Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pozzy / Nega Check-in Thread

Where's My Cup of Coffee?
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    to encheff and auyushu, that's how everyone should be.

The question is based on the overall direction, are you optimistic (pozzy) or pessimistic (nega) about where we are and where we're going
    Long term (2019-2023) I'm pozzy right now, we have enough talent it would be difficult to screw things up too bad. Next year I don't see a good team, though if someone of the young pitching comes up strong and is performing well around this time next year 2019 could be fun. Of course this depends on the FO not shooting themselves in the foot with trades this offseason.

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,837 Posts
    Nega 4 life.

I have mad love for the Braves but their rushing of prospects and not seemingly being able to properly value players at the MLB level gives me reason to believe we are still not close. 2019 will be the year we get things going as long as our pitching prospects start to pan out.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to thewupk For This Useful Post:

Garmel (08-20-2017)

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CyYoung31 View Post
    What's up my negas.

Read this in Jackie Chan Rush Hour 1 voice.

Forever Fredi

5. The Following User Says Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

NinersSBChamps (08-20-2017)

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    239 Posts
    There's light at the end of the tunnel with the rebuild but I'm nega as I don't have a good feeling about how the Braves develop, how they put together things on the ML team (it seems like it's done on the fly), and how things are managed.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,756 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CyYoung31 View Post
    How do you feel about the direction of spelling the word 'rationale' in this thread? Pozzy or neggy?
    Very nega

Vencer a Los Doyers GovClintonTyree's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,029 Posts
    Slightly positive. There's just a sheer volume of quality pitching that says some of them will pan out, even though the return on the break up of the 2014 team has been underwhelming.

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    599 Posts
    100% Positive- Our farm is insane- there are so many guys that no one (save Rico) even mention around here... I think we are loaded for bear and a big long Dynasty.

High School Draftee kingphatcow's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    Wait. How can you be "negative" AND a fan? You're either positive or you just like the sound of your own voice.

Approaching Buddy Hernandez Territory
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts
    While I have a lot of issues with the Johns and who really is the Gm(imo Hart), mark me down as a pozzy.I was there for the turnaround in 91 and slightly remember the early 80's Joe Torre led teams.It can happen fast and be unexpected.If we find a solid number 2 pitcher for next season and Acuna keeps playing like Trout then I believe we could be in the WC race next season.I feel like you can have a couple number 2's and 3/4/5 and still compete.Not as many pure aces/1's as many think.I believe the offense will be better next season and have to believe Swanson/Albies perform far better.The second wave of callups will prove the tipping point to us being a winning club.

Fingers crossed :)

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    Pozzy but thats mainly based off how the likes of Soroka, Gohara, Wright, Allard, Touki, Anderson, Wentz, etc, develop.

Need some long-term SP in the big club badly.

Arizona Fall Leaguer
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Pozzy: not even 1939 St. Louis Browns-level badness could change that.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,150 Posts
    When I looked at things a year and two years ago I thought 2019 was the right time frame.

I see no reason why that's changed and see no way in which the front office has made it less likely.

As a fan I'll be more positive than not even if I don't like every move along the way.

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts
    Posi. Caveat..the rebuild has been decent. However, the constant need to yank players around or the delusion that we're competing has been bs. Additionally, some of the acquired assets have been garbage and some are blocking young good, cheap talent. That's the negative but I'm overall posi if not for all the prospects I've personally gotten to see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    There's a misconception that posibraves can never be critical of the front office, when in fact we're critical all the time. The thing that makes a negabrave a negabrave is that they go out of their way to illogically critique the front office. You see it with snidey remarks that ignore evidence. Posibraves on the other hand will never critique the front office without evidence.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to weso1 For This Useful Post:

cajunrevenge (08-21-2017), thethe (08-21-2017)

Mr. Free Trade
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    514 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    There's a misconception that posibraves can never be critical of the front office, when in fact we're critical all the time. The thing that makes a negabrave a negabrave is that they go out of their way to illogically critique the front office. You see it with snidey remarks that ignore evidence. Posibraves on the other hand will never critique the front office without evidence.
    Not true. Fake news.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsehide Harry View Post
    Not true. Fake news.
    We are real news Mr. Horsehide Harry.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    to encheff and auyushu, that's how everyone should be.

