Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Braves Revenue Up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,896 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    sold it 2+ years ago. 2 am is way to freaking early to get up and make donuts.
    My man, there's never bad times for doughnuts
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    696 Posts
    Regarding the Braves revenue, re-posting this article from the offseason. The Braves will qualify for revenue sharing this season, but will likely not qualify 2018 and beyond. That's another big chunk of cash in the mix for the future.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/r...evenue_sharing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,731 Posts
    Hell must have frozen over if we are benefiting from one of mlb's attempts to improve the game. Even if its only for one year. I dont know any reason MLB would purposely screw us over but I dont think there is any denying we have got shafted numerous times since the early 90's. The wild card ****ed us over in the mid/late 90's. Then MLB decided teams have to share any national tv revenue evenly with the other MLB teams. Then MLB said we werent charging TBS enough. So TBS no longer shows Braves games. Then there was draft and follow which we used as well as anyone. Cant have that now. Theres also that time MLB gave the Nationals 25 million and not tell anyone about it until someone exposed it.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    So up 12M for Q2. Double that for July-September. So an increase in profits of about 25M on an annual basis.
    Hello Moose!
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Mr. Free Trade
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    514 Posts
    smarter to hold the money back for the most part instead of making a bad deal like Mouse

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,123 Posts
    Now think about if we were in a playoff hunt, it would be even higher. I wouldn't sign Moose. I'd package Kemp with a few good prospects for Stanton.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,493 Posts
    I think next year and the year after we will have a better idea of what our revenue will be compared to our budget. The battery is still at about 50% or less occupancy. Most of the businesses have not opened yet. Comcast moves employees into that building after or around thanksgiving while the omni opens around the end of the year.

So if we can build a competitive team coupled with the the revenue from year round use of the battery, I think our team payroll should definitely jump significantly
    Get off my lawn!

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    376 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanforlife88 View Post
    I think next year and the year after we will have a better idea of what our revenue will be compared to our budget. The battery is still at about 50% or less occupancy. Most of the businesses have not opened yet. Comcast moves employees into that building after or around thanksgiving while the omni opens around the end of the year.

So if we can build a competitive team coupled with the the revenue from year round use of the battery, I think our team payroll should definitely jump significantly
    Yes. We have to think about attendance moreso than other rebuilding teams because we need to get people out to the park to enjoy the Battery and come back when the Braves are playing away games or in the offseason. It is definitely a cash cow though.

I know most don't want to thin about the business side of the equation but it all comes back to money.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanforlife88 View Post

Adding to that the increasing population in the Cobb county area. This whole project is coming together and could become very lucrative.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Vencer a Los Doyers GovClintonTyree's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,033 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Its not a tax loophole. Depreciation/Amortization is an allowable tax deduction. Is is the systematic allocation of cash outlay for a fixed asset which you are benefiting from over time.
    Bravo! Well done.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,493 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Adding to that the increasing population in the Cobb county area. This whole project is coming together and could become very lucrative.
    Seems like it is. We should take part of the revenue and invest in dealing Markakis or kemp. Promote Acuna next season. Ten of lan to spend big next offseason when you have a really good free agent class
    Get off my lawn!