Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dat Dude

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    766 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    While BP has been real good I still want to give Camargo a full year shot. He's earned more of a look.
    I forgot Comargo as an internal option in my post....it's possible...I still don't believe in the bat.

My pretend trade is still to do the big deal for Verlander and Fulmer with Kemp being sent as the money off set. Then flip Tehran for McMahon.

Verlander + Fulmer for Kemp + Touki + Seymore + Pache + Allard.
    McMahon +Nunez + Lambert for Tehran + Ruiz.

Inciarte
    Acuna
    FF
    Flowers
    McMahon
    Neck
    Swanson
    Pitcher
    Albies

Velander
    Fulmer
    Folty
    Newcombe*
    Dickey........to be replaced by Gohara, Wright or Soroka at the deadline
    *Newcombe to pen if he keeps the walks up and 2 of the 3 (GWS) earn their way up.

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    766 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    Verlander is as big a pipe dream as Stanton. Both have no-trade protection - surely none of you that keep tossing those names around really believe they'd waive it to come here during a rebuild.

Verlander to the Dodgers would make sense. Verlander to the Yankees would make sense. Verlander to the Cubs would make sense.

Verlander to the Braves makes no sense - to Verlander.
    It might if you guarantee his last year on his deal. It might if he thinks about how his numbers go up in the NL. It might if the Braves make other moves for him to feel like they are going to be good. It's not like his current team is likely to be better if they go full rebuild.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    Verlander is as big a pipe dream as Stanton. Both have no-trade protection - surely none of you that keep tossing those names around really believe they'd waive it to come here during a rebuild.

Verlander to the Dodgers would make sense. Verlander to the Yankees would make sense. Verlander to the Cubs would make sense.

Verlander to the Braves makes no sense - to Verlander.
    Fair argument.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to thethe For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (08-25-2017)

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    376 Posts
    BP will not be coming back to Atlanta to play 3B.

I do believe a trade for Profar makes sense. Hart loves the kid and we've been looking for super utility players. Pure speculation, but I think there's a chance the international cash in the Ventura trade was to be used in a Profar trade as the Rangers are collecting international cash right now.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ2dollas View Post
    It might if you guarantee his last year on his deal. It might if he thinks about how his numbers go up in the NL. It might if the Braves make other moves for him to feel like they are going to be good. It's not like his current team is likely to be better if they go full rebuild.
    That's more "mights" than he's looking at this winter in Detroit - the place he's been his entire career. Uprooting everything to go to a place where he has no more chance to win than he does now???

I'm certainly one of the biggest haters here when it comes to speaking in absolutes, but it's all but certain that neither of those guys would waive their no-trade rights to come here - it would be incredibly stupid on their parts (Verlander even more than Stanton because he's running out of time to win even faster).

The only thing crazier is thinking there's any way that there's a deal for Verlander AND Fulmer that doesn't include Albies, Swanson, and Acuna.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,151 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    With his defense rebounding Phillips has played exactly like most projected. The main issues are the Braves will no longer be paying him peanuts next year if he were to return and I doubt he wants to continue to play 3B.
    Indeed you were right on it: "If his defense returns we have the upside of a 1.5-2 WAR player for next to nothing. Not a bad gamble."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    With his defense rebounding Phillips has played exactly like most projected. The main issues are the Braves will no longer be paying him peanuts next year if he were to return and I doubt he wants to continue to play 3B.
    Interesting. I remember the statties saying he's been done for a while now.
    Ivermectin Man

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,863 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    Interesting. I remember the statties saying he's been done for a while now.
    Most of the statties said he's not a good hitter which he isn't despite the SSS crowd praising him during one of his hot streaks and those that still believe in only batting average

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,863 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Southcack77 View Post
    Indeed you were right on it: "If his defense returns we have the upside of a 1.5-2 WAR player for next to nothing. Not a bad gamble."
    The best moves Coppy has made at the major league level have been BP and our catching situation. Hopefully he can continue to work these under the radar moves to fill in roster spots when we are ready to contend.