Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Antifa

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Yeah, all those murders in the street and cities that were burned and looted after the travel ban was announced . . . craaaaaaaaazy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    Yeah, all those murders in the street and cities that were burned and looted after the travel ban was announced . . . craaaaaaaaazy.
    Thats the next step in the progression of the crazy leftist as they all out embrace communism.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Yup - Posted that in another thread. When anyone discusses the degradation of political discourse in this country all you have to understand is how significantly radicalized the left has become in 20 years. Studies have shown this and the above picture is a scary reality of where the left is in this country.

Its true of both sides. The way the right tries to portray Obama is just shameful. I dont agree with much of what Obama did but he isnt this boogeyman the right wants to pretend he is. This kind of ignorance is how we get holocausts.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to cajunrevenge For This Useful Post:

goldfly (06-20-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    Its true of both sides. The way the right tries to portray Obama is just shameful. I dont agree with much of what Obama did but he isnt this boogeyman the right wants to pretend he is. This kind of ignorance is how we get holocausts.
    But the studies show the right has not moved on their core pinciples for quite some time.

The rhetoric has absolutely been escalated to an absurd level but actual policy stances have not changed much.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    Can you link me one of those studies?

Also, are we talking republican policies when a democrat is in office or republican policies when a republican is in office because there is a big difference.

And what time frame are we talking about here?

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    Can you link me one of those studies?

Also, are we talking republican policies when a democrat is in office or republican policies when a republican is in office because there is a big difference.

And what time frame are we talking about here?
    I posted another article that is more direct that I am trying to find but here is one that summarizes it well:

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...zation/544059/

It is undeniable that the democrats have changed their stance on many core issues.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Thats the next step in the progression of the crazy leftist as they all out embrace communism.
    Let's look back at the implementation of the travel ban.

It was intentionally rolled out with maximum ambiguity to cast the widest net, and on a weekend to cause the largest disruption. It divided families and trapped small children and elderly adults in airports both here and worldwide. It was widely viewed as poorly constructed and inhumane. It encountered a loud, passionate, but nonviolent resistance. In my community, protest and resistance was organized by an interfaith group of local clergy--Christian, Muslim, and Jewish.

The order was stayed by the courts and its original form was rescinded.

Yet somehow you're trying to use that as some kind of evidence of radicalization, violence, degradation of discourse, etc?

Also, I'd suggest reading up on some historical periods of social unrest in this country before saying stuff like this. Sturg, too. You guys have clearly never read much about the 1960s.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

goldfly (06-20-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    Let's look back at the implementation of the travel ban.

It was intentionally rolled out with maximum ambiguity to cast the widest net, and on a weekend to cause the largest disruption. It divided families and trapped small children and elderly adults in airports both here and worldwide. It was widely viewed as poorly constructed and inhumane. It encountered a loud, passionate, but nonviolent resistance. In my community, protest and resistance was organized by an interfaith group of local clergy--Christian, Muslim, and Jewish.

The order was stayed by the courts and its original form was rescinded.

Yet somehow you're trying to use that as some kind of evidence of radicalization, violence, degradation of discourse, etc?

Also, I'd suggest reading up on some historical periods of social unrest in this country before saying stuff like this. Sturg, too. You guys have clearly never read much about the 1960s.
    Yeah - More leftist radicalization in the 60s and we are seeing the residuals of that now as they continues to liberalize the education system.

I'm sorry but while the concerns of these protestors are valid the overall security of the American people is paramount. The majority of the American people always supported a travel ban.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Yeah - More leftist radicalization in the 60s and we are seeing the residuals of that now as they continues to liberalize the education system.

I'm sorry but while the concerns of these protestors are valid the overall security of the American people is paramount. The majority of the American people always supported a travel ban.
    First, I don't think that's true. Polling on the original EO came out mostly against it; subsequent polling of the revised EO has indicated majority support its central elements.

That's not what we're talking about, though. You're making some nutball generalized statements about protests and the left. I disagree. Instead of engaging on the relevant issue you pivot to your*opinion about "the security of the American people." Or are those actually "feelings" rather than opinions? ;-)

My point about the 60s was that there was radicalization and social unrest--emanating from different sides of the equation, also germane to my point--that far outstrips what we're seeing today.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    The roll out was poor of course but the policy was right. We need to protect the American people.

I agree we don't have more violent protests but the radicalization of political beliefs are clear and that's more dangerous to the republic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Antifa at it again. This time putting a 56 year old man in the hospital at nyc event last night.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    I really don't understand why the left defends these guys

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    I thought Trump was going to stop the violence? When Obama was in office they would say what is it he is doing to provoke violence when it happens. Now Trumps in charge. This is his America. He had forever lowered the bar.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    The Rude Pundit
    ‏ @rudepundit
    2h2 hours ago

Threats from a militia group in Oregon have led to a shutdown

of the state Senate session. How is this terrorism being allowed?

Why aren't we raiding these mother****ers and dragging them away?
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    You do realize one Democratic senator warned police to come heavily armed to round up the republican senators right?

All to impose more government control on the state citizens lives.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    remind me the next time you go on and on about free speech to include the voters of Oregon. Who voted for these policies and armed terrorists have shut down the capital.
    Their speech is guaranteed through the vote

wasn't it you that justified almost going to war over Iran sponsoring this sort of thing ?

This is the 2nd Amendment method Trump spoke of.
    By your logic, Trump is a war criminal

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Oregon’s statehouse shut down for safety concerns on Saturday. But the threats weren’t coming from anonymous trolls or foreign fighters—they were coming from the state’s Republican senators, who have teamed up with right-wing militias to threaten violence over a climate change bill.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/oregon...-wing-militias

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,040 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    Oregon’s statehouse shut down for safety concerns on Saturday. But the threats weren’t coming from anonymous trolls or foreign fighters—they were coming from the state’s Republican senators, who have teamed up with right-wing militias to threaten violence over a climate change bill.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/oregon...-wing-militias
    The Daily Beast is not a news source I would cite. That article is a great reason why. It is torturing facts to fit a narrative.

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    some pussy 2nd amendment lovers still scared of people that were formed cause they are anti-fascists lol
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    The Daily Beast is not a news source I would cite. That article is a great reason why. It is torturing facts to fit a narrative.
    we have an armed take over of a State House and all you took from the report was you didn't like the publication
    The who,whats ,whens and wheres are apparently correct -- but your comment is on the tone
    Gotcha

Then there is this:
    The bill faded away until this year. On Wednesday, after it had passed through the state legislature, Gov. Kay Ivey signed a bill that allows Briarwood Presbyterian to create its own police force to enforce the law at its church and school campuses. The bill allows the church to “appoint and employ one or more suitable persons to act as police officers to keep off intruders and prevent trespass upon and damage to the property …These persons shall be charged with all the duties and invested with all the powers of police officers, including the power of arrest for unlawful acts committed on the property.” The law is set to come into effect this fall.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...n-police-force