2018. However, for a variety of reasons, it would make sense for the club to send them down to AAA at the start of the season.
    I would definitely like to see them get a half season at AAA. We should be able to patch together a working roration for 3 months.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,151 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    I would definitely like to see them get a half season at AAA. We should be able to patch together a working roration for 3 months.
    Personally, unless the Braves fall out of the race fairly early, I don't anticipate that there will be any great urgency to promote either of them in 2018. I think the Braves likely acquire another starter before the start of the 2018 season and I don't think there will really be an organizational push to move these kids unless injuries or total ineffectiveness set in.

There are clear openings at 2b and I would anticipate the Braves breaking in an OF at some point in 2018 with Markakis expiring and having less leverage on the organization based on that. But I don't really see the need for the starters.

Now if they decided not to acquire another starter, you could really see some shuttling back and forth as they try different options, none of whom would vie particularly likely to stick in a playoff run mentality.

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    766 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    You can get by with 4 for a month or so. A guy like Dickey could swing into a long man easily. I'd agree we wouldn't want to have two rookies in the rotation if we can.

Right now I think we're trading for someone in the offseason and we will deal Tehran...not sure why but they seem to be itching.

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    488 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ2dollas View Post
    You can get by with 4 for a month or so. A guy like Dickey could swing into a long man easily. I'd agree we wouldn't want to have two rookies in the rotation if we can.

Right now I think we're trading for someone in the offseason and we will deal Tehran...not sure why but they seem to be itching.

The why is that they think they can get a return for Julio that will move the needle. If they can't, then I hope and trust they won't do it.

Called Up to the Major Leagues
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    Something as simple as a minor league promotion has to lead to the same childish rants about th FO from the same loser fans.