Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: August 11th GDT

Where's My Cup of Coffee?
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    Sntiker doesnt matter to me because we would just bring in a new guy to do the same ****. Why keep shuffling retards around. Now if they actually want to hire a competent manager I am all for it. Theres about 2 in all of baseball so I dont see it happening.
    There are much more than 2, but I agree with your general premise. Snitker is terrible, but Washington was apparently their second choice, and he would be equally as bad as Snitker if not worse. I have zero confidence in our FO to make a good hire with their "Braves way" BS mantra. We had a chance to hire a solid manager in Bud Black who would have been perfect for the young pitching we have coming up, but blew it to stick with game 7.

I like what Seitzer has done overall as well, wouldn't mind seeing him stay and have complete staff turnover otherwise in the offseason. No clue who I would want us to go after as manager now though, I thought Black was a no brainer last offseason though.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    532 Posts
    I'm a Snit the Twit hater, but I can't trust this FO to make a solid hire. I think Ron Washington would be just as bad a hire with more years/money attached. I just have this feeling that if Snitker is reassigned in the organization that Washington will take over. Washington admittedly knows very little and doesn't care about advanced stats. I'm just tired of this organization (even down to the broadcaters) foo-fooing and laughing about advanced stats. I even think Chip alluded to these people as nerds at one point.

Anyway, the team is now just 1 GB San Diego for the 6th spot (though SD has tiebreaker) and 1.5 GB Oakland for the 5th pick in next year's draft.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    532 Posts
    Just some numbers for Atlanta that don't mean much in the long run.

Atlanta vs. teams currently greater than .500
    14-26 (.350 PCT)

Atlanta vs. teams currently at .500
    6-7 record (.461 PCT)

Atlanta vs. teams currently below .500
    31-29 (.516 PCT) - 29-18 (.617) when taking Philadelphia out. This clearly looks like a .500 team without Philly, but you have to beat up on them. There's no reason Atlanta shouldn't be at least 9-4 or 8-5 against Philadelphia right now.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WaitingFor2017 For This Useful Post:

buck75 (08-12-2017), UNCBlue012 (08-12-2017)

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    488 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    What leads you believe that we would improve by making those changes? I cant even remember the last time Braves fans were satisified with the in game moves of the manager. And please dont say Bobby Cox or I might die of laughing. Fans couldnt wait to see him go. Seitzer is a good hitting coach, leave him alone. Pitching coach can go imo. Sntiker doesnt matter to me because we would just bring in a new guy to do the same ****. Why keep shuffling retards around. Now if they actually want to hire a competent manager I am all for it. Theres about 2 in all of baseball so I dont see it happening.
    Pretty Sure there are a few guys on this board who would be a lot better (sarcasm meter activated)!!!!

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,290 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mfree80 View Post
    Pretty Sure there are a few guys on this board who would be a lot better (sarcasm meter activated)!!!!
    There might be. All of the major moves made by the FO that have been proven to not work out were all heavily criticized at the time they were made by some in this board.

The only group in the FO that has consistently impressed has been the scouting department.

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chop2chip View Post
    There might be. All of the major moves made by the FO that have been proven to not work out were all heavily criticized at the time they were made by some in this board.

The only group in the FO that has consistently impressed has been the scouting department.
    Pretty much anyone on this board could've figured out that leaving in a struggling mediocre LHP to face the other team's RH #3 hitter with runners in scoring position late in a one run game was a terrible idea. Especially when you have an eight man bullpen at your disposal coming off a day off.

I was meh on Snitker until last night. Something about spending a couple hundred bucks for tickets makes his dumbassery a little more difficult to take.