Page 112 of 425 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122162212 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,240 of 8494

Thread: Global Events & Politics Überthread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mqt View Post
    I truly don’t understand the idea that there are young men feigning transgenderism to have an advantage in women’s sports. The sheer difficulty that would cause such athletes cannot possibly be worth it, and as such, I fail to see the need for such regulation.
    It’s happened already in many different places. It’s wrong and it needs legislation.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    The Russian government hackers who breached a top cybersecurity firm are behind a global espionage campaign that also compromised the Treasury and Commerce departments and other government agencies, according to people familiar with the matter, who requested anonymity because of the sensitivity of the matter.

The FBI is investigating the campaign by a hacking group working for the Russian foreign intelligence service, SVR. The group, known among private-sector security firms as APT29 or Cozy Bear, also hacked the State Department and the White House during the Obama administration.

It is not clear what information was accessed.

Reuters first reported the hacks of the Treasury and Commerce agencies Sunday, saying they were carried out by a foreign government-backed group. The SVR link to the broader campaign is previously unreported.

The matter was so serious it prompted an emergency National Security Council meeting on Saturday, Reuters reported.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...781_story.html
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Always entertaining to see timing of stories.
    Natural Immunity Croc

4. The Following User Says Thank You to thethe For This Useful Post:

Jaw (12-15-2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Always entertaining to see timing of stories.
    why u so pro-putin

"I am your retribution."

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    These nations clearly saw that Joe Biden was about to win in landslide so they started agreeing to symbolic peace deals now that they know there's a real President on his way and they dont get to deal with the pushover Donald anymore.

Not even day 1 and Biden is already paying dividends.

Wouldn't have thought you to be a warmonger.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    the good old days...i'm gonna miss em

"I am your retribution."

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mqt View Post
    I truly don’t understand the idea that there are young men feigning transgenderism to have an advantage in women’s sports. The sheer difficulty that would cause such athletes cannot possibly be worth it, and as such, I fail to see the need for such regulation.
    Fallon fox?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    the good old days...i'm gonna miss em

His Presidency has been so insane this didnt even register in my memory until you brought it back up. If Biden did April fools post he should post this but replace Russia with China and watch the conservative media's heads implode.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    The Department of Homeland Security is the third federal agency to have fallen victim to a major cyberespionage campaign by the Russian government, joining the Treasury and Commerce departments as targets that have been compromised, officials said Monday.

The list of victims is expected to grow and to include more private companies, said officials and others familiar with the matter, who spoke on condition of anonymity because the matter is under investigation.

The fact that the department charged with safeguarding the country from physical and cyber attack was victimized underscores the campaign’s significance and calls into question the adequacy of federal cybersecurity efforts.

DHS spokesman Alexei Woltornist said that DHS is aware of reports of a breach and is currently investigating the matter. The compromise of that agency was first reported by Reuters.

The Russian intelligence service, SVR, is believed to be behind the sophisticated campaign, which has been running since at least the spring. The hackers gained access to their victims’ systems through what is known as a “supply chain” attack, or taking advantage of routine software patches sent to these systems by a firm, SolarWinds, that provides network management tools.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...aff_story.html

"I am your retribution."

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Honestly is nobody bothered that a Chinese spy was banging a bunch of government officials out in California, including a presidential candidate who sits on our intelligence committee?

Or is this another just ignore it til we move on and point to the orange man as the true threat?

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    we are gonna keep overlooking it cause you are a person who thinks everything the orange guy and his cult is doing to try to overthrow the democratic election is fine

so

your worries about other issues fall on deaf ears when it comes to "threats" in your eyes
    Last edited by goldfly; 12-15-2020 at 04:00 AM.
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Honestly is nobody bothered that a Chinese spy was banging a bunch of government officials out in California, including a presidential candidate who sits on our intelligence committee?

Or is this another just ignore it til we move on and point to the orange man as the true threat?
    Enemy of my enemy. They just don’t realize how evil the CCP is.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    slave labor picking cotton...has a certain historical resonance

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    The Department of Homeland Security is the third federal agency to have fallen victim to a major cyberespionage campaign by the Russian government, joining the Treasury and Commerce departments as targets that have been compromised, officials said Monday.

The list of victims is expected to grow and to include more private companies, said officials and others familiar with the matter, who spoke on condition of anonymity because the matter is under investigation.

The fact that the department charged with safeguarding the country from physical and cyber attack was victimized underscores the campaign’s significance and calls into question the adequacy of federal cybersecurity efforts.

DHS spokesman Alexei Woltornist said that DHS is aware of reports of a breach and is currently investigating the matter. The compromise of that agency was first reported by Reuters.

The Russian intelligence service, SVR, is believed to be behind the sophisticated campaign, which has been running since at least the spring. The hackers gained access to their victims’ systems through what is known as a “supply chain” attack, or taking advantage of routine software patches sent to these systems by a firm, SolarWinds, that provides network management tools.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...aff_story.html
    I was assured that the guy in charge of our cyber security was wrongly fired and we could absolutely believe it when he assured us the election was not compromised.

As thethe said, timing is an interesting thing.
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    I was assured that the guy in charge of our cyber security was wrongly fired and we could absolutely believe it when he assured us the election was not compromised.

our cyber security is not perfect but it appears to be able to detect an attack...i suppose there is a chance there was an attack on the elections that has not been detected...i suppose it is possible one has been detected but our cyber security chief is putting out false information...unknown unknowns as Rummy would put it

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts

CCP doing whatever it takes to convince half the country that they didn’t fully compromise the election.

The timing of the solar winds hack was too convenient. They’ve been busted. The dominion machines were installed to steal the election. The state executives who signed the contracts received massive amounts of money to do it.

The forensic audit report on the Michigan machines would be the biggest story of the decade if we had an honest media. I don’t think people understand just how damaging that report was.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    As thethe said
    ask and ye shall receive

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    ask and ye shall receive
    The interwebs and kkk right wing sites tell me that some interesting things will be discovered after a raid of the solar winds HQ.

Trump gave these state executives a chance to come forward before certifying this fraudulent election. His administration learned from 2018 what was going to happen in 2020.

Barr didn’t want to spearhead the election investigation for whatever reasons. That’s what his resignation is all about.

Writings on the wall nsacpi. Hope you can put country over your hate of trump to see who the true enemy is.
    Natural Immunity Croc

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    we are gonna keep overlooking it cause you are a person who thinks everything the orange guy and his cult is doing to try to overthrow the democratic election is fine

so

your worries about other issues fall on deaf ears when it comes to "threats" in your eyes
    I've long since moved on from the election. As I told you from the beginning, Trump will be gone on1/20... he made a bunch of legal challenges - which is his right. They failed. And we move on.

I can also chew gum and walk at the same time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    our cyber security is not perfect but it appears to be able to detect an attack...i suppose there is a chance there was an attack on the elections that has not been detected...i suppose it is possible one has been detected but our cyber security chief is putting out false information...unknown unknowns as Rummy would put it
    https://www.csoonline.com/article/32...ontractor.html
    Here is a story I like to refer to when the topic of cyber security comes up. 600gb of top secret military project data stolen in January and February of 2018. It came out in June. Now, who do you trust to make things more secure, a Defense contractor with billions of dollars of missile and submarine technology sales on the line....or a federal team dealing with and part of the bureaucracy?
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club