Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Braves Call Up Max Fried, Board has Anuerysm

Where's My Cup of Coffee?
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    So if they call up Acuna, I won't be happy but I'll be thrilled. I'm just gonna put on blinders and let myself be a dumb fan.
    With Acuna I won't be happy if he starts the season next year in the majors, but in his case the kid is destroying the ball at all levels and there will be solid reasoning for doing so. Not being happy but being thrilled to watch him I think would be a good description for me as well.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by auyushu View Post
    It's rather sad the poor reading comprehension going on in the thread, it's like people see something that they disagree with, and then make posts against a narrative people aren't really saying. People (outside of a couple posts in this thread) aren't complaining about Fried to the bullpen, we're worried about the plug and play yoyo thing as you put it.
    Yeah. Because using them in the pen for 10 days absolutely ruined the careers of David Price, Chris Sale, Lance Lynn, Woody Williams, Derek Lowe, Ryan Dempster, C. J. Wilson, Chuck Finley, Charlie Hough, Wilbur Wood, Keny Rogers, David Wells, and Dave Stewart among so many others.

I sure hope the guys who made the same call on all of them were fired immediately. What a bunch of idiots those guys were.

It's ten days for crying out loud - get over yourselves.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    It's rather sad the poor reading comprehension going on in the thread, it's like people see something that they disagree with, and then make posts against a narrative people aren't really saying. People (outside of a couple posts in this thread) aren't complaining about Fried to the bullpen, we're worried about the plug and play yoyo thing as you put it.
    Exactly. Unbelievable really. People policing other people is funny. I usually just post about prospects i see and stay away from the other bs. I'm even typically pro front office. No one is saying let's burn the John's, just wondering what the thought is. Hart is even confused. Lol

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    For all the folks that want to be in perpetual rebuild mode, no one remembers David Price? Chris Sale? Lance Lynn? Woody Williams? Derek Lowe, Ryan Dempster, C. J. Wilson, Chuck Finley, Charlie Hough, Wilbur Wood, Keny Rogers, David Wells? How about our buddy Dave Stewart???

Using them out of the pen at one point didn't mean they were "given up on".
    How many had Tommy John surgery early in their careers
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts
    I sure hope the guys who made the same call on all of them were fired immediately. What a bunch of idiots those guys were.

It's ten days for crying out loud - get over yourselves.
    Holy crap your reading comprehension sucks.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    At the risk of going all Enscheff, feel free to give me some examples of when you were right in these thread with your trite reasoning. How is that Swanson promotion working? Or how about that Julio is too valuable to trade for someone like Benintendi and it's Moncada or bust thing working out for you?

You are providing nothing of substance here, just defending the FO moves because they are making them, as usual.
    My comments have nothing to do with "defending the FO". The point is that no one - including me - has any information that leads anyone to the conclusion that the organization has "given up" on Fried as a starter. If you do, I'd love to see it - maybe we can scoop MLBTR, Pipeline, and BA tomorrow.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts
    The point is that no one - including me - has any information that leads anyone to the conclusion that the organization has "given up" on Fried as a starter. If you do, I'd love to see it - maybe we can scoop MLBTR, Pipeline, and BA tomorrow.
    Good grief man, how many posts does it take before you realize that nobody in this freaking thread besides you is discussing the FO giving up on Fried as a starter. I certainly haven't made a single post in this thread saying I'm worried about him starting in the bullpen versus as a starter, yet here you are ranting against a strawman acting like I have been. This is why I'm calling you out for your reading comprehension skills, you having your own little argument with yourself here.

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Good grief man, how many posts does it take before you realize that nobody in this freaking thread besides you is discussing the FO giving up on Fried as a starter. I certainly haven't made a single post in this thread saying I'm worried about him starting in the bullpen versus as a starter, yet here you are ranting against a strawman acting like I have been. This is why I'm calling you out for your reading comprehension skills, you having your own little argument with yourself here.
    Gotta admit clv. It is bizarrre...no one is saying give up on Fried starting or being in the pen. If anything it's what's behind these moves.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    If you can find one post where I directed that post at you, you'll have found the first. There were several posts where other people were criticizing the fact that this must mean they're giving up on Fried as a starter. Try a little "reading" before you move on to "comprehension".

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts
    You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become Enscheff.
    Forever Fredi

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

auyushu (08-05-2017), Garmel (08-05-2017), Managuarantano's Volunteers (08-05-2017)

Called Up to the Major Leagues
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    Board has Anuerysm
    So it's not only me who notices this after every roster move...

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    531 Posts
    My only beef is if Snitker misuses him ala Akeel Morris.

