Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Wasn't Aware...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,524 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BremanFan88 View Post
    The WWE now is literally rated PG. It's pathetic.
    So, I've heard. I haven't watched wrestling since I was 12, so it makes no difference to me.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,762 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CyYoung31 View Post
    So, I've heard. I haven't watched wrestling since I was 12, so it makes no difference to me.
    I watch it every now and then... John Cena is just too much now. If they had turned him heel years ago I probably would still watch.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,524 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BravesFanInSAV View Post
    Rock/Austin is the only thing that could really match WCW, but Rock/Austin didn't get HUGE until 2001. The Astrodome fight at WM17 was huge, sucks that Vince ruined it by turning Stone Cold heel.

DX was a copycat version of nWo.

WWF was full of gimmicks. Yeah they were entertaining, but it was a hybrid cross of fantasy and wrestling. WCW had a few characters like Glacier, but they weren't top billing they were midcarders.
    What are you talking about? Rock vs. Austin was the big storyline along with Austin vs. McMahon during the late 1998 and early 1999 period. It all culminated with a title match between Rock vs. Austin at Wrestlemania 15. It was an epic revenge/redemption storyline focusing on Austin, and the rivalry between him and McMahon is legendary. It was probably the best storyline in wrestling history.

I thought that the Ministry of Darkness **** was terrible. And the Undertaker is my favorite wrestler of all-time.

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Rock obvious movie star, Austin isn't bad, I can't think of any cartoony WCW actors except Hogan, which is a joke.

WCW hurt itself with staged crowds just like TNA now. When you go to full size arenas it means more.

I don't watch like I used to because I can't stand Cena and I can't stand their storylines, the two main gripes about the product. TNA is unbearable. Bully Ray is the only one that is redeemable in watching.

Playing the Waiting Game BremanFan88's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    216 Posts
    I watch it every now and then... John Cena is just too much now. If they had turned him heel years ago I probably would still watch.
    TNA is where it's at. Great wrestling, long term story telling, not PG...It's good stuff.
    All you need is Hart and Cox.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BremanFan88 For This Useful Post:

kingphatcow (07-17-2013)

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,762 Posts
    What are you talking about? Rock vs. Austin was the big storyline along with Austin vs. McMahon during the late 1998 and early 1999 period. It all culminated with a title match between Rock vs. Austin at Wrestlemania 15. It was an epic revenge/redemption storyline focusing on Austin, and the rivalry between him and McMahon is legendary. It was probably the best storyline in wrestling history.

I thought that the Ministry of Darkness **** was terrible. And the Undertaker is my favorite wrestler of all-time.
    I was 8-9 years old when the Ministry stuff happened, and I was legitimately scared.

Best storyline in history is easily Sting vs nWo culminating in the match at Starrcade 97. Sting was fighting the nWo without actually wrestling for over a year. He'd come int he ring and make the save. Then one night they finally got to him and beat him up real bad. Every last 5 minutes of every Monday Nitro were epic. You never knew what was going to happen. If Sting came the crowd erupted, if he didn't everyone was sad because there was nobody to save the day.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    216 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AerchAngel View Post
    Rock obvious movie star, Austin isn't bad, I can't think of any cartoony WCW actors except Hogan, which is a joke.

WCW hurt itself with staged crowds just like TNA now. When you go to full size arenas it means more.

I don't watch like I used to because I can't stand Cena and I can't stand their storylines, the two main gripes about the product. TNA is unbearable. Bully Ray is the only one that is redeemable in watching.
    Typical TNA hater that's never truly watched it. You get that info from that hack Meltzer? The best WRESTLERS are in TNA. Styles, Aries, Roode, Joe, the talent is crazy good.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BremanFan88 For This Useful Post:

kingphatcow (07-17-2013)

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,762 Posts
    I'm sure WWE has some solid wrestlers... Vince just doesn't allow them to wrestle anymore.

Every WWE match is basically punch punch punch, irish whip clothesline. Punch punch punch kick to stomach. Signature move. Signature move other guy. Finishing move reverse. Finishing move kickout.
    Forever Fredi

11. The Following User Says Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

BremanFan88 (07-12-2013)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,524 Posts
    I'm sure WWE has some solid wrestlers... Vince just doesn't allow them to wrestle anymore.

