Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pozzy / Nega Check-in Thread

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts

Pozzy / Nega Check-in Thread

Checking in to see where the board currently stands.

I'm checking in as a nega still, and don't think we're particularly close. I'll give my rational in another post

Board:
    9 nega
    14 pozzy

I will update this as the responses come in
    Last edited by sturg33; 08-21-2017 at 08:28 AM.

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    487 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Checking in to see where the board currently stands.

I'm checking in as a nega still, and don't think we're particularly close. I'll give my rational in another post

Board:
    1 nega
    0 pozzy
    I still consider myself in the pozzy column.

Board:
    1 nega
    1 pozzy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mfree80 View Post
    I still consider myself in the pozzy column.

Board:
    1 nega
    1 pozzy
    Please provide rational

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    I'm on PrEP.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,288 Posts
    If you asked me in July I would have said pozzy, no doubt. But I was really frustrated with the front office handling Dansby, Freddie, Matt Adams, Albies, etc.

I have agreed with the rebuild philosophy almost from day one, but I am the point where I sincerely question the front office's ability to execute in their big league club decisions.

In other words, a soft Neggy here.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chop2chip For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (08-20-2017), sturg33 (08-20-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,731 Posts
    Pozzy Brave 4 life. ML team might not show results just yet but I think we had a tremendous year in the rebuild. I feel like almost all of our prospects have had their stock go up this year. I am all kinds of excited for the pitching we will see in the next 2 years. I think there is a chance we break out next year but 2019 is looking really exciting. That aligns nicely with Bryce leaving Washington. Really excited for the 2018 draft. Hope we tank some more. I think our farm system now is going to be remembered as a thing of legend.
    Last edited by cajunrevenge; 08-20-2017 at 11:52 AM.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,129 Posts
    If the Braves make a good move, like drafting Wright, I will be pozzy about it. If the Braves are successful, like having 10 guys in the Top 100 even after promoting Swanson and Newk, I will toot the pozzy horn.

If the Braves do stupid things, which have happened far too often, I'll criticize.

Simple as that really.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Enscheff For This Useful Post:

CyYoung31 (08-20-2017), jpx7 (08-20-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    I'm a pozzi obviously but the negas have been more right the past 3 years.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,123 Posts
    Pozzy also. The farm has had an amazing year. We all knew Acuna was good but to soar all the way to be what should be the #1 prospect in baseball? That in itself is amazing. Wright is gonna be a #1 or #2 imo and with the growth of Gohara, Touki, Soroka, and Allard I have no doubt we will churn out a few top pitchers there. And we have plenty of ammo to trade for say Archer to lead the rotation. To me this offseason will be huge bc we really need to trade one of Markakis or Kemp and maybe both. I'd still drop Markakis on somebody and use Kemp and a top prospect for Stanton and start Acuna the 3rd week of the season. If something like that could happen then we are a playoff team next year. And we will have another top draft pick to help replace what we trade.

Called Up to the Major Leagues SJ24's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    291 Posts
    nega except about ronald and touki

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    Nega as always. Show me something at the ML level or get off the squad. It's as simple as that.

Mr. Free Trade
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    514 Posts
    I'm a nega since I don't think the FO has a winning strategy in place. They have made isolated good moves and gotten some good luck along the way. But even the good moves have been damaged by ham-handed front office decisions IMO (the Miller trade bringing back Inciarte, Swanson and Blair has been diminished somewhat by the face plant of Blair (not necessarily a self inflicted happening) and the rushing and likely damaging of Swanson (very much self inflicted)).

The FO has been particularly poor on ML tactics (signing Kemp, Markakis, Colon, etc.) and ML strategy (rushing prospects, burning control time, pushing the re-load instead of committing to the rebuild).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,513 Posts
    What's up my negas.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to CyYoung31 For This Useful Post:

BoneThrower (08-20-2017), Gary82 (08-20-2017), GovClintonTyree (08-20-2017), jpx7 (08-20-2017), Tapate50 (08-20-2017), The Chosen One (08-20-2017), thewupk (08-20-2017)

Mr. Free Trade
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    514 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CyYoung31 View Post
    What's up my negas.
    Wazzup Cdog31

Where's My Cup of Coffee?
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    If the Braves make a good move, like drafting Wright, I will be pozzy about it. If the Braves are successful, like having 10 guys in the Top 100 even after promoting Swanson and Newk, I will toot the pozzy horn.

If the Braves do stupid things, which have happened far too often, I'll criticize.

Simple as that really.
    This for me as well. Don't really consider myself pozzy or negative, I just celebrate the good things I see and criticize the bad. I love where our minor league system is at, but our manager is terrible (which was apparent last year), and our front office is making quite a few dumb decisions with player management over the last season and a half. Love our scouting group, starting to question the FO decision makers ability to get us back where we need to be.

I had us at 75ish wins give or take a few coming into the season, and apparently I really undersold how bad we'd be this year even then. The inability of any of our long term assets to perform well at the MLB level outside of Freddie and Ender has been pretty disappointing to say the least. Looks like we will be lucky to hit .500 next season, and I hope the FO doesn't royally screw up our future making dumb moves to create a winning team this offseason.

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,830 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CyYoung31 View Post
    What's up my negas.
    This.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    to encheff and auyushu, that's how everyone should be.

The question is based on the overall direction, are you optimistic (pozzy) or pessimistic (nega) about where we are and where we're going

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,513 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    to encheff and auyushu, that's how everyone should be.

The question is based on the overall direction, are you optimistic (pozzy) or pessimistic (nega) about where we are and where we're going
    How do you feel about the direction of spelling the word 'rationale' in this thread? Pozzy or neggy?

22. The Following User Says Thank You to CyYoung31 For This Useful Post:

The Chosen One (08-20-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,896 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SJ24 View Post
    nega except about ronald and touki
    That makes you a pozzy brah
    Ivermectin Man

Swallowed by Mark Bowman
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,279 Posts
    Because I have to be a precious, unique snowflake, I'm somewhere in the middle, probably leaning to the nega side.

I think this front office has - indisputably - done a fine job of drafting and generally building up the farm system. Three years ago we had one of - if not the - worst farm systems in the game. Now, we have one of - if not the - best systems. That's impressive work, and it's genuinely worthy of praise.

But building up a farm system is only the first step in a re-build, and I think there are some folks around these parts who assume that a strong system will inevitably lead to a strong big league team, and it doesn't really work like that. I don't see much reason to be optimistic about the front office's ability to properly evaluate and integrate prospects onto the major league roster in an effective fashion. I don't see much reason to be optimistic about the front office's ability to evaluate big league talent and fill out a good, competitive roster. I don't see much reason to be optimistic about the front office's ability to think through the long-term ramifications of their decisions and follow through on a coherent plan*. And I don't see much reason to be optimistic that, even with the new ballpark, Liberty will open up the purse strings and provide us with a big-time budget.

There's a lot of talent in the system, and it's fun to follow it. But bridging the gap between big-time minor league talent and a competitive major league roster is tricky, and I won't believe the front office can do that until they actually show proof that they can.

*The Freeman-to-third thing is an excellent example. Moving Freddie Freeman to third base was probably always a stupid idea, but you can imagine scenarios where it makes a kind of sense - specifically, if we had a truly elite hitter under long-term control who was entirely restricted to first base. Instead, we shifted our franchise hitter across the diamond to make room for Matt Adams, who's not that great and not that likely to be on the roster next year, and then abandoned the idea after about a month. I mean, Freddie's Freddie, and he'll hit no matter what, so it's not like that little experiment did any long-term damage. And I imagine some fantasy players are THRILLED. But it was just so stupid and pointless.