Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
How dare you mention he who should not be named. He's persona non grata. We fired everyone pertaining to him, except the President, and special advisors, and a **** ton of other people.

What I found the funniest about the Wren fiasco isn't would we be in a better place with him or not because I don't think that's particularly relevant, though Wren IMO had a better trade record than JS or Coppy.

First big move was trading Renteria for Jurrjens and Hernandez. Which is about equal return we got for Heyward and Renteria was no Heyward. He also brought in INfante for nothing. Wren then made the brilliant Vazquez trade which was huge for us, and then he flipped him again for a hugely positive return if Melky Cabrera had decided to take steroids one year earlier it would have been lights out.

Kicker is from what I have read most of Wren's bad moves weren't his fault really. Letting Francisco go had to do with Cox wanting an extra OF or pitcher I forget which, Same with the Tex trade and signing Garret Anderson.

And then in the end, Wren was fired for wanting to fire Bobby's boy Fredi. Which of course was the right move to make given that in all of 2015 and 2016 he showed even more ineptitude and his gross mismanagement of players in 2014 was why we blew the lead. Wren screwed up in 2014 of course, but Fredi was the biggest reason for our failure.
So Wren was responsible for all the good moves but the bad moves were other peoples faults.

Got it.