Every WWE match is basically punch punch punch, irish whip clothesline. Punch punch punch kick to stomach. Signature move. Signature move other guy. Finishing move reverse. Finishing move kickout.
    I've heard that they're not even allowed to use chairs anymore.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Typical TNA hater that's never truly watched it. You get that info from that hack Meltzer? The best WRESTLERS are in TNA. Styles, Aries, Roode, Joe, the talent is crazy good.
    A typical TNA mark. I don't like either brand, but rather watch a full arena with fans than a prop set up with TNA. It has cheezy written all over it. The only thing decent over there is the Knockouts who aren't really eye candy and remind me of a bunch of Lita's.

As for your list of wrestlers, only Styles could compete against Daniel Bryan (which would be an awesome match). He would demolish the rest.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    216 Posts

I can't watch a promotion where the owner doesn't even acknowledge he's in the wrestling business. It's like he's ashamed of it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    I've heard that they're not even allowed to use chairs anymore.
    They can use chairs, but they can't blade. Brock Lesnar got busted open legitimately against HHH. It was nasty looking.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    I can't watch a promotion where the owner doesn't even acknowledge he's in the wrestling business. It's like he's ashamed of it.
    Like Hogan?

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,762 Posts
    A typical TNA mark. I don't like either brand, but rather watch a full arena with fans than a prop set up with TNA. It has cheezy written all over it. The only thing decent over there is the Knockouts who aren't really eye candy and remind me of a bunch of Lita's.

As for your list of wrestlers, only Styles could compete against Daniel Bryan (which would be an awesome match). He would demolish the rest.
    Joe is a solid wrestler. Angle is always great. Bobby Roode is pretty good. Christopher Daniels and AJ Styles have had some classic matches.

And TNA is still a young company... I mean it's only 11 years old. They're the clear #2 wrestling promotion. The only problem they have is, they can't lose the audience. They have to keep building momentum and not lose it because they're the #2, but the gap between them and WWE is still huge.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    216 Posts

Shows how much you know. TNA is on the road now getting nice hot crowds. Not big dead crowds. Watch a video of the last Wrestlemania. The crowd ruined it. Just a bunch of smarks trolling.

I've heard Bryan can go he just doesn't have anyone to go with in the WWE. So wow they have one good wrestler. Styles is a GOAT but Aries is probably better.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to BremanFan88 For This Useful Post:

kingphatcow (07-17-2013)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    216 Posts
    Like Hogan?
    Not the owner...and without Hogan the WWF doesn't exist.

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,762 Posts
    He's kind of ruined the mystique and fantasy of pro wrestling.

I am all for the outside promotion of the product, doing things for charities and the troops, but those things don't need to be publicized on TV and shoved in your face. I mean ever since Benoit and the steroids scandal, they've been trying to be more PR friendly. It kind of ruins the mystique of the wrestler's persona to see him doing charities and tributes out of character. Not saying it's bad, but you know those things don't have to be shown and televised so much.

Vince embraces that it's not longer wrestling and just entertainment.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    216 Posts
    but the gap between them and WWE is still huge.
    Only in American. They are #1 in many parts of the world including Europe. Not surprising since those people value the wrestling aspect.

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,762 Posts
    Only in American. They are #1 in many parts of the world including Europe. Not surprising since those people value the wrestling aspect.
    Oh yeah. I mean WWE sells out Europe and Asian markets just because it's WWE...

I wouldn't be surprised if TNA has more passionate fans in other parts of the world. I know they have a huge following in England. Interested to know if Japan loves TNA or WWE more.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    216 Posts
    He's kind of ruined the mystique and fantasy of pro wrestling.

I am all for the outside promotion of the product, doing things for charities and the troops, but those things don't need to be publicized on TV and shoved in your face. I mean ever since Benoit and the steroids scandal, they've been trying to be more PR friendly. It kind of ruins the mystique of the wrestler's persona to see him doing charities and tributes out of character. Not saying it's bad, but you know those things don't have to be shown and televised so much.

Vince embraces that it's not longer wrestling and just entertainment.
    Have you ever tried to watch old WCW stuff released by the WWE? They blurred out all the Benoit signs. I know the guy went crazy but you can't completely erase what the guy did while he was in the company. Those cruiserweight matches...damn.