Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 7/31 GDT.. Braves vs It really doesn't matter

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,364 Posts

7/31 GDT.. Braves vs It really doesn't matter

So why has no one told Johan that with 2 outs and runners in scoring position and the pitcher on deck, you are probably not going to get much to hit, so don't swing wildly.
    Coppy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,991 Posts
    The best thing about this entire year has been Folty for me. Folty and Acuna keep me coming for more. lol

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,364 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UNCBlue012 View Post
    The best thing about this entire year has been Folty for me. Folty and Acuna keep me coming for more. lol
    I think there have been much more to be excited about. I just don't think this coaching staff has much in the way of helping players improve. I have no idea how a hitting coach doesn't work with guys hitting 8th about how a pitcher will attack them. I think our manager has lost this team to some degree. He has not been consistent on player handling. This team was exciting and competing. the 2 games I got to watch this weekend, they looked like a Fredi lead team.. lackadaisical and whatever attitude.
    Coppy

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bravesfanMatt For This Useful Post:

UNCBlue012 (07-31-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,991 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    I think there have been much more to be excited about. I just don't think this coaching staff has much in the way of helping players improve. I have no idea how a hitting coach doesn't work with guys hitting 8th about how a pitcher will attack them. I think our manager has lost this team to some degree. He has not been consistent on player handling. This team was exciting and competing. the 2 games I got to watch this weekend, they looked like a Fredi lead team.. lackadaisical and whatever attitude.
    I really do like Snit, but I think we need a fresh coach with a fresh approach. We need something new.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to UNCBlue012 For This Useful Post:

Preacher (07-31-2017)

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    406 Posts
    The Phillies are really going to sweep us....wow.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,321 Posts
    Ballgame

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,701 Posts
    How stupid does this FO look right now? Thinking we were a contender ha

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,364 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UNCBlue012 View Post
    I really do like Snit, but I think we need a fresh coach with a fresh approach. We need something new.
    I never liked him.. I understand why he got this year.. but I didn't like it. I think a lethargic coach = lethargic team.. And I don't mean you have to have a hot head.. but you need someone who is engaging and likes to take risks.. someone who shows they have a players back but will also help them when they struggle. someone who doesn't mind teaching even if it is a veteran who needs to be taught. snit is very much the same as Frediot in that he just tips his cap and excepts defeat.

His handling of Swanson was the final straw for me personally.
    Coppy

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bravesfanMatt For This Useful Post:

Hudson2 (07-31-2017), UNCBlue012 (07-31-2017)

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    239 Posts
    Like I've said elsewhere, I'm very concerned about how this team helps young players grow in general.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to GeorgiaGirl For This Useful Post:

Garmel (07-31-2017)

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    239 Posts
    I never liked him.. I understand why he got this year.. but I didn't like it. I think a lethargic coach = lethargic team.. And I don't mean you have to have a hot head.. but you need someone who is engaging and likes to take risks.. someone who shows they have a players back but will also help them when they struggle. someone who doesn't mind teaching even if it is a veteran who needs to be taught. snit is very much the same as Frediot in that he just tips his cap and excepts defeat.

Either send someone down or play them, not this in between bull. I don't think you can learn how to find an approach vs breaking balls in the big leagues however.
    Last edited by GeorgiaGirl; 07-31-2017 at 12:43 PM.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    How embarrassing is it to get swept by the Phillies??? Everyone screaming about wanting a higher draft pick looks like they'll get their wish. Lol.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts

Not to blindly defend anyone, but everyone's aware that sending Swanson down isn't Snitker's call, right?

Snit's paid to win games - and doing so typically involves "playing the hot hand". The brass should've made the call to send Dansby down the first time Camargo started back-to-back games at SS.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to clvclv For This Useful Post:

UNCBlue012 (07-31-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,701 Posts
    FF coming back to earth

Called Up to the Major Leagues SJ24's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    291 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    How embarrassing is it to get swept by the Phillies??? Everyone screaming about wanting a higher draft pick looks like they'll get their wish. Lol.
    !!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,364 Posts
    Not to blindly defend anyone, but everyone's aware that sending Swanson down isn't Snitker's call, right?

Snit's paid to win games - and doing so typically involves "playing the hot hand". The brass should've made the call to send Dansby down the first time Camargo started back-to-back games at SS.
    I wasn't defending the FO in this. they screwed up too. But Snit handled him poorly and playing the hot hand has gotten us where? Johan now has the job and he is really no better than Dansby. Who would I rather have up there popping out weakly or striking out all the time.. Dansby or Johan..
    Coppy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,701 Posts
    Braves bout to get swept by worst team in baseball since sending Swanson down. Dodgers coming to town. How long does it take for the braves to win a game without Swanson on the roster?

Not insinuating Swanson not playing is the reason for losing, but perhaps karma is

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,044 Posts
    Snit's paid to win games - and doing so typically involves "playing the hot hand".
    No. You win games by playing the better player consistently. Dansby is better than Camargo.

If you try to 'play the hot hand,' then you are likely just going to end up sitting guys at the end of a cold stretch. And look what happened to Dansby after he started getting benched - was that good for the team's current ability to win games? And is it good for their ability to win games in the future?

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    239 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Braves bout to get swept by worst team in baseball since sending Swanson down. Dodgers coming to town. How long does it take for the braves to win a game without Swanson on the roster?

Not insinuating Swanson not playing is the reason for losing, but perhaps karma is
    Karma, and this is a game with humans too. The team is thoroughly deflated with the Garcia trade, they know that was it, and the season is over. It needs an injection of kids.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,701 Posts
    Snit's hot hand approach really paying off... the last 2 days vs starters with era over 5, we have 1 run. Today we have 1 hit. Snit's ability to pick the hot hand is Nostradamus-like

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,856 Posts
    I didn't happen how I thought it would but the Braves are going to end the tough July 10-15. Their worst monthly record of the season so far.