Akeel had been pitching the best out of the bullpen, and Snitker used him in a long reliever/blowout role in Arizona, just so he could save more ineffective relievers. I want to see this kid tested early and as often as he can go.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Deester11 View Post
    Gotta admit clv. It is bizarrre...no one is saying give up on Fried starting or being in the pen. If anything it's what's behind these moves.
    Post #8 - Why give up on him starting and stick him in the bullpen for a team that isn't contending?

Post #31 - Could he be an Andrew Miller type out of the pen?

Post #45 - I guess they could achieve this by having him pitch in the Caribbean this Fall / Winter, but it seems more likely they are viewing Fried as a RP now.

Were mfree (Post #53) and I the only people listening when they talked to Hart the other night???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts
    If you can find one post where I directed that post at you, you'll have found the first. There were several posts where other people were criticizing the fact that this must mean they're giving up on Fried as a starter. Try a little "reading" before you move on to "comprehension".
    Umm, you quoted me when you made the post, that tends to mean you were responding to me with it. That's kinda how this internet thingie works.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,123 Posts
    Post #8 - Why give up on him starting and stick him in the bullpen for a team that isn't contending?

Post #31 - Could he be an Andrew Miller type out of the pen?

Post #45 - I guess they could achieve this by having him pitch in the Caribbean this Fall / Winter, but it seems more likely they are viewing Fried as a RP now.

Were mfree (Post #53) and I the only people listening when they talked to Hart the other night???
    Yeah I asked if he could be an Andrew Miller type. Where is that saying he was given up on as a starter?

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Fredi View Post
    You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become Enscheff.
    DERPPPP

lol.

Trailer trash sister ****er. haha

/self destruct/

edit: $5 lawn mower . . . something professor whiteboard . . . f a n g r a p h s ... pozzy barves assemble

/taskkill insults.txt
    /taskkill firefox.exe
    /start vodka

<FATAL ERROR>
    Last edited by Hawk; 08-05-2017 at 03:47 PM.

18. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Hawk For This Useful Post:

BoneThrower (08-05-2017), CyYoung31 (08-05-2017), Garmel (08-05-2017), GovClintonTyree (08-05-2017), jpx7 (08-05-2017), Knucksie (08-05-2017), nsacpi (08-05-2017), The Chosen One (08-05-2017), zbhargrove (08-05-2017)

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hudson2 View Post
    Yeah I asked if he could be an Andrew Miller type. Where is that saying he was given up on as a starter?
    Those posts dont indicate aneurysms at all! Enscheff did a number on this board!

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Umm, you quoted me when you made the post, that tends to mean you were responding to me with it. That's kinda how this internet thingie works.
    I quoted you to point out that you must be that guy that's in on all the meetings since you pointed out that I continually question how anyone here KNOWS the plan.

Since you're obviously a member of the Braves' front office, I apologize.

Mashin' to Mississippi
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    Per Grant McCauley

Max Fried will get a shot out of the bullpen with possible spot start if needed too. #Braves still view him as a starting pitcher long term.

EVERYONE BREATH EASY!!!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to steveAKAslick For This Useful Post:

buck75 (08-05-2017)

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,830 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rico43 View Post
    Don't take it personally; did not want thread to project one point of view only. FWIW, I disagreed sharply with the initial posting's statement and many of the following posts reflected the hysteria that is so rich at time like these. So i made the call. Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    Well now, with its patronizing tone, the thread-title still reflects one point of view only—it's the other side of the coin, but it's still a singular editorial perspective. If you truly wanted a more objective title, you'd have just truncated things to Braves Call Up Max Fried, full-stop.

As for "taking it personally": for what it's worth, I have no problem with this particular call-up, and never said I did. As mentioned, Fried's on the older side as it is, so service-clock concerns are mitigated; moreover, given his injurious history, throwing him some limited major-league innings out of the bullpen, over the final month-plus of the season, is probably a good way to position the kid—whether it's for a rotational or relief role—to potentially make the 25-man out of the gate next spring. Personally, I was never banking much on Fried anyways, so that probably fuels my indifference to this specific instance—but I was totally on-board with bringing up Newcomb and Simms, to see what they've got, for much the same reasons as I'm ok with this.

However, in light of some of the much-less-justifiable promotions, I can totally understand and sympathize with some of the knee-jerk bewilderment and/or disapproval of this move. Yes, in a vacuum, the Fried promotion makes a lot of sense; but after the rushing of Swanson last year, the needless major-league debut of Albies this past week, the hyper-accelerated schedule heretofore for Acuņa, I can see why it'd have the first-blush look of a haphazard or ill-conceived move.
    Last edited by jpx7; 08-05-2017 at 04:16 PM.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."