The question is based on the overall direction, are you optimistic (pozzy) or pessimistic (nega) about where we are and where we're going
    Overall, pozzy. I think the Braves are on the path to being a legit playoff contender by 2019 when the Allard/Gohara/Soroka/Wright group are impacting the MLB rotation, and the core of the offense is Ender, Acuna, Swanson, Albies and Freeman.

However, that does not mean I think the FO is doing an above average job overall. Nor do I think they have given any indication they will be adept at creating and sustaining a winner at the MLB level.

It is undeniable they have done a good job building the young talent base for the organization. They have accumulated the best collection of assets in the game today, so they have clearly been above average in that regard.

What knocks them into the below average range is all the other stuff. Even giving them the benefit of the doubt that a complete tear down and rebuild was not going to be allowed, and this dog and pony show we have seen was an absolute necessity, there was no reason for some of the worst moves to have been made.

There is no excuse for not knowing HO was terrible, and couldn't even play 3B. There was no reason to commit $20M per year to Kemp to buy a "name bopper" for the casuals when many other guys like him were available for much less money. There was no justifiable reason to rush Swanson and Albies (and I'm assuming Acuna) to the MLB level and give up $10M-$15M of value for each player in the process.

So yeah, the team will eventually be good, but this FO can certainly blow it if they continue to insist on making horribly sub-optimal moves over and over.

Awaiting a Promotion chipchildress's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts
    I'll be pissed if any more prospects brought up before 2020. total complete waste of service time.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    The real question is what will our window be. 2019 to...?

Could 2018 be like 2010. Good enough to compete for wild card spot but not really for a title. If 2019 is the 2011 (when we were supposed to be really good).

Is it gonna be a 3.5 year run (2011 to 2014 summer)? We also were fortunate that Medlen really came out of nowhere returning from TJ and being one of the best pitchers in baseball.
    Forever Fredi

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    376 Posts
    I'm a Pozzy. There are definitely some things I would have done differently, but my gripes aren't the main ones I'm reading. A lot of the things they have done have been to cater to the casual fan who spends money at the park, therefore the analytical fan is not going to like those moves. I don't believe we've been trying to rush the rebuild, I think it's all been a dog and pony show for the fans. I don't think we've ever been close to acquiring a big name starter in trade or free agency. I believe those are calculated leaks to keep fans interested during a rebuild, much like Coppy's Q & A's.

We have a great nucleaus with Freeman, Ender, Acuna, Dansby, and Albies. If you include Flowers on an extension and accept Kemp is probably here, which is hard to do after an injury riddled season then we have a good team for the next few years, outside of 3B. We still need to adress that this offseason. But the pitching is what is exciting. Things happen. We thought Fried and Weigel could be in the rotation by now, but this wave is a deep one that I'm excited about.

This will also be the first offseason we try and actually win. We have a laundry list of servicable players to trade that are expendable for various reasons i.e out of options, 40 man eligible, or depth areas that can help greatly if done right. As most have said these smaller Mallex/Gohara trades are Coppy's specialties. If we execute those trades properly, make a few smart free agent signings, and have some kids step up and be men then we can be competitive and not hurt ourselves in the future....I would not be surprised to see any of these names traded or released in some cases. I'm talking to you Jace.

Christian Pache
    Julio Teheran
    Arodys Vizcaino
    Matt Adams
    Lucas Sims
    Sam Freeman (L)
    Matt Wisler
    Aaron Blair
    Luke Jackson
    Dustin Peterson
    Matt Withrow
    Jacob Webb