Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Some Red County/Blue County Indicia

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts

Some Red County/Blue County Indicia

* Red counties share of US GDP is already less than 30% and shrinking.
    * Red counties share of adults with at least a bachelor's degree is just 27% and shrinking.
    * Red counties share of adults over 65 is 18% and rising.
    * Red counties median household income is 20% less than Blue counties and falling.
    * Red counties have lower population growth than Blue counties.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    When y'all gonna get off the wagon and start pulling yer weight.

Or even just lose a few pounds so it's not as heavy a load for the rest of us to pull.

"I am your retribution."

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,325 Posts
    Did someone not get enough attention today or something? Anyway, if the blue areas are so great why is there a mass exodus from them?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Share source please
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garmel View Post
    Did someone not get enough attention today or something? Anyway, if the blue areas are so great why is there a mass exodus from them?
    you must have missed this part of my post

btw many red counties have been suffering massive population declines over long periods by now lasting over 50 years...what's up with that

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Share source please
    technofog

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post

btw many red counties have been suffering massive population declines over long periods by now lasting over 50 years...what's up with that
    Thats what happens when the Globlalists change the economic game.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    technofog
    Exactly - You never want to share source because I eat you apart in a data analytical setting.
    Natural Immunity Croc

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,325 Posts

If blue states are so wonderful why can't they maintain their population?

We don't have 10 kids and getting welfare from the state like the left does? Despite the left's rhetoric studies show democrats are the one's sucking up the government assistance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garmel View Post
    If blue states are so wonderful why can't they maintain their population?

We don't have 10 kids and getting welfare from the state like the left does? Despite the left's rhetoric studies show democrats are the one's sucking up the government assistance.
    There has been a lively discussion of Florida population growth by two of our most distinguished posters. For over 50 years now its population growth is 300,000 per year. Almost a cosmological constant. Through periods when it votes red and through periods when it has voted blue.

Calfornia is an interesting discussion to be had. The state is the world capital of the NIMBY movement. Something I've deplored elsewhere. People who have it made in California are not too interested in making it a liveable state for those below them. Especially in northern California, which is outright hostile to population growth. The outcome reflects what they want. Not that I regard that as a wise thing. It is worth noting that when you break migration down by education, California has strong inflows of young educated people. It is mostly the older and less well educated that are leaving. Young people with college degrees (especially in engineering and computer science) migrate to California in numbers that are equivalent to the number that California generates from its own university system. Except other states subsidize the educations of that group. Pretty nifty racket they have cooked up with respect to the flow of highly educated young people whose educations are subsidized by taxpayers in other states and other countries.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 03-05-2023 at 08:57 AM.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    There has been a lively discussion of Florida population growth by two of our most distinguished posters. For over 50 years now its population growth is 300,000 per year. Almost a cosmological constant. Through periods when it votes red and through periods when it has voted blue.

Calfornia is an interesting discussion to be had. The state is the world capital of the NIMBY movement. Something I've deplored elsewhere. People who have it made in California are not too interested in making it a liveable state for those below them. Especially in northern California, which is outright hostile to population growth. The outcome reflects what they want. Not that I regard that as a wise thing. It is worth noting that when you break migration down by education, California has strong inflows of young educated people. It is mostly the older and less well educated that are leaving. Young people with college degrees (especially in engineering and computer science) migrate to California in numbers that are equivalent to the number that California generates from its own university system. Except other states subsidize the educations of that group. Pretty nifty racket they have cooked up with respect to the flow of highly educated young people whose educations are subsidized by taxpayers in other states and other countries.
    That draw is only because its the current home to Silicon Valley as well as its proximity to China for shipping purposes. If, and hopefully when, Silicon Valley leaves you're whole narrative about Blue Counties boils down to which part of the aristocracy you support. But to pretend that leftist policies are why California is what it is from an economic or young talent draw standpoint is laughable at best dishonest at worst. I think we all know what side of the fence you are on here.
    Last edited by thethe; 03-05-2023 at 09:03 AM.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    That draw is only because its the current home to Silicon Valley as well as its proximity to China for shipping purposes. Once that changes you're whole narrative about Blue Counties boils down to which part of the aristocracy you support.
    Silicon Valley is one of two Golden Geese.

The other is the motion picture/entertainment industry. It too attracts a yuge number of very talented young people from around the world.

Both have serious competitors in other states and other countries (don't sleep on London as a competitor in cutting edge AI research). But I don't think either one is going away anytime soon.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 03-05-2023 at 09:06 AM.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Silicon Valley is one of two Golden Geese.

The other is the motion picture/entertainment industry. It too attracts a yuge number of very talented young people from around the world.
    The lifeblood of California is its proximity to China and endless natural ports.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    The lifeblood of California is its proximity to China and endless natural ports.
    A lot of companies are diversifying their supply chains to Mexico, India and Vietnam. Given historical cultural and economic ties, California is pretty well positioned to benefit from that. Geography is certainly an advantage, as are the large immigrant populations, whether from Mexico or Asia.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    A lot of companies are diversifying their supply chains to Mexico, India and Vietnam. Given historical cultural and economic ties, California is pretty well positioned to benefit from that. Geography is certainly an advantage, as are the large immigrant populations, whether from Mexico or Asia.
    I've always been a big proponent of bringing manufacturing to North America. We just have to obviously dismantle the cartels as if they were ISIS equivalent. Once that is over Mexico will thrive from those ashes.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    I've always been a big proponent of bringing manufacturing to North America. We just have to obviously dismantle the cartels as if they were ISIS equivalent. Once that is over Mexico will thrive from those ashes.
    You've been to Mexico City and know its potential. It has problems but also is the natural place to turn to if we want to limit our exposure to China as a trade partner. Mexico was hurt by China's rise as a manufacturing powerhouse. And now it will benefit as we diversify away from China.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 03-05-2023 at 09:36 AM.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    You've been to Mexico City and know its potential. It has problems but also is the natural place to turn to if we want to limit our exposure to China as a trade partner. Mexico was hurt by China's rise as a manufacturing powerhouse. And now it will benefit as we diversify away from China.
    It really is a treasure in a lot of ways. Just have to have some locals to guide you on not just where to go but where not to go and what not to do. Otherwise - Great time.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    It really is a treasure in a lot of ways. Just have to have some locals to guide you on not just where to go but where not to go and what not to do. Otherwise - Great time.
    My son just spent a long weekend in Mexico City. He said it is a fantastic place. Great food. Great nightlife. Felt safe.

"I am your retribution."

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Gotta target your thieves as best as possible

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    The country's reddest county by presidential vote in 2020 was....drum rolls please...scroll down for the reveal

Roberts County, Texas. Gave very poorly chosen one 96.18% of its vote. Population has declined by over 30% in last four decades. What's up with that?

"I am your retribution."