Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Wasn't Aware...

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    314 Posts
    Guys I found this place when someone slipped a link in over there. Good to see most of the band over here. That place is dying the slow death. Been a member since the mid-00's but it is sad.

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    Your neighborhood?
    Sudden Valley.

Arizona Fall Leaguer
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    Just curious I guess.....

Haha... this is awesome.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    Sudden Valley.
    Salad dressing, I think. But for some reason I don't want to eat it.

Approaching Buddy Hernandez Territory ChapelHillMatt's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts
    Should have some more members tomorrow. There is a thread on scout asking where everyone is and I told them we have gone to another board. I've PM'd 3 different members this link. I expect more to ask about it. This will basically be what scout used to be.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,278 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChapelHillMatt View Post
    Should have some more members tomorrow. There is a thread on scout asking where everyone is and I told them we have gone to another board. I've PM'd 3 different members this link. I expect more to ask about it. This will basically be what scout used to be.
    Good work. I have a few accounts already banned.. And not getting any approved

Playing the Waiting Game Bdawg2309's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Is OP PD? Just has 2 posts.

Not Actually Brian Hunter Metaphysicist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    878 Posts
    nah, clv is a longtime poster.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    No, I'm not PD (thanks for the clarification Alex), and registered because I received a PM about this board.

As I mentioned, I don't know any details about the rifts between current or former Mods, with PD, or anything else, and have asked to be left out of them. If others have had issues over there, I certainly understand. I also realize how tough it is to try to get a board up and keep it active, and applaud anyone's efforts and hard work in doing so. I was initially asked to help out as a Mod, and have since been asked to help out a little more - not big on "Titles", but as Admin or Assistant Admin or whatever - and am working to bring some outside content to the board and revive the Premium side with chats, etc..

People will always clash because we're all passionate about the Braves, and I think we all enjoy spirited discussions about our opinions. My goal is simply to keep those discussions "civil" so as not to have differing opinions lead to lurkers feeling they don't want to contribute to discussions because they might get ridiculed, etc., and not "pick sides" - we all think we're right and will argue from time-to-time, but it's just because we're fans..."fanatics".

Again I just didn't realize I was stepping into the middle of anything, and apologize for any ruckus my registering may have caused. I've been a Premium member over there for years and have been asked to help out, and feel compelled to do so if I can.

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    Assistant to the admin

Hopefully someone understands it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to NinersSBChamps For This Useful Post:

kingphatcow (07-17-2013)

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    No, I'm not PD (thanks for the clarification Alex), and registered because I received a PM about this board.

As I mentioned, I don't know any details about the rifts between current or former Mods, with PD, or anything else, and have asked to be left out of them. If others have had issues over there, I certainly understand. I also realize how tough it is to try to get a board up and keep it active, and applaud anyone's efforts and hard work in doing so. I was initially asked to help out as a Mod, and have since been asked to help out a little more - not big on "Titles", but as Admin or Assistant Admin or whatever - and am working to bring some outside content to the board and revive the Premium side with chats, etc..

People will always clash because we're all passionate about the Braves, and I think we all enjoy spirited discussions about our opinions. My goal is simply to keep those discussions "civil" so as not to have differing opinions lead to lurkers feeling they don't want to contribute to discussions because they might get ridiculed, etc., and not "pick sides" - we all think we're right and will argue from time-to-time, but it's just because we're fans..."fanatics".

Again I just didn't realize I was stepping into the middle of anything, and apologize for any ruckus my registering may have caused. I've been a Premium member over there for years and have been asked to help out, and feel compelled to do so if I can.
    Your registering didn't cause any ruckus, your assumptions that "our allegiances" were divided is what caused a ruckus. We all have a clear mind as to what we're doing here. There's no clouded gray area.

There are plenty here who were former premium members for years.

Not Actually Brian Hunter Metaphysicist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    878 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post

Chris, post here all you want. It's the same community, it's just in a different location now. It's just the next step in the AccessAtlanta -> FanHome -> Scout -> ? progression.

The reason we moved was because those spirited discussions were eliminated. Basically every active poster here had comments deleted over nothing, and a good portion of us were outright banned for mundane offenses. Basically, we were encouraged to move on, so we did. I don't really view it as a "Team Scout" vs "Team ChopCountry" thing; I have no qualms with you being a Scout admin. But I do think that board has basically reached the end of it's life cycle.
    Last edited by Metaphysicist; 07-08-2013 at 08:18 AM.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    What meta said. Some people are gonna be bitter about scout, but that will all go away at some point. What you do over there and here are 2 monsters. We're not gonna crucify you for being a mod or admin over there. If you want to come here to post go ahead. Meta's point is pretty much the central one, we moved to this board because of wanting more freedom, and every board is bound to die (this one included) and I think the Braves scout forum is at that point. Don't feel like no one wants you over here cause I'll take anyone who wants to add something to the board. A board can't grow without a variety of people and we need that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Why not just join this board and help this community of those you used to enjoy posting with grow? Why choose to help out a largely absent publisher and an admin who abused his power and banned/ran off most of us? You said in your post on scout that you welcome any and all posters to discuss openly their opinions and such, but unfortunately this was/is just not the case with PD as admin. Why support that instead of supporting us?

This is the new and best place to talk braves baseball. Why not support that if you have no dog in this fight, and you just want a place to read differing views about Braves baseball. Because that's exactly what you're going to get on this board.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Patio left?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts
    Now I'm banned

Approaching Buddy Hernandez Territory BlackwaterPark's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    What did you get banned for?

Now I'm banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts
    I guess for posting we are posting on another board. I didn't even advertise this site publicly, all I did was answer the question posed last night on one of the threads. I'm assuming Patio did it. If this doesn't prove we did the right thing by starting this website then I don't know what does.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesfan View Post
    Patio left?
    He posted on the premium board last night and obviously banned me so he's still around

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    I guess for posting we are posting on another board. I didn't even advertise this site publicly, all I did was answer the question posed last night on one of the threads. I'm assuming Patio did it. If this doesn't prove we did the right thing by starting this website then I don't know what does.
    This board is just simply the place to be now. We have good discussions, great posters and excellent leadership here.