Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rule 5 mess

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    376 Posts
    Looking a trimming the fat for LH relievers.

Minter- He’ll be ready but won’t need a 40 man spot
    Lindgren- If healthy he’d be a stud. Already on the 40 man
    Kroll- Should have been traded last offseason. Non tender candidate or trade now
    Freeman- out of options, could keep him but could be dealt
    Tyler Pike- Probably has a better career as a reliever, and has value. Needs to be on 40 man
    Michael Mader-Already moved to reliever and has value. Needs to be on 40 man
    Jesse Biddle- Already moved to reliever and has value. Needs to be on 40 man
    Adam Mcreery- He’s pitched well, but in Rome and Florida. Needs to be on 40 man
    The odds are we’re going to add at least a couple of lefties to the pen, and we have Chase Johnsn-
    I think Mader, Kroll, Freeman, McReery are all gone.
    Mullins, Corbin Clouse, and maybe Thomas Burrows as fast risers to be major league ready at some point next season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chico View Post
    Looking a trimming the fat for LH relievers.

Minter- He’ll be ready but won’t need a 40 man spot
    Lindgren- If healthy he’d be a stud. Already on the 40 man
    Kroll- Should have been traded last offseason. Non tender candidate or trade now
    Freeman- out of options, could keep him but could be dealt
    Tyler Pike- Probably has a better career as a reliever, and has value. Needs to be on 40 man
    Michael Mader-Already moved to reliever and has value. Needs to be on 40 man
    Jesse Biddle- Already moved to reliever and has value. Needs to be on 40 man
    Adam Mcreery- He’s pitched well, but in Rome and Florida. Needs to be on 40 man
    The odds are we’re going to add at least a couple of lefties to the pen, and we have Chase Johnsn-
    I think Mader, Kroll, Freeman, McReery are all gone.
    Mullins, Corbin Clouse, and maybe Thomas Burrows as fast risers to be major league ready at some point next season.
    I think we can risk losing guys like McCreery, Mader and Pike. They are unlikely to be selected. And even if selected unlikely to stick with the selecting team, which means they will be returned. There is a right-handed pitcher in AAA, Dave Peterson, who is in the same boat. I'd be more worried about losing him since he has a better chance of sticking and also being a useful major league player.

We really do not have an issue this off-season. I doubt very much we will lose anyone of value due to not being able to add them to the 40-man roster.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."